Motoring Insurance stuffs

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
looking at a new car, and wondering what the scale of the insurance groups is for a normal person, what sort of thing is usually what and how far up or down it you want to stop before you get shafted for stuff :D

keep seeing things like "13E" and that means fuck all to me, google wasnt very helpful either :(

<and for those of you keeping track of my exciting insurance woes, its 3 months yesterday my last car was written off and theyre -still- fucking around, love it.. >

dlyan

Can't get enough of FH
the number is the actual insurance group of the car so the higher it is the harder they will bum you for cash.the letter is the security rating

E = Exceeds the security requirements for a car of this type and so is in a lower group. A group 8 car with this security level would be rated 7E.
A = Acceptablesecurity for the car's group.
P = Provisional rating, because there was incomplete data when the model of car was launched.
D = Does not meet the security requirements for a car of this type, and the group has been increased. A group 8 car with this rating would be listed as 9D.
U = Unacceptable Cars with this rating have security significantly below the standard. You might have to install some new security features before you can get cover.

hth

ford prefect

Can't get enough of FH
<and for those of you keeping track of my exciting insurance woes, its 3 months yesterday my last car was written off and theyre -still- fucking around, love it.. >

In 2007 I had a BMW K1200S motorbike written off by a truck (it backed up over the bloody thing), the bike was less than a year old too and was just under £11k new. I finally got the pay out august last year.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
In 2007 I had a BMW K1200S motorbike written off by a truck (it backed up over the bloody thing), the bike was less than a year old too and was just under £11k new. I finally got the pay out august last year.

That's scandalous.

No, really. Scandalous. :eek:

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Ring them every single day. Tell them they're fucking your work up by not sorting it, etc, etc.

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
sadly its not really their fault

the other party are now claiming their car was stolen... but the owner gave a statement to west yorkshire traffic cops saying it wasnt -and you would know this cos i gave you the incident number when it happened... oh ok, will look into that

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Someone decided to try and drive through my car while it was parked against the curb and then carry on through our wall and into the neighbours driveway.

My insurance sorted it all out after about a month. I was quite chuffed as I got a fairly good payout as well...

I was with Bell Insurance at the time

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom