Interesting thread found on VN-Boards

Jeriraa

Fledgling Freddie
Hibs will still keep their boni for a while thou I think we can deffo see the same trend here.

Dumle

Fledgling Freddie
Well look at what the statistics are about, the decline in midpopulation compared to the decline of other realms.

You see those red numbers on the chart? Those are the negative numbers of mids, there are red numbers on all but 2 servers.

Dumle

Fledgling Freddie
Oh and btw, it is 13 of the 16 servers that the Hibs outnumber the mids ;)

13 of 16 where mids are underpopulated, so yes mids are giving up overseas, not a good sign IMO.

balkeriz

One of Freddy's beloved
well it's not because we all dont want to play it when the patch come we lose the love to the game because we ALWAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!! get more nerfed that... hmm now i look at it.. It only os that get nerfed. Hibs and albs are still not nerfed after, i dont know how many patches.

Its not os that make the servers population fall it simply the ones that keep nerfing os that forces os to not play that chr anymore.

Thane has bin nerfed for a really long time and havent seeen more than 5-10 online at primetime and thats not good.. And when we keep getting nerfed we lose alot of the fun of the game and just want to stop and that is what we then do....

If this keep going that we lose more and more ppls because of nerf i wont stay much longer ither, even tho i love this game i know i can stop and save me some valible money.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
balkeriz said:
well it's not because we all dont want to play it when the patch come we lose the love to the game because we ALWAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!! get more nerfed that... hmm now i look at it.. It only os that get nerfed. Hibs and albs are still not nerfed after, i dont know how many patches.

Its not os that make the servers population fall it simply the ones that keep nerfing os that forces os to not play that chr anymore.

Thane has bin nerfed for a really long time and havent seeen more than 5-10 online at primetime and thats not good.. And when we keep getting nerfed we lose alot of the fun of the game and just want to stop and that is what we then do....

If this keep going that we lose more and more ppls because of nerf i wont stay much longer ither, even tho i love this game i know i can stop and save me some valible money.

it's funny how mids always cry themselves to sleep about being nerfed all day long ;/ get's boring and apathic in the long run. Get over it - you've had very op'd classes that deserved a nerf and very few that didn't (i agree that thane and thane 2k5 needs a boost, but that's about it. RvR wise mid has the upper hand imo)

the numbers seem very inaccurate, im no math genius but how can a population be a 0.0% growth when 700 more joined? ;o and on a server with a negative number (-4.3%) the numbers only fell 100 or 150 - they seem oh so very wrong ;/

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
Huntingtons said:
it's funny how mids always cry themselves to sleep about being nerfed all day long ;/ get's boring and apathic in the long run. Get over it - you've had very op'd classes that deserved a nerf and very few that didn't (i agree that thane and thane 2k5 needs a boost, but that's about it. RvR wise mid has the upper hand imo)

And that is suchs a typical uninformed statement. However much you ridicule those numbers are valid. Midgards population is decreasing faster than the alb and hib population. Those numbers tells a clear story about a part of the playerbase that for one reason or the other is more prone to leaving the game.

We can only speculate on -why- these players are more likely to leave the game. I am sure the forums will give thousands of reasons for it. One thing is for certain though, and it is that an arrogant and dimwitted response like yours does nothing to find the problem.

Huntingtons said:
the numbers seem very inaccurate, im no math genius but how can a population be a 0.0% growth when 700 more joined? ;o and on a server with a negative number (-4.3%) the numbers only fell 100 or 150 - they seem oh so very wrong ;/

The numbers are relative to the general server population.

So, if a realm gets less new people than the other realms, it actually have a decline.

Kedoz

Fledgling Freddie
Huntingtons said:

We have OP'ed SOLO classes yes, you dont see loads of Warlocks/BD's running around in steady groupd do you? Except for that one Grey Wolf group out there. If you CHOOSE to engage a warlock then thats ur choise, when i play my warlock solo, due to not haveing speed or stealth its normaly not me who pickes the fights, but the albs\hibs. So if you are so scared of warlocks then stay away from them.

Dumle

Fledgling Freddie
Numbers arent wrong, read the thread and you will see what the numbers represent before you say they are wrong, they represent "servershare" of mid/hib/alb population and it can be at 0.0 growth then even if 10000 more joined if the same percentage joins the other realms ;)

What does mid have the upper hand on? Mid did have the upper hand before yes, but then came TOA/NF with MLs and revamped RAs, that changed the whole shabang.

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
there has been op classes in mids and allmost 100% sure those has been "fixed" when albs/hibs whining start rise up.
dont you believe albs/hibs have at this moment any op classes? there is several those but have you seen any fixes?
compare cat classes what come out, warlock was op in start, still very powerfull class BUT did mids get class we needed? is warlock answer to our problems? valkyrie?
warlock/valkyrie, comparing bainshee/vampiir and albs heretic.
what realm in end get most usefull chars? correct answer isnt mids, thou not albs.

who still remember when mythic announce they go realm 1 by 1 thru and fix problems?
what we see.
alb love/fix patch
alb/hib love/fix patc
mid nerfs, few minor fixes to thane/skald + same time other realms hybrids.

challenge all albs/hibs read thru patches, be honest and say what kind image you have in end.
have seen this mythic patch policy from ~1.3x, and its not tasting sweet.

Wilburn

Fledgling Freddie
well not many mids have 10% damage and 10% spell range and 10% duration. Think most casters of other realms have.

Main CC'er in mid = healer = 10% duration (almost impossible with 10%+ spellrange)
Main CC'er in Alb= sorc = 10% spellrange+10% duration+10% damage=
Main CC'er in hib = uh. dunno actually, Bard + those freaky casterclasses with basestunn+10% duration+10% spellrange.

Actually all realms but midgard benefits on the CC side from ToA. Mids only get the duration, but not the range for their main CC class. Think this i the main reason the mids are leaving.
One of the most fun classes to play, healer, are now lacking alot compared to casters who do CC. Sure mids have instas.. (can only say FO and FU to casters using QC to aoemezz.. no not overpowered at all.. gimps)

just my 2 cents, working now but can go into details about this when getting home. But the damage increase and spell duration ToA brought actually nerfed mids, because their Main CC class is NOT a damagedealer.. and plz check how many +spellrange items exist for chainwearers before whining.. "but but .. Artifacts are the same for all realm"

Aeris

Fledgling Freddie
we have the added bonus of midgard being a scandinavian realm, and a large chuck of our server is scandinavian so therefore mid is classed as a home realm if you will.....

GrivneKelmorian

Fledgling Freddie
Tuppe said:
who still remember when mythic announce they go realm 1 by 1 thru and fix problems?
what we see.
alb love/fix patch
alb/hib love/fix patc
mid nerfs, few minor fixes to thane/skald + same time other realms hybrids.

couldnt agree more.

delete

Can't get enough of FH
Wilburn said:
well not many mids have 10% damage and 10% spell range and 10% duration. Think most casters of other realms have.

Main CC'er in mid = healer = 10% duration (almost impossible with 10%+ spellrange)
Main CC'er in Alb= sorc = 10% spellrange+10% duration+10% damage=
Main CC'er in hib = uh. dunno actually, Bard + those freaky casterclasses with basestunn+10% duration+10% spellrange.

Actually all realms but midgard benefits on the CC side from ToA. Mids only get the duration, but not the range for their main CC class. Think this i the main reason the mids are leaving.
One of the most fun classes to play, healer, are now lacking alot compared to casters who do CC. Sure mids have instas.. (can only say FO and FU to casters using QC to aoemezz.. no not overpowered at all.. gimps)

just my 2 cents, working now but can go into details about this when getting home. But the damage increase and spell duration ToA brought actually nerfed mids, because their Main CC class is NOT a damagedealer.. and plz check how many +spellrange items exist for chainwearers before whining.. "but but .. Artifacts are the same for all realm"

a decent pac healer would probably put 9+ range in their template.. not rly that hard you know, only bracer of zoarkat and jacinas sash gives 9.

atleast i dont think mids are leaving coz of the cc issue :p

lzy

Fledgling Freddie
come on guys, stop whining. mids leavin ? ok good for those who stay. more enemys = more phun = more rpees :)

about healer and his lack of range, BS. i got made my template in small amount of time without any UBER items though. yes maybe i luck a bit of dex ivercap, but having 47% mana pool, 10 cast%, 9% range. so please stoüp whining. learn to read vos and be polite to all u meet, so they help you by most things in toa like picking artefalts etc.

and i know some healers who invested bit more time than me having now 25dexovercap, 10cast%, 10 range, and many other goodies. so one more time stop whining and get on rpees train.

p.s. and warlock is good only becose most classses dont give a shit about matter resists and suffer form warlock alfa strikes. and they got nerfed too

the real overpower which no1 speak about is /ressurect by healers. read VN where 100 hibs killed fg mids at top of tower, than leaved to doors for rest. healers made ressusrect rezzed all, buffed all, and jumped down and killed 100pl on rest, thats was quality whine there :) cu in game

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
lzy said:
about healer and his lack of range, BS. i got made my template in small amount of time without any UBER items though.

https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=59159

Come back when you have gotten that bracer. :)

lzy said:
the real overpower which no1 speak about is /ressurect by healers. read VN where 100 hibs killed fg mids at top of tower, than leaved to doors for rest. healers made ressusrect rezzed all, buffed all, and jumped down and killed 100pl on rest, thats was quality whine there :) cu in game

Uhm there is a difference between overpowered abilities and stupid enemies. Anyone can kill 100 afk people given enough time... :)
I am quite certain that any reasonable intelligent healer would gladly swap their Sputin's Legacy for the Sorc RR5.... :)

lzy

Fledgling Freddie
Azathrim said:
https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=59159

Come back when you have gotten that bracer. :)

i get this one, maybe not today but i get it somehow :) coz i m active playing my char, means i dont wait til some1 make some ml's i lead them. this is the way we must play imho. than we have all things much faster than joining sash raid only 2 times in the week = means 8 sash in month only. and another 20 sahses still are by cyrek.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
if the cc were the factor of people leaving, hib should leave - their cc'er is the worst of all time (1 form of cc, where alb has 2 and mid has 3 on their main cc'er) and the bonuses, they are what you make your template out to be.
BD no viable in a grp? -.- it's what you make of it. Warlocks can be good in grp if used right, bd's are very strong and mid should know that. i agree, none of the cata classes were what ya wanted or needed, no cata class was needed (cata was barely needed, cept for the quests imo).

Looking at the EU statistics, and the showup for the ml raids, mid seems to be doing well, dunno for how long it will continue, but if people quit coz they dont get the love they "deserve", well... :rolleyes: i have no sympathy left for them.

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
lzy said:
i get this one, maybe not today but i get it somehow :) coz i m active playing my char, means i dont wait til some1 make some ml's i lead them. this is the way we must play imho. than we have all things much faster than joining sash raid only 2 times in the week = means 8 sash in month only. and another 20 sahses still are by cyrek.
'
There is a reason Sash/Erinys only runs twice a week. We need the zerg to do it (unless using shady techniques). Noone wants to do those raids every single evening, which seems to be what you are suggesting.

lzy

Fledgling Freddie
on all servers sash is made by 1 balanced fg, means it could be done easy with 2 fg so--so baöanced groups. why not every evening i dont know. or maybe i know, ppl are freaking lazy and unactive in those things. it is easyier to sit on the pants and wait for 1 month for getting jasinas and moaning it is SOO hard.

sry, this isnt my way :) sadly i m pretty new on this server, coz not played for over one year, but others who are since 3 years here, i m very sorry for you, with your player connections u could pick any toa setup in 2 weeks max. if you not, u definatly doing something wrong. i dont speak here about ml8.10 sleeves ot ml10 auberks, yes they are tought to getm, but such things as eoy,sash,zoakarat, ceremon, phoebus .. they are freaking eaxsy with one guild topick up.

sry if i overreacting.

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
lzy said:
on all servers sash is made by 1 balanced fg, means it could be done easy with 2 fg so--so baöanced groups. why not every evening i dont know. or maybe i know, ppl are freaking lazy and unactive in those things. it is easyier to sit on the pants and wait for 1 month for getting jasinas and moaning it is SOO hard.

I look forward to see you do Zo'Arkat with one opted group. I even look forward to see you do it day in and day out for everyone to get it.

And while you are at it, can your group go do Erinys Charm too? We did it on hib recently with 1fg. Took around 20 minutes from start to Samut died, I am sure you can do that too.

lzy said:
sry if i overreacting.

Nah, you are not overreacting, just mildly naive.

You see, it is actually possible for a group to ToA one character up relatively fast - even in mid. You possible then have 8-10 people working on just that one persons needs for a big time. Now imagine you wanted all 8 people fully ToA'd. Now we are possible talking several months here.

Add to this, that there are quite a few encounters that simply requires more people in Midgard, period. This means it's harder gathering the required numbers, chances are less of winning the lotto and so on.

As an example, look at Erinys Charm. Sure, a full group, high rank, highly opted players had a tough and long fight and succeeded after an hour long fight.

Compare that to us doing it on Hib with 4 Animists, a druid and a bard. in 20 minutes.

You see the difference now?

lzy

Fledgling Freddie
i have ib and alb characters too matey, i ve done erinys multiply times. however never done zoakarat in any realm :)

i got 2 ppl in this realm who are my friends, and we done 3 toa suit in 3 weeks for us 3. btw sold some of artefacts too. and stop whining matey, mid is needing bit more classes and ? is it sooo bad ? yes we dont have theurgs for pet spamm, we dont have animists for pet spam. but we have enough heavy tanks for just plain hit the thing we need very pretty hard.

and btw. the problem is not to get toa setup for 8 ppl in group, the problem is to get toa setup for 8 ppl in the group and approx 20 other alts of this group. in this case it can take years to fix it.

thats why u can forget thsi part "I even look forward to see you do it day in and day out for everyone to get it.", i m not making something for all realm only becouse no1 want to move their asses. if u like to wait for things to happen u can wait. i fix my things as quick as i can and go rvr for phun.

one more thing why dont u have something like TOA cg in your realm, i was playing on german server a lotsa, they got all the time toa cg running, there are all ppl who make something in toa by the moment, there u can ask about if some1 makes any encounter, or even organize your own encounter. but to be active is a must too. so get active and u get all stuff in the game pretty quick too :)

edit: just looked at my post again, damed i look pretty arrogant, but who cares, i m nice guy and the ppl i play with know this :)

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
lzy said:
i got 2 ppl in this realm who are my friends, and we done 3 toa suit in 3 weeks for us 3. btw sold some of artefacts too. and stop whining matey, mid is needing bit more classes and ? is it sooo bad ? yes we dont have theurgs for pet spamm, we dont have animists for pet spam. but we have enough heavy tanks for just plain hit the thing we need very pretty hard.

You keep missing the point here dude.

Ofcourse it's possible in Mid - my own account(s) is solid proof of that.
It's just so much harder and time demanding than in the other realms.

That's what the whine is about. It's not about us being unable, which obviously is a lie. It's about having to use more people, more time and a much better focus than in the other realms.

Another example:

Battler on Mid:
1) Focus pull it with ML9 pet.
- First of all, get ML9 on a SM designated to only farm PvE.
- Spend time learning to pull just the correct way.
2) Normal kill
- Get 4-8 people together with the correct classes and hope Battler is not max level.
- Have a 10-15 minute fight with high level of focus from all players.

Battler on Hib:
1) Shroom
- Get 3 animists that can be in RoG gear.
- Shroom up. Pull, Loot

Both realms can do it. Hibs are just so much easier.

balkeriz

One of Freddy's beloved
want to add to what i wrote on page 1 that the Savages are also really nerfed adn really can get some love from the hand up over os or atleast give him Charge so the poor savage ppls can solo a little..

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
lzy said:
about healer and his lack of range, BS. i got made my template in small amount of time without any UBER items though. yes maybe i luck a bit of dex ivercap, but having 47% mana pool, 10 cast%, 9% range. so please stoüp whining. learn to read vos and be polite to all u meet, so they help you by most things in toa like picking artefalts etc.

I know I am repeating balkeriz but that template includes both Jacaina's sash and bracer of Zo'Arkat. I don't know how you get to 10% cast speed but it is not straightforward unless you use something like Cloudsong. There are plenty of drops with 2% casting speed but they are mostly bits of armour which removes valuable SC points. Its also virtually impossible to get Dex fully overcapped without using RoGs. I have no problem using RoGs but once again they are mostly on things you can normally SC. It also makes your template unique which is no problem for people who like fiddling about with templates but for most other classes you can download a fully twinked template in seconds. My healer has been alot harder to kit out than my other chars.

With my main being a warrior, I have tanked most mobs from ML7.7 mob to battler to Healers embrace mob to CB mob to Danos and although its possible to do fully buffed with a healer in a FoP supporting you the fights often last ages and alot of the time it is very close. Would be much easier with a charmed mob. :m00:

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
lzy
one more thing why dont u have something like TOA cg in your realm,
"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

hmm somehow, i like this idea, worth to try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom