Interesting comments from Sanya @ Mythic

D

Draylor

OK, found this on catacombs - rather interesting

Posted @ Catacombs by Sanya
Look y'all, I can't spell it out. The only people who could are at GOA. ALL I can do, legally and ethically, is tell you that the server security has never been compromised, that there is an explanation for this that doesn't involve anybody breaking into databases or servers (and therefore it is NOT hacking, no matter how many people misuse the word hack), and that the current situation can't possibly affect the US servers.

Basically, I can't say anything else until I retire to the Bahamas and write my tell all book. When that comes out, you'll see that I didn't spin a single thing and that I told nothing less than the truth.
So - who wants to start the guessing games about what this means :)

Either way this adds more fuel for those like me that think GOA are a useless waste of space ;)

P

panzer_ulv

My guess:

If what she says is true, someone has used sanctioned tools, not some hack. Probably a 'hacker' who somehow has been able to get a hand on some tools for events.
That would mean that the security has not been compromised.

But then again, she could be telling us pure bs as well. Guess we'll never know.

T

tris-

she is comical sanya

"there is NO hackers on this servers!"

T

the_smurflord

"There are no hackers within a thousand miles of these servers, never! They come kill themselves on our firewalls, and may god roast their hard drives."

D

Draylor

Originally posted by panzer_ulv
If what she says is true, someone has used sanctioned tools, not some hack.
Yup, and its sounding more and more like a bitter ex-GOA employee who wanted to go out in style

T

tris-

Originally posted by Draylor
Yup, and its sounding more and more like a bitter ex-GOA employee who wanted to go out in style

where has kemor been lately

O

old.Emma

mmm anyone seen kemor recently ;p

A

Artherk

Was always under the impression that Sanya was a man...

S

svartmetall

Originally posted by the_smurflord
"There are no hackers within a thousand miles of these servers, never! They come kill themselves on our firewalls, and may god roast their hard drives."
LOL

D

darbey

Kemor is in the bahamas apparantly , hes an industrial spook for Blizzard (apparantly)

M

Motowntheta

Originally posted by the_smurflord

I wondered where he'd got to ;)

C

cHodAX

Originally posted by old.Emma
mmm anyone seen kemor recently ;p

Kemor, where for art thou Kemor!

/em looks under the bed

V

Vell

What about Brannor, Teh GOA spy!!!1111eleven ?

My little tootsies are sure he's in on this somehow :p

B

Bleri McThrust

OK, found this on catacombs - rather interesting

So - who wants to start the guessing games about what this means :)

Either way this adds more fuel for those like me that think GOA are a useless waste of space ;)

See Signature ...... Down below

Damn how do i make it BIG !!

V

Vell

In case anyone needs it spelling out to them, it was someone inside GOA who did this. Hence the 'no hacker' comments - the person who did it had full access anyway, so didn't need to hack anything.

D

Dimse

"Since the 18th of August, Dark Age of Camelot Europe has been the victim of computer crime, like many other well known online services."

This is what GOA themselves wrote. Unles they mean that One GOA Employee took a Computer and Killed another GOA employee with it, there is only one way to understand that. They were Hacked!
It happens to the best no shame in that.

V

Vell

quote from Sanya

Bleri - those screenshots aren't pictures of a hack in progress. Reread the second paragraph of my answer - those are dev tools in action. Here on our servers, we've limited the number of people with access to those tools and ensured that you must be here inside our building to use them.

The 'hacks' were dev tools in action. Who else has access to them other than GOA/Mythic staff?

T

TodinStark

I bet 10g on:
Someone got really drunk at GOA office.

O

old.m0000

someone ate too many of those butter-rum snails

P

parisienscot

Does anyone else think that sounds a bit like what Bill Clinton said??

I mean technically he didn't have sex with that woman ;)

O

old.Kian

Originally posted by Dimse
"Since the 18th of August, Dark Age of Camelot Europe has been the victim of computer crime, like many other well known online services."

This is what GOA themselves wrote. Unles they mean that One GOA Employee took a Computer and Killed another GOA employee with it, there is only one way to understand that. They were Hacked!
It happens to the best no shame in that.

Well, 'computer crime' includes unsanctioned use of systems you already have legitimate access to.

Hollywood movies and self-styled hacker d00dz mythologising themselves aside... most incidents involving abuse of corporate systems come down to a disgruntled or dishonest employee. The rest tend to be the result of inadequate password security- the ultimate l33t h4xx0r skill consists of going through rubbish bins looking for post-it notes.

Given that we've seen abuse of in-game tools AND GOA think the password database is compromised - best guess is a customer service representrative or GM gone bad. Not that we're likely to find out - very few companies want any more publicity about incidents like this than there has to be.

T

Tilda

ok, i can see why they can say no hackers for the thing on prydwen.
But the events on lyonesse they were crazy.

A player turns into a gryphon and takes the relics, he then does a long speech about how easy to hack the servers are and how poor the protection is and then hands the relics to the albs.

Then GOA admit on the german section of their website that they banned 3 players, so was this 3 players who were also GM's/admins and were abusing their positions, or was it realy a hacker which would make Sanya wrong.

Tilda

F

Falcon

I hate what Sanya's doing... "Well I didn't _technically_ say that", don't give a flying toss what she technically said, fact is she's tried twisting things to bullshit us to try and make their company look good when it's really not good at all.

The only way they could redeem themselves imo is if they were to admit the truth and let us know they've implemented measures to prevent anything of the sort in future. Why oh why do so many PR idiots think bullshit is the way forward :p

D

dukat_lionheart

Originally posted by Vell
In case anyone needs it spelling out to them, it was someone inside GOA who did this. Hence the 'no hacker' comments - the person who did it had full access anyway, so didn't need to hack anything.

its the fabled GOA monkey! hes lost his bananas and is wreaking horrible revenge on the GOA HQ!

O

old.TeaSpoon

Originally posted by old.cHodAX
Kemor, where for art thou Kemor!

/em looks under the bed

Kicks Chods.

For the last time, that doesn't mean "where are you" !!!! :p

O

old.CrazyMuppet

Originally posted by Buffnot
Posted @ Catacombs by Sanya
Look y'all, I can't spell it out. The only people who could are at GOA. ALL I can do, legally and ethically, is tell you that the server security has never been compromised, that there is an explanation for this that doesn't involve anybody breaking into databases or servers (and therefore it is NOT hacking, no matter how many people misuse the word hack), and that the current situation can't possibly affect the US servers.

Basically, I can't say anything else until I retire to the Bahamas and write my tell all book. When that comes out, you'll see that I didn't spin a single thing and that I told nothing less than the truth.

Don't trust anyone that starts with 'Look y'all' ;)

U

uglymug

Originally posted by old.CrazyMuppet
Don't trust anyone that starts with 'Look y'all' ;)
hehe sounds a bit Texan to me ... no need to remind people of some other Texan that uses alot of bull and spin to cover up facts or twist them to fit his liking :rolleyes:

T

the_smurflord

Reading between the lines....

Someone at GOA let the GM tools out to a few of his dodgy mates who then did the damage.
Mythic are really pissed at GOA for letting this happen.
Due to possible legal proceedings Mythic can't really comment publicly.

At least that's my interpretation of what's going on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom