Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I was going to make a jibe that this:
the dictionary said:
Intouchable
- no dictionary results

Did you mean Un touchable?

is a nonsense word, and this:
Go see it! One of the better ones i've ever saw.

would obviously be indicative of the quality of English that the type of person such a ridiculously-named film would attract, but then this:

Gets Calo off the hook.

Some good cinema comes out of France, Raven old bean ;)

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
Should watch it Raven. Proper film and a good laugh.

FuzzyLogic

Kicking squealing Gucci little piggy
Le Femme Nikita is the only one I can think of, in about one hundred years of cinema.
Leon, City of the Lost Children, Delicatessen, A bout de Souffle (Don't like that meself but hey, apparently a classic), Amelie, The Fifth Element?

Sure they're the more popular ones, worth mentioning though.

Last edited:

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Leon is in English and filmed in America with a mostly American cast but stars and is directed by a very good Frenchman (The only decent French actor?)

Never heard of the others.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Priceless with Audrey tatou is great. Also Amelie is supposed to be good but I've still not seen it :(

Litmus

Resident Freddy
I thought it was Mario bolateli when I first started to watch it.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Priceless with Audrey tatou is great. Also Amelie is supposed to be good but I've still not seen it :(

Amelie is a film so good, so warm-hearted and so funny, that you will cry with joy. Trust me, it is utterly beautiful.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Agreed Tom, it is one of the best films in the last 20 years

FuzzyLogic

Kicking squealing Gucci little piggy
Leon is in English and filmed in America with a mostly American cast but stars and is directed by a very good Frenchman (The only decent French actor?)

Never heard of the others.

Directed by a Frenchman with a largely French crew and funded by a French Production company, It's who pays for the production that generally indicates the nationality of a movie. Being in English or even filmed in an English speaking country doesn't necessarily make it an American/British film. I also find it hard to believe you've never heard of The Fifth Element :p

You're missing out by not watching the others though. It's distinctly possibly you may not like them but they're well worth watching to find out.

Last edited:

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I also find it hard to believe you've never heard of The Fifth Element :p.
You edited that in.

I have actually never seen it in it's entirety. Every single time I have sat down to watch it I have been interrupted. I have however seen the first half hour or so about 30 times.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Le Samouraï isn't a bad movie. District 13 (Banlieue 13) wasn't terrible either.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Fifth Element is awesome :)

and Amelie is not too shabby either, District 13 is pretty fun but for the love of god watch it with subtitles, i dont know where they found the semi-irish hillbilly voice over actors but they are terrible

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
French shit, lol. Worst blinkered knee-jerk write-off ever.

Polisse, Tomboy, The Transporter(s), City of God...

(the last two have heavy French involvement rather than being entirely French)

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
La Haine, Days of Glory (Indigènes), Mesrine, Betty Blue, A Prophet, The Big Blue, all great French films.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I have actually never seen it in it's entirety. Every single time I have sat down to watch it I have been interrupted. I have however seen the first half hour or so about 30 times.

Fix this, now. Seriously, shut off phone, turn off other stuff, disconnect doorbell and kick the wife(if any9 out the door for a manipedishoeshopthing or something.

eksdee

FH is my second home
Sounds tremendously pretentious. Is it?

Depends on what you deem pretentious, if being interested in something beyond its base level (not saying there's anything wrong with that) is pretentious then I suppose it is. My point was basically that French film and its directors especially have had a massive impact on the way that people think about film - and especially those that make films - so France has definitely had a massive impact and produced some of the most important works of modern times.

This was in the references on the Wiki page - http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2001/apr/07/books.guardianreview - an interesting read on the subject which sheds some light on just how important this publication was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom