Interesting Bluepost regarding new group finders

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
The 6.0 group finder sounds amazing tbh - 5.4.2 raid browser sounds cool also.

"There are two completely separate developments going on here. One is the cross-realm functionality being added to our existing Raid Browser in patch 5.4.2. This is totally unrelated to the new Group Finder we announced at Blizzcon. Basically, we discovered that we could pretty easily add cross-realm browsing to the Raid Browser for 5.4 content, so we've done that in 5.4.2.

6.0's Group Finder is an entirely different thing being built from scratch. It'll allow you to find or create groups for basically any content you can think of, be it raids, dungeons, PvP, questing... heck, you could start a group for running laps in Dalaran if you wanted. It also won't be hidden away someplace that the majority of the playerbase won't notice -- it's gonna be a lot more front-and-center.

A lot of players are drawing parallels between our new Group Finder and the oQueue addon, and that's a perfectly valid comparison. We've been thrilled to see how people have taken to oQueue for finding organized groups, especially in 5.4, and feel that's the sort of thing that the game really should be providing to all players. We're not trying to "kill oQueue"; in fact, a lot of us use it ourselves. We just think that cross-realm group finding should really be part of the core game."

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I wont use it unless there is some sort of scoring system based on dickeshness. I refuse to pug because most WoW players are either mongs or angry teenagers.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I wont use it unless there is some sort of scoring system based on dickeshness. I refuse to pug because most WoW players are either mongs or angry teenagers.

Impossible for them to filter really unless they added some sort of "Flag player as being rude" option in which case it could be abused to flag nice people as utter dicks by utter dicks.

Cirventhor

Can't get enough of FH
So many grouping tools now!

- Raid Finder
- Dungeon Finder
- Group Finder
- Raid Browser

I really dislike the first two, due to the random anonymous un-social nature of them. Hopefully the group/raid browser will be able to replace them. Would be cool to run heroics with people from my own realm, and actually getting to know people outside of my guild again.

Cirventhor

Can't get enough of FH
I've actually tried a couple of times. Not much interest when people can just queue from wherever with no hassle. At least there's Heroic scenarios though.

rynnor

Rockhound
Shame most of the playerbase are rude assholes - I have seen a Tank kicked on LFR because he talked about tactics before a boss fight - that's how awful it has become lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom