Interrupts - how do they work?

Oboy

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:
Serious... LOL..

I grow abit tired of people all knowing exactly all ins and outs about archers and how they wtfrock with their bows. It takes so bloody many shots to kill a caster nowadays, if you take the range and terrain advantage that victim is prolly 4x out of range before you even start to do damage to him.

I once tried it, shoot a sorcerer from a good 2.2+K units away.. He looked abit around, saw where the arrows came from, ran into that general direction, got my target and QC mezz. At this time I had him on 40% hp, however, Im mezzed. Now I got the following options:

* Purge mezz, try shooting him with sureshot, pet is INC soon which will break my Sureshot.

* Purge mezz, try charging him to reach in melee. Smart caster would obviously kite me.

* Run away from the caster, in the hope the pet stops chasing me and I can restealth.

In each scenario, I got less chance to win then the caster does. The issue is: Trying to shoot a caster is just stupid, because he's a WAY better shooter then you are as archer. He can survive more arrows then you can survive nukes from him, and his nukes come 3x faster. Only way they can fix this is by either nerfing caster-damage, improving archery-damage(dps) or boosting the damage casters take from arrows.

First of all i said most casters, a sorc with a pet is the worst caster u can attack. Second, either u are gimped as hell only making 800-900 dmg on him before he managed to qc on u or he had 3 brittles up. Attacking a sorc with a pet + 3 brittles is suicide.
Can agree that some casters have it easy against archers without a clue in ordninary fighting but when it comes to towercamping and keepfights it will be the opposite effect. The caster cant do a shit except run out of range.

Jeriraa

Fledgling Freddie
Oh and about archers... tbh I'd like them to be turned into "casters with bows". What I mean is I would like them to have the same utility if not dps as casters. Give me "bow styles" to cc, NS, debuff and whatnot. Create a new spec line for that if you must. I wouldnt mind not having any melee abilities if that would make bow spec viable.

Ronso

Can't get enough of FH
I havent played a 50 bow specced class before so I dont claim to know anything about them but ..I have fought against them.

Early days playing my eld..got jumped at bold where I was solo on my rr 1l9 eld .. rr 8 scout starts pouring arrows into me .. 1 hits bt..I notice it ..last attacker face quickcast mezz ..he purge 2/3 ..stun ..nuke nuke nuke dead.

Got jumped by a ranger on my gimped sm at bled docks ..blade turn goes down ..I get hit with an arrow next..75percent health ..set pet on aggressive and go for the water..I dive pet keeps this rr6 ranger out of stealth ..ranger comes to water..Lt LT lt dead .

Jumped by a bow hunter on my hero ..turn face engage ..sprint towards..slam annihalate annihalte annihalte dead ...

every thing i do comes in three's ( anni nuke lt :p )

So just from what Ive noticed..on most of the characters Ive played ..I havent really been killed easily by a bow specced person unless its at a tower I cant engage him well at .

I think bow spec should get some low ..maybe something like a 3percent chance to stun an enemy for 3 seconds with every arrow or something I dont know ..that might be bullshit but Im no expert on the class. Only Tesla is pulling it off well atm as far as I can see and thats mainly cause he has a pet and fights stealthers in a 'weird way'

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
Vladamir said:
Or maybe it's because i had higher priorities and didn't want to turn out like you? :)

So in stead you turned out to be one of the cool kids spamming a forum of a game you stopped playing.

k

Jeriraa

Fledgling Freddie
Oboy said:
First of all i said most casters, a sorc with a pet is the worst caster u can attack. Second, either u are gimped as hell only making 800-900 dmg on him before he managed to qc on u or he had 3 brittles up. Attacking a sorc with a pet + 3 brittles is suicide.
Can agree that some casters have it easy against archers without a clue in ordninary fighting but when it comes to towercamping and keepfights it will be the opposite effect. The caster cant do a shit except run out of range.

Did you even bother to read what I wrote here? The example was just bt, and 1-2 brittles. Your first 2-3 attacks as an archer will ALWAYS do zero damage to a caster. Thats 2-3 seconds wasted and you can not critshot anymore once your fired your first arrow on the target. So your dps will be around ~200-250 while any casters these days sports twice as much.

Elrandhir

Fledgling Freddie
Jeriraa said:
Oh and about archers... tbh I'd like them to be turned into "casters with bows". What I mean is I would like them to have the same utility if not dps as casters. Give me "bow styles" to cc, NS, debuff and whatnot. Create a new spec line for that if you must. I wouldnt mind not having any melee abilities if that would make bow spec viable.

not an opted one perhaps, but this is something that would be nice tbh if you prefer being Bowspecced, still you can always spec in several lines, so the best thing for the ranger would in that case have to be at top Bowspec or so, because again if you get both Bow and melee okay, plus extra other things it would be OPed.

I prefer my former option though, gifv ranger atleast MoC ability, more things are needed if you go only bow perhaps, but this would be a really good start and I would be sattesfied atleast getting that.

Oboy

Fledgling Freddie
Jeriraa said:
Wow, a sensible post from you! :D Shame thou that you wasted it on a guy who either cant read or is too stupid to understand.

says the guy who played since beta and instead of using all advantages for his class, whining as hell on a forum when he gets pwned.

Jeriraa said:
About stealth, like I said firing from stealth is not guaranteed. Even with 50+15 bow spec my huntress could not always fire from stealth.

Try spec in stealth also as its the factor that determind if u get poped out of stealth while drawing ur bow.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Jeriraa said:
Wow, a sensible post from you! :D Shame thou that you wasted it on a guy who either cant read or is too stupid to understand.

Perhaps 50% of the people here on FH who still think archers are 'ze bomb' might get an idea on how sucky it actually is by reading my posts.

Another thing alot of people dont understand is how often u get 'a draw' on an archer. This is a concept not-known to many characters to be honest. Imagine a caster versus anything. Either the caster dies, or the caster kills the other dude. Imagine a melee versus melee: One kills, other lives.

There is an entirely different concept with archers: I get a nice jump on JoeTheMercenary, and Joe sees his Ignore Pain is down. Instead of fighting me, he runs away from me, and keeps running. I'm unable to catch him, and we both survive. Or I am shooting a SB, but instead of running to me, he runs out of range, and restealths. He's on 40% and thinks 'fuck it im not gonna fight him now' and the ranger cant find him, despite having MoS ---> another draw.

People who dont play archers have no clue on how often a target gets away wounded from an archer.

Oboy

Fledgling Freddie
Jeriraa said:
Did you even bother to read what I wrote here? The example was just bt, and 1-2 brittles. Your first 2-3 attacks as an archer will ALWAYS do zero damage to a caster. Thats 2-3 seconds wasted and you can not critshot anymore once your fired your first arrow on the target. So your dps will be around ~200-250 while any casters these days sports twice as much.

ofc u can critshot after first arrow, just pop brittles and bt load up crit, caster get in range and stops to cast qc mezz, bang pop a 1000+ arrown in his head

Elrandhir

Fledgling Freddie
Ronso said:
I havent played a 50 bow specced class before so I dont claim to know anything about them but ..I have fought against them.

Early days playing my eld..got jumped at bold where I was solo on my rr 1l9 eld .. rr 8 scout starts pouring arrows into me .. 1 hits bt..I notice it ..last attacker face quickcast mezz ..he purge 2/3 ..stun ..nuke nuke nuke dead.

Got jumped by a ranger on my gimped sm at bled docks ..blade turn goes down ..I get hit with an arrow next..75percent health ..set pet on aggressive and go for the water..I dive pet keeps this rr6 ranger out of stealth ..ranger comes to water..Lt LT lt dead .

Jumped by a bow hunter on my hero ..turn face engage ..sprint towards..slam annihalate annihalte annihalte dead ...

every thing i do comes in three's ( anni nuke lt :p )

So just from what Ive noticed..on most of the characters Ive played ..I havent really been killed easily by a bow specced person unless its at a tower I cant engage him well at .

I think bow spec should get some low ..maybe something like a 3percent chance to stun an enemy for 3 seconds with every arrow or something I dont know ..that might be bullshit but Im no expert on the class. Only Tesla is pulling it off well atm as far as I can see and thats mainly cause he has a pet and fights stealthers in a 'weird way'

yeah as said here, it's hard and you need to be both selective and fast to kill of casters or others as bowspecced.

(some would call it chicken, but those are just the once that don't know sh*t about how you need to play a bowspecced ranger)

Or if there are Zerging going on so you don't get detected so fast because of the mess going on around.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Oboy said:

I see you play Albion. I suggest you go play *ANY* other realm and start shooting Albion-casters with spec-AF. You will be amazed how utter wank the damage is on a *GOOD* templated caster. Add in abit of Physical Defense and voilla.

I must be a gimp, with 45+19 bow and, granted im the wrong race, Shar, with 390 DEX its not odd to shoot an Alb caster for 350-400 on a regular shot. Add in natural misses, BT, A brittle and you're looking at some really low DPS.

Im not talking about towerhumping.

Elrandhir

Fledgling Freddie
Oboy said:
ofc u can critshot after first arrow, just pop brittles and bt load up crit, caster get in range and stops to cast qc mezz, bang pop a 1000+ arrown in his head

haha ;D yeah sure, tbh a mage that knows how to play his class well wont get killed easy by a ranger tbh, because the ranger just needs one interrupt and he is more or less screwed.

and if he dies when his got both Brittles and BT up, then his the n00b of n00bs =P

Oboy

Fledgling Freddie
its really fun when a class who can kill most classes in the game whine

assasins, no problem just go high mos
tanks, no problem just shoot and fz etc
casters, o no we dont get a kill against these 100% of the time lets whine on fh

so you want to be able to kill all classes with no risk of dying, just roll a warlock or something.

Jeriraa

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:
People who dont play archers have no clue on how often a target gets away wounded from an archer.
Yupp, thats why I'd like a spec line to give you 'bow styles'...

Snare for example: 'Crippling Shot' - has a chance to decrease the targets movement speed by 50% for 10 seconds. The chance for the effect would depend on the level of the style or if you want to express it in other words, the number of spec points spent in the 'Bow Styles' line.

Jeriraa

Fledgling Freddie
Oboy said:

casters, o no we dont get a kill against these 100% of the time lets whine on fh

so you want to be able to kill all classes with no risk of dying, just roll a warlock or something.

Assassins: I have MoS5, I see the assassin, open with a crit... if I am happy he doesnt evade that one and I happen to do damage but in that case he will just vanish and I wont see him again.

Tanks: Any shieldtank that dies vs an archer was braindead already before he died. Light tanks charge and will kill me with 3 swings.

Casters: Discussed enough!

Forceful Zephyr: I win on a 15 minute timer. Great but not something you can hook the playstyle of a whole class to.

The target will be considered in combat by the game as soon as the 1st arrow hits, missed or gets bladeturned. You can only crit-shot targets who are not moving and not in combat.

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
In caster vs archer, caster defo on top. Even forgetting brittles or pet, only thing you need is to get qc CC off and they're already heading for a body bag.

Sometimes full sniper spec archers are a pain shooting at max range when buying a ticket at docks. Otherwise, they need to burn purge, IP, PS, FZ just to force u to MoC. Not saying I never die to em cos sometimes I do, but they have to blow everything they got and you need to blow....not much.

Pirkel

Fledgling Freddie
Oboy said:

One born every day.

Elrandhir

Fledgling Freddie
Oboy said:

rofl even more, nope as the bowspecced ranger has a big chance of dying to whatever class he faces tbh zomg so unknowing about the spec.

don't get me wrong, I think a melee specced ranger is good from what I have seen, it's in the Bowspecced area he lacks.

Still I like a challange so this wont really keep me from playing the char ;D
and I have other chars for melee, is why I don't want to spec him that way.

Thlauni

Fledgling Freddie
I actually wrote this post to ask for some information on interrupts. So while I do agree with the fact we could use some love, then I am mainly interested in knowing a bit about interrups. So far I understand that:
1. Mages can be interrupted in range from 0-50% of draw time
2. Archery can be interrupted from ??? of draw time

Something that might help could be the sequence of archery
0. Draw bow
1. Release shot
2. Prepare auto draw of next shot
3. cancel autodraw of bow

It typically takes 1-4 seconds to draw a bot.
It takes an undefined amount to release shot. I dunno how much, but to me it doesn't seem instantanous. If you prepare autodraw I don't think it has an effect, but if I draw and shoot, then i can't instantanously instadraw again.

To my experience, without serious testing, I can be interrupted the following ways.

Normal fire and Crit shots
I can be interrupted during the whole of step 0, sometimes during step 1, though mainly only if melee attack on me, and all the time during sequence 2. It adds to the confusion, that you easily go for step 2 to step 3 in a confused battle and I am not aware of any way of removing that cancel autodrawn check.

Rapid fire
Is a bit different as the steps are as follows
1. Draw bow
2. Release shot (but only once bow is drawn, otherwise it is redraw bow)
3. Redraw bow.
So spamming bow icon (used for both drawing and releasing shot) is slowing you down, as u in effect draw, cancel, draw cancel. You got to time your shooting right here to fire any faster than a normal shot.
And basically you can be interrupted during all of these fases in rapid fire mode.

Oboy

Fledgling Freddie
Jeriraa said:
Assassins: I have MoS5, I see the assassin, open with a crit... if I am happy he doesnt evade that one and I happen to do damage but in that case he will just vanish and I wont see him again.

Tanks: Any shieldtank that dies vs an archer was braindead already before he died. Light tanks charge and will kill me with 3 swings.

Casters: Discussed enough!

Forceful Zephyr: I win on a 15 minute timer. Great but not something you can hook the playstyle of a whole class to.

if ur open with a crit when the assasin is facing u, u deserve to die, same thing about a shield tank. Vanish wont help against mos5 and if it in some strange way do, just pop a sl.

Many classes depends on i-win abilities and u dont need FZ in every fight just those hard ones against example a charging zerker so save it for those moments.

Elrandhir

Fledgling Freddie
Maeloch said:
In caster vs archer, caster defo on top. Even forgetting brittles or pet, only thing you need is to get qc CC off and they're already heading for a body bag.

Sometimes full sniper spec archers are a pain shooting at max range when buying a ticket at docks. Otherwise, they need to burn purge, IP, PS, FZ just to force u to MoC. Not saying I never die to em cos sometimes I do, but they have to blow everything they got and you need to blow....not much.

yeah, I have played both mage and ranger, and I don't really favour any as I like both, just stating how it is from experience.

you can kill mages ofc, but it's sh*t hard if they are good playing their class, you need to select when to go for it very carefully usually, in zergs it's easier ofc.

Oboy

Fledgling Freddie
Elrandhir said:
rofl even more, nope as the bowspecced ranger has a big chance of dying to whatever class he faces tbh zomg so unknowing about the spec.

don't get me wrong, I think a melee specced ranger is good from what I have seen, it's in the Bowspecced area he lacks.

Still I like a challange so this wont really keep me from playing the char ;D
and I have other chars for melee, is why I don't want to spec him that way.

many scouts have no problems and they usally go high bow, but then ofc they are albs and only way they can kill is by zerging,towerhumping and adding. :m00:

Jeriraa

Fledgling Freddie
Oboy said:
*stupid biased bullshit
You are now on my ignore list. I cba to 'discuss' with you anymore since you won't let ANY arguments count anyways.

Elrandhir

Fledgling Freddie
Oboy said:
many scouts have no problems and they usally go high bow, but then ofc they are albs and only way they can kill is by zerging,towerhumping and adding. :m00:

well I really havent got enough patience to camp towers myself, guess some do though, I always roam with my ranger.

Still I think I do pretty well with him tbh, I just state how I think it is on for bowspecced rangers etc, you need to be good as you mostly have the disadvantage.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Oboy said:

Funny. Take for example Tesla, who is high MoS, and quite high RR. You know what he uses his MoS for mostly? For defense, pre-kiting, sicking pet on me while running to a tower/MidFG etc etc.

High MoS doesnt give the archer a big advantage in the fight against an assassin. He might get off 1 Rapidfire, perhaps 2, but after that, all the points on MoS are wasted in that fight. Also: The higher the MoS, the lower the other RA's like IP, Purge, AoM, PD, MoPain, etc etc.

Serious, if an archer has to FZ my Nightshade, and needs IP to win over my Nightshade, what the hell you think a light-tank will do? You're lucky if you get 3 shots off a light-tank in FZ if he has any common sense. Banelord-interrupts to run back to the archer after the FZ, or a shield to /engage. Add in a Malice /use2 for arrogance during FZ and such. Or a simple IP.

Tell me, I cant find your archer in your signature. Ive played an archer up till RR9 including all the TOA-tricks and artifacts and ML's and such. What makes you think you know it all ?

Jeriraa

Fledgling Freddie
Thlauni said:
I actually wrote this post to ask for some information on interrupts. So while I do agree with the fact we could use some love, then I am mainly interested in knowing a bit about interrups. So far I understand that:
1. Mages can be interrupted in range from 0-50% of draw time
2. Archery can be interrupted from ??? of draw time

Something that might help could be the sequence of archery
0. Draw bow
1. Release shot
2. Prepare auto draw of next shot
3. cancel autodraw of bow

It typically takes 1-4 seconds to draw a bot.
It takes an undefined amount to release shot. I dunno how much, but to me it doesn't seem instantanous. If you prepare autodraw I don't think it has an effect, but if I draw and shoot, then i can't instantanously instadraw again.

To my experience, without serious testing, I can be interrupted the following ways.

Normal fire and Crit shots
I can be interrupted during the whole of step 0, sometimes during step 1, though mainly only if melee attack on me, and all the time during sequence 2. It adds to the confusion, that you easily go for step 2 to step 3 in a confused battle and I am not aware of any way of removing that cancel autodrawn check.

Rapid fire
Is a bit different as the steps are as follows
1. Draw bow
2. Release shot (but only once bow is drawn, otherwise it is redraw bow)
3. Redraw bow.
So spamming bow icon (used for both drawing and releasing shot) is slowing you down, as u in effect draw, cancel, draw cancel. You got to time your shooting right here to fire any faster than a normal shot.
And basically you can be interrupted during all of these fases in rapid fire mode.

1. The 0-50% of the cast goes for the spell currently casted. If the caster is half trou it the spell will fire. The caster will still not be able to cast for a certain time afterwards.

2. A bowshot can be interrupted at any point.

I am not sure what you are on about with insta-drawing. But if you mean that after you get attacked once you can not draw your bow for a certain time, then that is the actual interrupt. Casters suffer the same penalty.

About drawing and firing: Tap your bow icon once for the initial draw. Then tap it twice to release and reload. So to fire continiously you double tap your bow icon each time an arrow goes off.

Oboy

Fledgling Freddie
Elrandhir said:
well I really havent got enough patience to camp towers myself, guess some do though, I always roam with my ranger.

and u will always have the advantage to pick the fight, so if u find a good spot to shoot on and use the terrain and ur abilities right u will win against a caster. If ur to triggerhappy as most of the rangers/hunters here seems to be*cough* Jeriraa *cough* u will loose. Its what called skills and its fun some ppl choose to play like this instead of camping towers or zerg.

Oboy

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:
Serious, if an archer has to FZ my Nightshade, and needs IP to win over my Nightshade, what the hell you think a light-tank will do? You're lucky if you get 3 shots off a light-tank in FZ if he has any common sense. Banelord-interrupts to run back to the archer after the FZ, or a shield to /engage. Add in a Malice /use2 for arrogance during FZ and such. Or a simple IP.

ok a light tank was a bad example specially if ur fz hit after he using BL interupts, but i still say u will have a good chanse against a heavy tank if u get a first critshoot.

Puppet said:
Tell me, I cant find your archer in your signature. Ive played an archer up till RR9 including all the TOA-tricks and artifacts and ML's and such. What makes you think you know it all ?

all i know as a caster is that if the hunter/ranger is good and using terrain and range right he will kill me. If he is as triggerhappy as most archers is he will eat dirt fast. Skilled archers who knows when to take the shoot usually wins the rest comes here to whine.

Elrandhir

Fledgling Freddie
Oboy said:
and u will always have the advantage to pick the fight, so if u find a good spot to shoot on and use the terrain and ur abilities right u will win against a caster. If ur to triggerhappy as most of the rangers/hunters here seems to be*cough* Jeriraa *cough* u will loose. Its what called skills and its fun some ppl choose to play like this instead of camping towers or zerg.

heh, I know how to play the ranger mate, I have already considered things like this when doing previous comments and it dosent change nothing.

And, nope it wont make you win, but to have a chance of doing so you need to be strategic ofc.

Elrandhir

Fledgling Freddie
Oboy said:
ok a light tank was a bad example specially if ur fz hit after he using BL interupts, but i still say u will have a good chanse against a heavy tank if u get a first critshoot.

against anyone haveing points specced into shield you can just forget it if bowspecced if you aint somehow able to get him from behind, but if he keeps his back at u until dead...well

that dosent really bother me though(even if i's silly to block more or less all arrows like tat), I select my targets rather carefully so ;D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom