Internet problems

Afran

Part of the furniture
Probably not the best place to ask for such help, but what the hell. Basically, I've just got a new PC and I'm unable to connect to the internet, this is because I have lost my ISP's installion disc and am only able to install the Modem it's self, which is a Thomson Speedtouch 330. I can choose to connect to "Speedtouch USB", but what I need to be able to is connect to "Homecall Broadband", like I can on this PC. Am I scewed or is there some way around it, like copying certain files over ? I tried copying the entire "Thomson" folder, but no luck there.

Screenshot: ImageShack - Hosting :: interfacetx2.jpg

-Left, as I want it to look (as it does on this PC)
-Right, how it looks currently (although it says Speedtouch USB, not Homecall Broadband, was the nearest thing I could find on google ;))

Mojo

Fledgling Freddie
Probably not the best place to ask for such help, but what the hell. Basically, I've just got a new PC and I'm unable to connect to the internet, this is because I have lost my ISP's installion disc and am only able to install the Modem it's self, which is a Thomson Speedtouch 330. I can choose to connect to "Speedtouch USB", but what I need to be able to is connect to "Homecall Broadband", like I can on this PC. Am I scewed or is there some way around it, like copying certain files over ? I tried copying the entire "Thomson" folder, but no luck there.

Screenshot: ImageShack - Hosting :: interfacetx2.jpg

-Left, as I want it to look (as it does on this PC)
-Right, how it looks currently (although it says Speedtouch USB, not Homecall Broadband, was the nearest thing I could find on google ;))

Call your ISP.

Case

Fledgling Freddie
Buy a router instead, modems suck :p

Otherwise call BT and they will help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom