Interesting Scout Spec

S

skile

The key for scouts is duing tho. Spec high shield and guard eachother. The guard works good against DW.

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

I say give it a go! :D

It may be utter crap but you never know until you try it. Don't listen to these Negative Nancys...you may even be on to the next FOTM. :-O

...highly unlikely, but still... :)

F

-fwapp-

Originally posted by skile
The key IS slam and critshot+normalshot and finish off in melee.

the problem with critshot/normal shot vs the new 2h sbs is that u have to wait for their post-slam combat round to end before you can shoot a crit at them, as if you draw bow too soon it will say you cant get a crit shot. This can take up to 2 seconds after slam so u could end up waiting a second longer to end up shooting a normal shot

A

Aussie-

skile n00b
read everything

32shield = 16% +mob3 (+9%)
50shield = 25%

is it a lazy eye or a lazy brain you have m8?

I

infernalwrath

Originally posted by mucking_fuppet
After fiddling around with the character builder I came up with this, which I plan to test out:

50 Thrust, for Dragonfang
42 Shield, for Slam
31 Stealth
24 Longbow for Critshot 8

Race: Saracen

In my experience Scouts block a hell of a lot, especially Saracens - and with the dex caps being lowered and the changes to block next patch then high shield could really be effective. You may say, why not just roll an Armsman/Paladin, but, although Scouts only have studded armour, with evade 3 and high dex they'll be pretty hard to hit when they don't block - and with 31 stealth, which can be raised with items/RAs, a Scout with this spec can pick his fights. I'd imagine it'd also be a nasty suprise for many assassins, I've seen a Scout solo two heroes in melee before and with the new changes most SBs or NS (unbuffed) would go down pretty quickly. Longbow can be raised with items etc. giving ranged options, but the main point of this class will be a light tank who can block better than most full tanks due to high dex, and also has evade 3 - ideal for groups in PvE.

I'd like to know if anyone has tried this spec, or one close to it, or has any other points to make about pro's or con's compared to regular Scout specs.

BTW, I know Scouts auto-train Longbow, but I'm not sure how many spare points you'd get so I left this out - I'm sure Longbow could be raised to around 30 with autotrain though...?

Please, constructive criticism only - I know it's hard, but try not to flame :p
....... stealth-armsman with lb instead of xbow xDDDDD
i got a better 50 slash and highlander ... stlonger one cause since u have 42 shield for slam having 50 thrust for df is stupid imo
u cant stun him to death ;p
btw a archer class specced in doing heavy damage in melee is ... uhmmm .... nm make a infil better :rolleyes:

M

mucking_fuppet

Re: Re: Interesting Scout Spec

Originally posted by infernalwrath
....... stealth-armsman with lb instead of xbow xDDDDD
i got a better 50 slash and highlander ... stlonger one cause since u have 42 shield for slam having 50 thrust for df is stupid imo
u cant stun him to death ;p
btw a archer class specced in doing heavy damage in melee is ... uhmmm .... nm make a infil better :rolleyes:

I could probably get 50 Longbow with items, or close enough, so a bit better than an armsman or infil from a ranged point of view - the idea behind this spec is I can either snipe or be a light tank, stealthed or grouped - it's very versatile, and not gimped damagewise...

F

-fwapp-

hmmm how about this,

27 bow (for last crit shot)
50 shield(for brut)
39 slash(for backslash if ur ever assisting in zergs and dont wanna shoot for whatever reason)
31 stealth

then u could spam brut with spamythist slash as a back up, followed by a critshot at best speed.

Youve got to bear in mind here however that by speccing in this way ur missing out entirely on rapid fire and penetrating arrow - the 2 main reasons that scouts have been considered un-nerfed alongside camo ofc

O

old.Odysseus

Take a gimp char.
Spice it up with a gimp spec.
What do you gain?

Frustration.....

Roll a savage.

F

-Freezingwiz-

Roll a merc if u wanna have 50 thrust, evade, 42 shield.....

S

skile

Originally posted by loxleyhood
Mastery of Archery is obsolete with rapid fire. The points are better spent elsewhere.

Wrong. Rapid fire halves the time for a draw. You won't go under 3s with normal shot when fully buffed. Maybe u will get down to 3.5 without RA's. These 0.5 seconds can be lowered with RA's. Hence, mastery of archery IS worth it. As well as aug quick.

L

loxleyhood

Originally posted by skile
Wrong. Rapid fire halves the time for a draw. You won't go under 3s with normal shot when fully buffed. Maybe u will get down to 3.5 without RA's. These 0.5 seconds can be lowered with RA's. Hence, mastery of archery IS worth it. As well as aug quick.

If you actually believe its worth going that fast then fine, but the points can be much better spent.

A

Aussie-

uhm what skille said, it doesnt lower dmg .and lowers drawtime with 9%

even nr1 scout has moa 3

S

skile

MoA3 might be over the top. But MoA2 is something I recommend.

S

skile

Originally posted by Aussie-
skile n00b
read everything

32shield = 16% +mob3 (+9%)
50shield = 25%

is it a lazy eye or a lazy brain you have m8?

Well I thaught u meant 50+Ra's.

S

skile

Originally posted by loxleyhood
There are far more useful passives.

Depends, in groups it's the most necessary one. Solo, some Melee-ra's might be worth the trouble.

As bishibob mentioned. Critblades will make the slam+critshot troublesome. If you run back a few meters the extra drawtime will help u to still pull of crit and normalshot.

But imho, 50 bow is more worth it than 50 thrust. You need the damage to survive in duels anyway. I don't believe in the melee scout. So get bow-damage RA's before melee-ra's ^^.

A

Aussie-

uhm after slam it's nice to get a crit and some others in, moa really helps alot there.
watching the aloca-lox duel movie, i'm sure you have no clue what i'm talking about :great:

2 rapidshots in 9sec for the lol ;|

L

loxleyhood

Originally posted by Aussie-
uhm after slam it's nice to get a crit and some others in, moa really helps alot there.
watching the aloca-lox duel movie, i'm sure you have no clue what i'm talking about :great:

2 rapidshots in 9sec for the lol ;|

My critshot was interupted so rather than waste more time I rapid fired.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom