Interview

gohan

FH is my second home
What should I wear to an interview with domino's?
It's only a secondary part time driving job as I have fuck all to do over the summer and could use the money, went in to apply yesterday and was offered an interview today before I'd even finished the form (know a few people that work there). Usually I'd wear shoes, trousers and shirt minimum, maybe a tie and suit depending on the company, but this is a fast food place where I more or less have been offered the job already, and it's fucking hot...... what do you think the minimum smart/casual that I could get away with is?

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
codpiece and Gimp mask, i know its not a weekend and you usually reserve them for saturday, but it'll make a great impression

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Just be casual, but not trampy. They won't care. As long you don't look homeless or like a skag addict you should be fine.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I am not sure being able to dress yourself, let alone what you wear matters for Dominos delivery drivers.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
The job might not be that important but it doesn't matter. You dress smartly, to impress. You dress to give your interviewer the impression that you're willing, professional and want the job.

And you give him a strong, powerful handshake (or a confident handshake if it's a woman). Never trust a man with a limp handshake.

eksdee

FH is my second home
Conversely, never trust a man who tries to crush your knuckles when he shakes your hand - he's trying to make up for something.

mycenae

Can't get enough of FH
limp fish handshakes are a pet peeve of mine....hate them with a passion....bad coming from a woman...unforgiveable from a man!

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
eksdee said:
Conversely, never trust a man who tries to crush your knuckles when he shakes your hand - he's trying to make up for something.

Disagree. I do not like pussy handshakes ever.

eksdee

FH is my second home
Disagree. I do not like pussy handshakes ever.

There's a big difference between a firm handshake and the type of handshake you get from a short, fat, balding man who is trying to assert some kind of 'manliness'. Someone who is actually confident doesn't need to 'impress' people by hurting them.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
There's a big difference between a firm handshake and the type of handshake you get from a short, fat, balding man who is trying to assert some kind of 'manliness'. Someone who is actually confident doesn't need to 'impress' people by hurting them.

Bedwetter.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Firm, not hard. Limp just means you are dealing with someone who either has no idea what they are doing or has no backbone.

gohan

FH is my second home
Well in the end I went naked, slaped it down on the side and said "Got a delivery for ya"

I start tomorrow

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
So you're the newest edition of back-room casting then Gohan? ;)

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
My pizza is 10 minutes late. I want it for free.

gohan

FH is my second home
It will come with extra toppings by way of appology........

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
The job might not be that important but it doesn't matter. You dress smartly, to impress. You dress to give your interviewer the impression that you're willing, professional and want the job.

And you give him a strong, powerful handshake (or a confident handshake if it's a woman). Never trust a man with a limp handshake.

Yep, you ALWAYS go to impress, even for a job on a market stall. Personally I wouldn't employ anyone for any position if they didn't wear shirt/tie and pants as a minimum.

Not sure about the handshake thing though, you must be a freemason Tom! :p

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
There's a difference between limp, firm and WTFYOUDOINGMAN.
I agree with firm.
The V of your thumb should meet the V of their thumb, your fingers should be able to curl around their hand and there should be enough pressure to convey your presence and sincerity.

The main peeve I have with handshakes is the type of person who insists on holding their hand out flat palm down trying to assert dominance.
I grab their hand and rotate it until it's a straight up-down. I had one person who fought back, so I forced the rotation so hard I nearly sprained their wrist.

Unsurprisingly, I didn't hear back from them. :)

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Yep, you ALWAYS go to impress, even for a job on a market stall. Personally I wouldn't employ anyone for any position if they didn't wear shirt/tie and pants as a minimum.

Not all industries run themselves on archaic values. They treat people as people and have happier workforces as a result. Forcing people into things they're not comfortable with when they're not necessary makes a less productive worker. No office-based internal (not outwards facing) employee should be forced into stuffy suits, ties and shoes. It serves no purpose but to breed disdain into the employees. It's pretty well accepted and known now that if you treat your employees like people and not employees you get better results out of them.

Fair enough if you're up in higher echelons of the corporate world, or need to be presentable to clients etc. but it's not necessary for everything.

Lethul

FH is my second home
Not all industries run themselves on archaic values. They treat people as people and have happier workforces as a result. Forcing people into things they're not comfortable with when they're not necessary makes a less productive worker. No office-based internal (not outwards facing) employee should be forced into stuffy suits, ties and shoes. It serves no purpose but to breed disdain into the employees. It's pretty well accepted and known now that if you treat your employees like people and not employees you get better results out of them.

Fair enough if you're up in higher echelons of the corporate world, or need to be presentable to clients etc. but it's not necessary for everything.

Well an interview is not everyday work now is it? :p

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I agree with firm.
The V of your thumb should meet the V of their thumb, your fingers should be able to curl around their hand and there should be enough pressure to convey your presence and sincerity.

The main peeve I have with handshakes is the type of person who insists on holding their hand out flat palm down trying to assert dominance.
I grab their hand and rotate it until it's a straight up-down. I had one person who fought back, so I forced the rotation so hard I nearly sprained their wrist.

Unsurprisingly, I didn't hear back from them. :)

Yeah what is that? I've only ever had one person try to do that palm down thing - it looked like he wanted me to kiss the Papal ring or something.

Only ever had a couple of bone-crushers; one was a well known former rugby player (who is a massive knobhead as it turns out) and the other the American father of a friend's fiancée who regarded every Englishman he met as a limey faggot and felt the need to show it by crushing all 27 bones in the human hand into a fine powder. They're divorced now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom