Internet Explorer 5 Maximize Problem

S

S-Gray

Everytime i open a new IE Page, it only opens at around half the size of a maximized Page, i believe this is a common problem with IE but does anyone know of a Fix to make every page open Fully?

Im on Win2000 SP3 and IE Version 5.00.3502.1000

T

TheJkWhoSaysNi

drag the window to the size you want. then, follow a lot of links in it (without maximization) Then with it still open, reboot your PC. works for me.

P

PR.

Also set the shortcut that you use to launch IE, goto the properties then set Run: to maximised...

And upgrade to IE6 :eek:

S

Spaceman Spiff

Open an IE window, resize it so it's beyond the size of the visable screen (you can do this, just move the window around a bit), and then close the window. When you reopen IE it will fill out the entire screen. Not technically "maximised", but close enough.

S

S-Gray

well i did that, then upon opening a new link within the Window it went all small again

P

PR.

IE will always remember the size of the window you just closed and use that as the default size.

I used to have problems like this, but since I got IE6! it seems ok

S

S-Gray

IE6 is good?

Ive always heard about these "Holes" Microsoft Make...

Totally Safe? (Or as Safe as can be)

W

Will

As long as you run the Windows Update often, you should be as up to date with security hole fixes as MS allow.

S

S-Gray

So i download IE6 First, then download IE6 Service Pack 1?

W

Will

I assume so. I stopped using IE because it seems to develop amusing quirks as time goes on. Every time I clicked a link when I was using multiple windows, the link would open on the "oldest" IE window. After a few weeks of looking for an answer, I decided to change browsers. Netscape is...well, bloated, so I gave up on tha one. Mozilla is OK, but prone to crashing, though the last version I tried was 1.0 RC1. Opera is nice, though tables don't work quite as nicely as in IE. Still, it does behave, has mouse gestures, and tabbed browsing, so I'm happy.

S

S-Gray

Hmmm... just updated... But each time i open a new Link it does the same as before...? fs :eek:

P

PR.

[/MS Tech Support]

Thats fixed in XP, upgrade to XP :eek:

[\MS Tech Support]

S

S-Gray

Does seem like a Win2000 Problem, and i also notice that it doesnt remember the options...

stupid memory loss :eek:

If i could get my Hands on a co.. on um WindowsXP i would try it might ask my mates.. heh

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom