Introducing your FH representative at the upcoming Mythic Press Event

Damini

Part of the furniture
Me!

At the beginning of August, Mythic are holding an event in Washington that will allow me to shine a lamp in the eyes of the developers of Warhammer Online, take people's pulses while asking pertinent questions, run around in RvR whacking opponents round the face (or more likely, dying in explosive fashion), mingle with journalistic types, and get to know the quest system, all whilst severely sleep deprived and jet lagged.

So, I thought I'd take the opportunity to introduce myself, for those that don't know me. I was the girl hanging out in Games Workshop, who had more twenty sided dice than any teenager would ever admit to owning. I was Hazel Journey in Ultima Online, the woman who tamed an army of lag cats, and who was famous mostly for the trail of corpses she left everywhere she went. Well, that and the time I made a killing from telling fortunes at the bank, after persuading a friend to create a "Tall Dark Stranger" character. I played Neocron (where I died a lot, and couldn't find my flat), SWG (where our mayor got drunk, had a breakdown, and tore down our town), DAoC (where I died a lot, and struggled against my urge to punch things that I really shouldn't) and WoW (where I died a lot, and spent a fortune buying a pet cockroach, expecting it to be an uber cockroach, capable of striking fear into the hearts of my enemies, and was so disappointed to discover it was a conventionally sized insect).

Those of you that frequented Barrysworld will hopefully remember me fondly as the DAoC mod. Those that don't remember me fondly are probably just bitter because I told you off :)

Anyway, that's the speel out the way. As you might have guessed, I'm not a power player. I'm what you could politely term an enthuasiastic amatuer. I play these games because I love them, not because I excel at them.

So, I need your help.

Tell me what questions you would like answered. What worries/concerns do you have about the game? What would be your MMORPG wet dream (and please, not the type you can find in the murky corners of Second Life)? Here are the sessions:

Playtime - Starter Zones

Play - RvR Scenarios

RvR Discussion w/ Q&A

Classes/Careers Discussion w/ Q&A

Quest Discussion w/ Q&A

Art/Animation Discussion w/ Q&A

Tome of Knowledge w/ Q&A

General Q&A

Playtime - RvR scenarios or Starter Zones

I'll do my very best to ask as many questions as I can, to report back to you as much as possible, so please fire away and let me know what you want to find out

Damini x

Ogrelin Blodig

One of Freddy's beloved
That sounds like a nice job! I have one question!

Classes/Careers Discussion w/ Q&A

Isn't there a problem that the elfs got finishied so late in the development? I mean you will get alot less testing on them, compared to the other races.

Roffe

Fledgling Freddie
Playtime - Starter Zones :

How many hours of play before you have outlvd the starter zone? what lvl range is it for, 1-> ?

Play - RvR Scenarios :

Mythic have said that doing scenarios is required to take control of a zone, but what if the scenarios in that zone are crap and no one wants to do them, will the zone stay neutral forever?

Classes/Careers Discussion w/ Q&A :

With 3 of each category per realm(tank, dps, ranged and heals) I fear that one class will excel as the “best” for group RvR (in DAoC for example some classes were next to useless in group RvR) and the other 2 will have a hard time finding groups. Lvling a char to max lvl only to find out that no one wants your class, no matter how skilled you are, in the group sucks!
Are Mythic worried about this and trying to prevent this from happening?

Tome of Knowledge w/ Q&A :

Is everything in the Tome locked to your character or is there stuff that is shared across all characters on that account?
For example if I have killed 1000 ogres on charX will the Ogre page be blank on charY or will it be as shiny and full of details as on charX?

[

Gahn

Resident Freddy
First of all, gl with the trip and have fun!

RvR Discussion w/ Q&A

How will cc definetly get handled in War? We heard there will be no form of Aoe cc but only single forms of it.
That said:
how will it work exactly?
Will the cc spell (or different forms of cc spells) can be applied one after another or will it be only 1 type of cc? (root, mezz, disease, slow down, wtf or just slow down OR root OR disease).
There will be a cooldown on cc spells to avoid spamming?
Ccers will be able to cc a target and keep bringing utility to group in form of dps and healing, or cc will force em to actually have a penalty themselves? (maybe they can only heal themselves or buff up while the cc cooldown fades away?)
There will be diminishing return or immunity timers?
In case of immunity timers, will they eventually be shared across the cc lines? (as for if i get cced and i don't break it somehow, will i be free from any form of cc for, let's say 30s, or could i "purge" mezz just to get rooted right after and get diseased meanwhile, ending up never reaching my target?)

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
Mmmmm
1.Whats the situation regarding guild implementation (Guild banks).
2.Are guild banners going to be of more use than in DAOC (To infrequently used).
3. Transportation between capitals ?
4. End game Boss's/Dungeon - Given the game must have some, how are they going to avoid the issues, that WoW has finally got around to addressing and Mythics worse crime being ML3.
5. Griefing - Now I understand that higher level players can't hit lower level players. But what about hordes to lowbies instigating swarm attacks against higher levels.
6. Moving items between characters (which are not bound) Mail ?
7. Mounts ?
8. Properly integrated voice communications ?
9. Colouring armour ?
10. Player statistics, are they capped DAOC or are they open ended like WoW ? What player statisic enhancements can we expect to see on armour/weapons/jewelry ?
11. Blue Bar ;) Does War have the concept of the WoW Blue Bar for ramped up Xp gains for people with bugger all time.
12. Interface - What flexiability will mod writers have? Will they be of the level achieved in WoW ?

Roffe

Fledgling Freddie
hmm...weird, I can't edit my first post again:confused:

I have another question.

Could you explain why you have chosen to split up the lvl in tiers,1.0 -> 1,9 2,0 -> 2,9 and so on instead of just using the standard 1,2,3….?

I know that’s a weird question but this is the reason I’m asking it.
I’m hoping it has something to do with how powerful you are and how gear restriction will work. Gear having tier X as a requirement and the only difference between players in the same tier is that a x,9 char has a wider set of abilities to use not more powerful nukes etc.
So a lvl 2.9 char will get stomped by a lvl 3.0 char, but a lvl 3.0 char will have a fair chance to beat the crap out of a 3.9 char.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
guys,

feel free to spread the information about Damini's trip and ask them to post their questions here on this thread.

Cheers

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
General Q&A

1) Getting around what will the transport system be like?

2) Will they be using a mailbox system similar to WoW?

Thanks a lot and I hope you have a great time.

Tilda

How are you press lou? :p Lucky you going to washington though, enjoy it!
I have no questions because I'm NDA and NDA! :D

kivik

Part of the furniture
I've a question :)

1. Will you have a similar feature like in WoW where when you were logged out for a longer time you got additional % experience rate when logging back?

Possibly more to come...

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
How will warhammer cater for the less casual players who do not get to play hours each night?

Will there be items of an epic or rare nature which allow small groups of people to acquire? ie how will you reward those that do not hardcore raid?

Cyradix

FH is my second home
I'm hoping it will have some WoW features...

Will there be something like the Auction house?
Mail system?
Mounts you can control? Or will it only have something like the horses in DAoC?

What is the penalty for dying?? Exp loss? Durability loss?
And speaking of durability.... have they decided on a system yet?
Will it be like the DAoC durability system? Will there be soulbound items?

RvR.... is it strictly world PvP or will there also be instanced "battlegrounds"
How are they going to balance conflict zones? Will there be NPC’s to help outnumbered factions?
How long will capital cities stay captured? I’dd hate to see big guilds ruining it for everyone by doing 4 am alarm clock raids….

What’s the party system like? Are there party and raid options (like in WoW)

Guild housing/player housing?

What kind of crafting professions will be available?

Will there be level limits on gear to prevent twinks?

How will the game be patched?
Manual downloads? Integrated into the client? Or ??

And finally... will I wtfpwn as a squig herder? ;)

Talivar

Part of the furniture
I read a while ago that as we get more powerfull we actually start to look differant, will this be just small things like dwarfs beard getting longer or will there be bigger changes?. So will a naked starter char look a lot diff to a naked end game char :)

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
Model changes - As you gain levels, as an orc you become bigger (more powerful), as a chaos player you become more mutated.

PVP/RVR - You have endgame city takes and instances as well (In instances if enough players cannot be found, then you will have NPCs added to balance up). Also Level, Realm Rank and Equipment quality are taken into account when working additional npcs. So for example, top end FG vs PUG FG will have extra help. Thats the last time I heard anyway.

crispy

Can't get enough of FH
What renown rewards will there be. Skills like in daoc?

As in daoc, will be be able to dye our armor and change lastnames?

Will instanced rvr be balanced so strong teams (ie. high ranked players) maybe fight two low ranked teams?

Have you decided on whether to have /stick on enemies or not?

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
What renown rewards will there be. Skills like in daoc?

I believe you will gain access to extra talents as Renown grows, but they will not be as powerful as DAOC had (Though this may change as the years pass).

Will instanced rvr be balanced so strong teams (ie. high ranked players) maybe fight two low ranked teams?

Level, Realm Rank and Equipment quality are taken into account when working out if additional npcs are needed. So for example, top end FG vs PUG FG will have extra NPC help (Based on recent interviews).

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
How will they simulate the in game economy? Will it be composed of the usual rare items or will the developers put some serious thought into having a proper economy where players 'need' to consume certain things regularly and therefore need to replace them?

In other words is this a real economy or a toy one?

Damini

Part of the furniture
Keep them coming people. I'm practicing looking very serious, and chewing a pencil whilst wearing glasses, just for that hard hitting reporter effect.

Are there any old favourites from desktop or warhammer roleplay that you're hoping to see in the game? Any old campaigns you're longing to see converted into quests or areas? Any bizarre rumours you'd like quashed?

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Keep them coming people. I'm practicing looking very serious, and chewing a pencil whilst wearing glasses, just for that hard hitting reporter effect.

Are there any old favourites from desktop or warhammer roleplay that you're hoping to see in the game? Any old campaigns you're longing to see converted into quests or areas? Any bizarre rumours you'd like quashed?
WPKenny is a lucky sod what with you sat there with ya glasses on and pretending to roleplay!! Do they have nurses in Warhammer? :)

Roffe

Fledgling Freddie
First ,could someone explain to me why I can’t edit my previous posts in this thread?

I have a few more questions :)

Will there be zone wide Kill-spam just as in DAoC?
Is /anon in?
Has a decision been made if /stick on enemy PC’s will be in?

Will the gear that drops from players be sell loot (crap loot) only or will it actually be possible to kit a char with good gear from PC kills only?
Will there be Bind on Pick Up and/or Bind on Equip items in WAR?

Anything you can tell us about crafting?
Will there be anything like the DAoC Spellcrafting profession?
Will there be any Race/Class restrictions on what professions is available?

How much player customization is planned for the UI?
Is it an “only change the look of existing frames” or more of a “no need to learn to play your class, the UI mods will do that for you”?

Will there be ingame voice-chat?

Does the Tome of Knowledge only store personal information or will it also display server first things? ie first city to get sacked, first player to reach RR10, that kind of stuff.

Will guild alliances be in?
If the answer is no- god forbid! Why aren’t alliances in?!

How will spell interrupts work?

How will you prevent higher lvl chars griefing on low lvl Public Quests by easily killing the PQ mobs, so that the low lvl chars get next to none contribution on that Public quest?

Orcs grow bigger and Dwarfs get longer beard as they get higher lvl, but what about the other races, how do they change visually?

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
First ,could someone explain to me why I can’t edit my previous posts in this thread?

There is a time limit on all posts. This is to stop having a discussion and then going back and changing the earlier post, to mean something else.

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
Orcs grow bigger and Dwarfs get longer beard as they get higher lvl, but what about the other races, how do they change visually?

I think I posted earlier in this thread, that Chaos are meant to mutate more as they level. We are not sure about the elfs so no one nothings shit ... but they will be become more aloof.

I imgaine that higher level players can come down and sweep through lower level public quests, but like anything it will become boring as time goes on. Also ultimately you get out of it what you put in. So the speed at which you kill squids for instance will be the same, it just that the higher level player may well kill more than everyone else.

I don't suppost though it would be that difficult for public quests to be banded, to your current tier, above and 1 tier beneath. So if I am Tier 3 I can help on Tier 2,3,4, if I was Tier 4 I could help on tier 4,3. Thereby limiting the use of overwhelming firepower being brought to bare.

What you don't want to have though, is if those public quests gave reputation and you were effectively denying them access to the earlier quests. Brcause they were chaos and only came into the Dwarf/Orc tiers at tier 3+ .

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
General Q&A

How exactly works the Tier 1, 2, 3 and 4 career? Is there any similitude with the standar "level from 1 to XX"? In terms of playtime, aprox. how long does it take to go throu Tiers assuming u want to maximize the WAR experience?
We all have in mind how tedious n long was getting throu levels in the very first DAOC.

RvR Discussion w/ Q&A or Classes/Careers Discussion w/ Q&A

Will the fact that elves (high n dark) are being developed the last, have any influence on their abilities, rvr powers, etc...? I can remember Midgard being the last developed realm in DAOC n being blessed with all kind of boons like instas n stuns making them more powerfull than their counterparts in some kind of weird balance.

Quest Discussion w/ Q&A

Will there be quests for artisan profesions? (if there are artisan profesions ofc) If yes, will it be an aditional or paralel way of leveling this artisan skills besides the usual n boring "stand in front of a desk watching a timer bar"

Art/Animation Discussion w/ Q&A

According to all the screenies ive seen, all the models for zealot (i took zealot as an example) have a skull in the offhand. Will this be a standar? Will all zealots have to hold a skull? or KotBS wearing that model of shiny armor (especially the helmet)?

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH

Absolutely - the one thing that is vital is to ask if we will ever be allowed to play Skaven. The most colourful race in Warhammer.

My economy related question is vital - just how important will player crafters be and will they make crafted items and other consumables important to the game?

SkarIronfist

Fledgling Freddie
Absolutely - the one thing that is vital is to ask if we will ever be allowed to play Skaven. The most colourful race in Warhammer.

My economy related question is vital - just how important will player crafters be and will they make crafted items and other consumables important to the game?

We should have a poll of the most likely races to appear in the first add on, and the big question. Will they have their own tier or fit into a pre existing tier ????

Skaven will defintely be down in the list. Since I feel the safe options have already been incorporated.

Sharkith ... small bit pertaining to crafting ..

"Shack: Speaking of the economy, are there any interesting points about how the economic system or item systems work? Is it fairly standard?

Lance Robertson: I can't talk about that, but there's going to be a great crafting system, there are going to be great ways to sell what you make, and the item system itself is going to be really compelling. We are going to have armor sets. A lot of people are interested in the item collection game, and we'll have that in spades--we'll have armor sets top to bottom, so you'll always have cool carrots of items to go after, things to further emphasize that "I'm more of a badass than you" mentality. We're into bragging rights when it comes down to it. You'll see that in the visuals too. We really want to cater not just to "My stats make me a badass" but also to "I'm going to damn well look like one on the battlefield, and you'll know exactly what role I am and how good I am just by looking at me."

From this recent interview at comic con

Comic-Con 07: Mythic's Lance Robertson on Warhammer Online - Shacknews

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture

Or undead, the most "dead" "race" in WH mythology

Damini

Part of the furniture
I fly out tomorrow morning, so this is your last minute reminder. Throw questions at me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom