Interview

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Interesting read. :)

You said your 5D had a shutter count of 14000 after 3.5 years and you were "a fairly ruthless editor", does that mean there were only actually 14000 shutter actuations or a lot more and you were just counting stuff that you didn't delete afterwards? :)

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I concur. Thanks for sharing milou.

PS: Happy Birthday :D

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Great stuff Milou!!! :clap:

I find it interesting that you sort of plucked it from nowhere and ended up being really very awesome at it. It's inspiring to read about how fussy you are about the light, I find that's my biggest problem in landscape photography - not the equipment, not the technical aspects of DoF / aperture / my lenses, but being at the right place at the right time to catch the correct setting with the best conditions. I think that's where I have so much more to learn, and I guess you can't be impatient with nature!

Your photos are a huge inspiration and I strive to produce shots like some of yours :). I took a drive out to a place past Edinburgh one weekend, got up at 6am to make sure I got there before the sun rise to catch the best light. It was also blowing a gale too so I was hoping for some stormy clouds and big waves. I got there about 20 minutes too late, the sun was up, the contrast was too harsh and there wasn't a cloud in the sky making it all in all pretty boring! I took about 4 or 5 shots and then packed up. Quite disheartening.

Anyone, here's one I prepared earlier in better conditions (hope you don't mind me posting this on your thread):

(oh happy birthday btw :cheers:)

3842737087eaa7bd7786o.jpg

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Always happy to wish a good birthday to those older than me!

Nice interview too, my man :cheers:

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Some great pictures there.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
awesome read Milou, very inspiring!

and a very HBD too! :)

Fweddy

FH is my second home
Very interesting read, thanks milou and happy birthday.

I've just bought a Nikon D60 off ebay which arrived today so that site will probably come in handy as I learn to use it.

milou

Part of the furniture
Thanks all. Big G - aye, good camera gear is great but if the light/weather isn't behaving, then it's frustrating doubly so if you've travelled a great deal to a location and know of its potential.

I've been to a fair few great locations in the UK when I know I could have pulled off a fab shot but felt restricted by the environmental conditions. I guess the skill is seeing the locale in a different way in those situations. The last time I was in Cornwall, it was all about the grand vistas, the big wide everything in focus landscapes so when the weather closed in, I cut short the trip. In such situations now I would focus on more abstract shots or make better use of the fog/mist/rain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom