[SUGGESTION] Introduction of other capital cities

mooSe_

FH is my second home
Ok I've been thinking about how they could introduce the capital cities that were cut from the game.

Here's how it works:
The other 4 capital cities are put in behind the fortresses in t4 with all their related content/dungeons and access to them by their realm.
However, instead of now having 3 completely separate wars going on, we keep the current system of take 2 forts and then raid IC/Altdorf.
This is where the change comes in: once the siege is concluded, the 3 'kings' of that realm move to a different one of the capital cities and then the focus of the campaign next time around moves to that city: so it would be much the same except when you get to the IC/Altdorf stage you would instead be attacking one of the other 4 cities.

In case that was unclear here is an example:
- Destruction captures 2 fortresses and then attacks Altdorf
- The timer on the city fight runs out and the campaign resets
- A message appears to everyone saying "Karl Franz, Elf-dude and King Dwarf-man (can't remember names) have moved to Dwarf city (can't remember which one it was gonna be)"
- Now next time that destruction captures 2 forts, instead of Altdorf being the focus of the campaign, it will instead be 'Dwarf city'.

The only other consequence of this system will be when you get quests from the 'kings' and you want to get your reward they might be in a different city than they were when you got the quest.

This system would also allow different end-game boss fights: if we were fighting at Dwarf city then King Dwarf-man would be the new focus of the campaign, rather than fighting Karl Franz every time.

It's not a massive game revolution, just a bit of extra content integrated into the existing system to make it slightly more varied and interesting.

Feel free to comment unless you are going to say something along the lines of:
"Fix the current game flaws before you had new content blah blah, something about an epic fail, more blah, the term 'band-aid fix' more blah, BW is OP, blah blah blah."
We are all aware of this and yes I would also like the game to be fixed before they add new content, this is just a suggestion for the future.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Sounds like a good idea imo.

Anything that improves and varies the endgame will be good.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Overly complicated imo.

Simpler to have each city in it's pairing and have taking the associated fort open that city.

This being said, in the current state there is no point adding the other cities until they fix the endgame as it'd just be the same thing with different fluff.

mooSe_

FH is my second home
Overly complicated imo.

Simpler to have each city in it's pairing and have taking the associated fort open that city.

This being said, in the current state there is no point adding the other cities until they fix the endgame as it'd just be the same thing with different fluff.

Yeah well that was going to be their original plan but they scrapped it so I doubt they are going to implement it now anyway.

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
Good idea - but until they fundamentally fix city siege please don't encourage them to add more content.

A big pile of shit is no more attractive than a small pile of shit.

mooSe_

FH is my second home
Yeah this is definately an idea for the distant future. First make city sieges into actual sieges, and then when people get bored of that, add the other cities in.

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
I rather like this idea, or variants thereof.

One of the things I'd been thinking about is that other cities perhaps should not be end-game sieges at all, but oRvR zones in their own right and quest hubs that can be used by both sides, giving us somewhere else to fight that perhaps contributes towards attacking the capital of each side. If we treat the other cities as contested zones where there is constant fighting we'd see much more action on an ongoing basis in variant zones, instead of just another city siege at the end of pushing the same old zones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom