<Insert random very rude word>

O

old.tRoG

Dvdboxoffice won't deliver to me, without making me pay a squijilllion quid for it.

No game it worth £60+ to me, so, no FFXI for me.

N

-Nxs-

So take there free shipping offer - stuff the courier

I think it was $97 canadian dollars thats only £43 - cheap skate :)

M

~Mobius~

Nooo tRoG. :( :( :(

Just an idea but check your local import shop. Last time I ordered SWG from dvdboxoffice and they wanted tons of money too. When I was out in the high street I saw it in a shop for a cheaper price, and they had quite a few copies.

O

old.tRoG

Local import shop?

I live on a wee island in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean with a population of 1,500 :p

M

~Mobius~

Oh. :(
Got a relative who can send it on or something? :(

O

old.tRoG

Heeeeeeey!

I didn't think of that :)

Will phone the american relatives later today. :D

N

-Nxs-

<Tristian is struck back by the briliant auro of inteligence that sourounds Morbius>

S

SilverHood

remember the 17 quid UK import duty from gamestop chaps.... payable on the door :p

F

Faeldawn

Originally posted by SilverHood
remember the 17 quid UK import duty from gamestop chaps.... payable on the door :p

Yeah, talk about hidden co$t$ :)

L

Lamia Acerbus

Yes, they got me with that too...and I had my little brother at home waiting for the drop off for EQ's PoP and left him a £20 note for food and such as it is all I had when he turned up.

So the driver said there is a charge that needs to be payed and he did not have any change and took the whole £20!!

That sort of thing should be in the terms and conditions on on their website somewhere!!

He did however leave his mobile number for me to phone him on when I got home from work so he could find out my address (even though he actually delivered the package to my house) to send me the change. All £3 of it!! :p

*still has bad memeories of that company*

N

-Nxs-

You cant blame the resellers.

Its not fair for them to gather the information for EVERY country and post it on the site, the problem here is the uk laws on customs and VAT.

Ive ordered loads from the USA, have a nice collection of ... urm... well things :) ill do a picture one day. All of them shipped from the USA ive had to pay VAT on and a customs charge.

Just remember ANYTHING you order and have shipped to the UK needs to have VAT charged, if your item is stopped at customs and checked you need to pay the differance. As soon as I ordered FFXI i braught my checkbook into work and stuck it in my desk, despite where you order from this may happen.

L

Lamia Acerbus

I know...but I have a nice collection from the US too and sometimes I get charged import tax and some times I dont if I have a lucky day.

I have found however that gamestop is always an extra £17 no matter how much the item is and this should still be made clear on their website that the courier they use will always charge this. As this misleads their shipping costs, as you are basically paying the shipping costs not them.

As if I recall VAT is 17.5% added not charged £17(minus the .5) and the same goes for import tax it is percentage based not a fixed rate.

N

-Nxs-

Whenever i had items shipped using the standard american postal service - they ALWAYS got passed to Royal Mail in the UK. and i ALWAYS got charged V.A.T. and a customs charge.

Some items were shipped with couriers, and most of those managed to slip through :)

I ended up paying over £100 for one item - but hey it was worth it :) only 300 ever made. and I have one.... with its box :)

L

Lamia Acerbus

oooh...collectors items, got to love them!! :)

N

-Nxs-

Originally posted by Lamia Acerbus
oooh...collectors items, got to love them!! :)

One of my collection is an 8" high porcelin figure of Cloud from FF7 (ignore my spelling)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom