Interesting: Animist movie (FG RvR)

DavidH

Part of the furniture
Well look at that. Maybe even your female firby is able to perform half-decent in the bigboys game then puppet!

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Imho Animist is a wonderful class to play in fg RvR, which is why I try to play mine as often as I can. The good thing is that you can use a lot of different tactics while playing. Most people think (and play like) it's only a bomber bomber bomber thing, but it's so much more and it's uber fun if you ask me =))

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
mm nice movie, kinda annoying that he rarely gets enemy train - attention on himself while he is duoing shitloads of enemy annoyance like shrooms - stlong nukes etc etc + runs out of heal range almost every fight behind the enemy grp o_O

refreshing pov after all other movies i have seen though.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Shame it's on a Classic server, also don't know what those tanks were doing esp. that Troll with the yellow/red cloak, barely any interrupts :x
Also using DD shrooms ain't really the smartest thing to do in open combat.

Jobbegea

Loyal Freddie
i'd rather use a few tanglers to root things arround. and interupt.

the time you have 15 lvl50shrooms up to do some damage and kinda wasted 1 mana bar. the same time you could bomb a support class/casters to pieces with.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
bah u guys talking about strategy while the entire joke was ofcourse him making 15 clones of himselves with FnF shrooms. And all of the dumb trolls fell for it !

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Let me tell you that DD shrooms are smart to place sometimes =) Thing is, if you have glowy white things flying away from you, people know what you're up to, even in RR5 form. Now if you just plant more of "yourself" you create distraction from who the real caster is and if you get interrupted, you still have 10 shrooms to deal damage.

It's not always good to do, but I've done it with success aswell and it doesn't take a whole mana bar to place those shrooms. If you have the right gear it's a lot cheaper.

He just doesn't use lifetap enough imho.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Those 10-15 FNF shrooms do easy 750-1000 damage every 3-4 seconds. Its not bad damage, interrupts better then the tangler (which doesnt chain-cast the same way as a FnF DD shroom) and scares the shit out of enemies. Nobody sane is gonna run in a pack of FnF DD shrooms :)

Anyhow, was funny looking at a non-fotm PoV :)

atos

Fledgling Freddie
Been rly tempted to roll rvr animist for a long time now.. gonna watch this when I get home from work. From what I know about animist I say its still incredibly op. I don't see why they don't balance things by giving mid some sort of petspam. I know mid proly don't need it but it would be fair...

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
really like the video. Rarely seen a Ani usefull in fg, but imo here he did good. Ofc the enemies was crap at spotting him, but its the same on EU. Not more than a few days ago i saw 2 fgs fighting, with the Ani just standing in shroom mode in the middle of the mid group, killing their casters unnoticed.

atos

Fledgling Freddie
I always notice the shroomguy. Try to kill him asap. Few people do though.. needless to say I always get trained when they realise he isnt invisible to me. :p

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Puppet said:
Those 10-15 FNF shrooms do easy 750-1000 damage every 3-4 seconds. Its not bad damage, interrupts better then the tangler (which doesnt chain-cast the same way as a FnF DD shroom) and scares the shit out of enemies. Nobody sane is gonna run in a pack of FnF DD shrooms :)

Anyhow, was funny looking at a non-fotm PoV :)

It's also nice if you are a Bard or Druid and just watch your entire CC being ruined by a few DD shrooms..
1000 damage every 4 secs is also nothing as with Bomber + LT you hit for pre nerfed Warlock damage if you time it so you got about 3 bombers on the way when you start to cast your first LT.
Tangler interrupt is godly, you can stop entire zergs with it esp. in conjunction with water (abuse?).

Also shrooms only have 1k range and I dont know of any caster that doesn't have a damage spell above that range, not to mention CC.
I've found DD shrooms really helpful when I solo, stack up underwater then let some stealther PA you on the land and he insta dies, but in group fights they are more of a curse than a blessing and with the kite groups running around now you just give them free root and mez immunity for a mere 100-125 damage nuke because even if you got 15 shrooms up you still can't target their nukes and they will hit things that are closest to them which 9 out of the 10 times are tanks, 2-3 tanks dividing those 1000 damage makes it a mere 500 damage every 4 seconds and cost the animist about 10-15 seconds to setup in which case he could have done over 10 times that damage if he used bombers+LT.
Although the rr5 is ofc a great way to hide yourself and had have lots of fun with it.

Did like the part where his Bombers get spazzed up in pathing then all 3 hit at the same time, happends quite alot even if you are nowhere near a bridge/tower or anything.

Ronso

Can't get enough of FH
There is no doubt that ani's are insane in fg v fg . Its probably the one class that hib havent exploited to their full potential . Maybe in time people will cop it and start playing them but because they can shroom up all over the place it seems like its a bit griefer but in fairness I feel they are on the same line as theurgs with regards to pet spam and bonedancers for shear annoyance :eek:

I think the eleetist grps would reckon it to be a no skill win if there were anis in grps is all .

swords

Can't get enough of FH
Not realy the same as theurgs, you can simply move away from the shroom fields wheras theug pets will chase you.

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
Even without rr5, celt or firbie animist in dogmode is bound to get less aggro than elf/luri casters, at least initially. Are nice for a few things but you better stay out of other casters aggro or make sure u get the drop cos there's not much defense vs em as an animist.

Some of the pathing with bombers at bridges towers etc is fucking hilarous, like 6-7 aoe bombers in the air b4 first one hits a grp, chasing peeps down stairs and stuff.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Andrilyn said:
It's also nice if you are a Bard or Druid and just watch your entire CC being ruined by a few DD shrooms..

FnF shrooms dont break mezz. Tangler, not sure if it breaks mezz, but I do know for sure the interrupts are nowhere near the same as with FnF, as they got the 'intelligence' not to root spam :<

1000 damage every 4 secs is also nothing as with Bomber + LT you hit for pre nerfed Warlock damage if you time it so you got about 3 bombers on the way when you start to cast your first LT.
Tangler interrupt is godly, you can stop entire zergs with it esp. in conjunction with water (abuse?).

Tanglers dont AE root, so to stop entire zergs with it, is abit over the top I would guess :p 1000 damage uninterrupted which keeps on going isnt bad at all.

Also shrooms only have 1k range and I dont know of any caster that doesn't have a damage spell above that range, not to mention CC.

Bainshees might not have real CC above 1K units, but besides the point, the range of shrooms is a tad higher. If you place the GT '900 units infront of you' from that point on, it can reach up to 1K. Placing em in the middle of the fight, you can reach potentially around 2K units.

I've found DD shrooms really helpful when I solo, stack up underwater then let some stealther PA you on the land and he insta dies, but in group fights they are more of a curse than a blessing and with the kite groups running around now you just give them free root and mez immunity for a mere 100-125 damage nuke because even if you got 15 shrooms up you still can't target their nukes and they will hit things that are closest to them which 9 out of the 10 times are tanks, 2-3 tanks dividing those 1000 damage makes it a mere 500 damage every 4 seconds and cost the animist about 10-15 seconds to setup in which case he could have done over 10 times that damage if he used bombers+LT.

The animist in this movie (which we are talking about atm?) is running on classic, and is facing tank-heavy groups. No kiting whuzzy shit ;) Also, FnF shrooms dont break mezz, and that 1000 damage keeps coming every 4 seconds for the full duration of the shrooms. For a tank-heavy enemy group, its pure hell: You can't fight out of their range (as the casters in this Hib group will nuke you down) and you cant avoid taking the damage if you're near 'em.

Besides, you have to admit, FnF DD-shrooms are more comedy then that pussy tangler'ing. It might be okay for kiting groups and whatever, but its more fun to see them run themselves to dead towards u :D

Nate

FH is my second home
btw, if animists even get moc...does it actually effect the dmg of the bomber pets they have?

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Nate said:
btw, if animists even get moc...does it actually effect the dmg of the bomber pets they have?

It does -.-
It didn't but moaning made Mythic change that

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Lethul said:
most ppl on lamorak are, if not all ;)

All noobs imo ^^

Nate said:

But MoC2 lets you cast 1min+dur% FnF shrooms without being interrupted, I will try it when I get a little higher RR =)

atos

Fledgling Freddie
Those mids played like shit. All I have to say. Laughed my ass off when I saw the grp with 2 thanes.

dwystah

Fledgling Freddie
dont like the movie much, hes free like 90% of the time which says alot about the opponents, also why do u use a whole power bar to make some dd shrooms when u can kill quite a few in that time when hes totally free.

Zenith

Part of the furniture
Animists rock. Was so funny when JH used to bring one, and were killing zergs with it in Forest Sauvage :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom