Advice Investing

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
No. And what exchange were your mates on? That would have been all over the news.
Asked megadave, it was this one:

View: https://medium.com/@bitgrailvictims/the-bitgrail-exchange-ruling-a-win-for-cryptocurrency-exchange-users-50df6c383571

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
He said he lost some money when another exchange was hacked as well, cryptopia

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It's be a shock if any of the well-regulated exchanges went (coinbase, kraken etc).

That's the argument for keeping hold of your keys securely tho eh?

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Why would you buy crypto with a credit card? My debit card buys it fine.

Presumably people think they can defraud the credit card company when the crypto goes down..

There is too many pump and dumps in bitcoin stuff. I'd never get back into it again. I made my money, bought lots of nice gear with it but never again.

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Would Credit Cards offer any protection against crypto theft or the person closing up the exchange and running away with all the money like what happened to my mates?

Not sure, I wouldnt have thought so as I would assume its a cash transaction, or maybe they do it for a quick turnaround then pay off the card.

I've used at least 6-7 exchanges in the past including that one run by the dodgy french geezer in Japan. Luckily I wasnt caught out by his "criminal" behaviour. Most looked pretty dubious and when times got tough they miraculously got hacked

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Nothing protects you against crypto theft as far as I know. Maybe if an exchange owner did a runner but not for individual theft.

What constitutes Crypto theft? If you are stupid enough to give people you keys and pass phrases thats not theft its utter lunacy.

If its stolen from an exchange then that might be a different thing altogether.

But since crypto currencies are typically not recognised by many govts around the world as fiat currency, the arguments might be moot.

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Just did a quick search of Crypto exchanges and out of the top 25 hits only 4-5 look familiar from when I was mining/trading...and some of those were pretty solid outfits like Kraken, no idea who the others are.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Give it a few years and the biggest crypto exchanges will consolidate, and then the banks will buy them.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Give it a few years and the biggest crypto exchanges will consolidate, and then the banks will buy them.

.... or more 'traditional' exchanges....

LqqsgsVgin

Fledgling Freddie
It is good that you are already thinking about your future today. If you have the opportunity to invest, then you should do it. The most important thing is to choose a reliable object of investment. I have been making money on the stock market for several years. To make money on the stock market, you need certain knowledge. I try to trade very carefully to protect my money. Moreover, I always read the news that influences share prices here <redacted>. Information today is the most valuable resource.

Last edited by a moderator:

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
After working with them, I can tell you I have made a negative profit of £-650,000.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I've made some changes to new user posts to stop this type of spam...

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Cool. But I kind of like this spam because it hardly ever happens :)

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Cool. But I kind of like this spam because it hardly ever happens :)
I know but zero spam is better. Noone can make a post without it being moderated at least 5 times now. Existing users have been promoted to a new group so that it does not affect them in anyway.

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
I know but zero spam is better. Noone can make a post without it being moderated at least 5 times now. Existing users have been promoted to a new group so that it does not affect them in anyway.

I've just got this when logging on: 😆

Freddy has noticed that you have not posted anything in at least 14 days, why not start a conversation with Deebs to understand why and see if he can help by clicking here?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom