Insomnia

venus

Fledgling Freddie
As many people have already said you really need to get to the root of the problem. It is all very well trying these herbal remedies and medications but these will only hide the problem and not solve it. Sleep depravation is most commonly stress related. As much as it is difficult and it may hurt, you need to talk to someone about these problems that might be able to help you to work through them. I am not saying that these problems will go away but it you may be able to settle your mind. I am also not suggesting that you’re loosing it and need to see a shrink because I feel that everyone goes through this at some point in their lives. It just needs to be someone who is willing to listen and is preferably not involved in the situation. Maybe you’re G.P? (Remember they are not just there to write prescriptions and push medication on people. They are also there to listen and won’t mind you just letting of some steam). I would recommend medication as a LAST resort as your body can become reliant on them and some types of sedatives can be very addictive.

Hope this helps

Tilda

Over my long lazy student summer holiday, i've had a few experiences.
Exercise is really really REALLY good, there were some days where i'd sit at home doing fa, and wouldnt be able to sleep. But then if i went out to the gym or for a walk/cycle then i'd sleep like a log.
Milk is good, i dunno why but it settles me down and makes me feel sleepy.
I dont know what your bedrooms like (!!) but i find i have trouble sleeping if my rooms not pitch black, it might be worth buying some cheap blackout curtains so that yours is darker if its not.
Again, i dont know, but what time do you eat in the evening? I find if i eat to late, i cant get to sleep for a bit?! :p
Same thing with diet, is it ballanced?

When i was little I had problem sleeping, and I had this tape that i listened to before bed to help me relax. Basicly, lie in a dark, quiet place, with a pillow under your head and then you work over your body (not physicly!) starting from your toes. You had to tense and relax a body "part" so you'd clench and relax your arms, and try to tense and relax every muscle there. Then you wern't allowed to move that part at all.
Basicly, you tense your feel, legs, then your stomach, bum. then arms, and pecs and then neck, then your face (screw it up like your pulling a nasty face). Thne you relax and imagine yuor whole body feeling like lead, unable to move and do anything but sleep.
I found this helped to put things out of my mind, and helped me to relax very quickly.
I still use it if i find that im having trouble sleeping.

Failing that, it may be worth having a chat to your doctor about it, remember its your choice if you go on meds, they cant and won't force you, just talk to him/her about what your options are.

I hope you have a good nights sleep soon :D

Tilda

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom