Innocent as Charged

Laddey

FH is my second home
Hey, again.

So long story, i'll try to cut it short.

If somebody is in crown court, 2 people infact.

Mr A has been charged with 3 charges, guilty of 2.
Mr B has been charged with 1 charge, guilty of 2.

Mr A has been charged with Mr B's offence. Mr B threw a glass at a bloke, Mr A got charged with it.

If in court (trial) they find Mr A not guilty, Mr B will not be charged for this. Mr B will stand up in court and say HE threw the glass.

The solicitor told me that they won't charge Mr B even though he admits to it, is this correct?

So if they find Mr A not guilty, wheres the justice in this if they can't charge Mr B with it although he has full and frank admition?

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
So how many years do you have to serve as the prisons buttboy now? :p

Laddey

FH is my second home
Haha, me getting into trouble? Never! I may be cheeky but i'd never step out of line on civi street. I did back in 2006, never again!!

soze

I am a FH squatter
That sounds like Double Jeopardy ?? which i think is only in the US where if you are found not guilty you can then not be charged again. So yeah Bloke A found not guilty then admits it to get bloke B off he does not get charged again. But i think that's America not here.

Laddey

FH is my second home
God knows, legal system in the UK atm is a farce anyway.
Same for trying to rehablitate cons into the society. What a fucking joke, i've experienced this shit second hand!

But you understand, if Mr A gets found not guilty. Where the hell is the justice? I know Mr A did not do it, he deserves to be found not guilty because he WILL spend the rest of his life in jail fo something he HAS NOT done.

But if he's not guilty, how is the bloke who got glassed going to feel? Nobody does any time for this.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Same for trying to rehablitate cons into the society. What a fucking joke, i've experienced this shit second hand!

But you understand, if Mr A gets found not guilty. Where the hell is the justice? I know Mr A did not do it, he deserves to be found not guilty because he WILL spend the rest of his life in jail fo something he HAS NOT done.

But if he's not guilty, how is the bloke who got glassed going to feel? Nobody does any time for this.

No idea about the Mr B thing, surely if hes said "i've fucking done it" they can't just ignore it? i'd get a second opinion from another brief because that sounds abit flakey to me.

I think the main problem is if MR B howls for it to much it'll cause alot of yay/nay and they'll go "well we just cant make our minds up if you're guilty or not because we're stupid crusty old fuckers! we must have a jury ho ho ho"

Wouldnt worry to much if MR A gets found guilty he'd either A. get suspendd sentence/community service + have to pay some form of compensation to the victim B. get a very light sentence (they can't afford to put just anyone away for xx years due to the state of jails atm... they just dont have space)

Laddey

FH is my second home
No idea about the Mr B thing, surely if hes said "i've fucking done it" they can't just ignore it? i'd get a second opinion from another brief because that sounds abit flakey to me.

I think the main problem is if MR B howls for it to much it'll cause alot of yay/nay and they'll go "well we just cant make our minds up if you're guilty or not because we're stupid crusty old fuckers! we must have a jury ho ho ho"

Wouldnt worry to much if MR A gets found guilty he'd either A. get suspendd sentence/community service + have to pay some form of compensation to the victim B. get a very light sentence (they can't afford to put just anyone away for xx years due to the state of jails atm... they just dont have space)

Along with the other charges, Mr A is fucked if he gets guilty on the section 18.

Solicitor said he's liable for an I.P.P - Do the sentance before parole, spend like 10+ years in jail then can apply for parole.

He's fucked it if h gets charged, it's a joke.

crispy

Can't get enough of FH
The US system is even more weird... If you accidently kill someone and get charged with murder of first degree (intentionally) and found not guilty, they can't charge you with murder of second degree (or something like that).

Ezteq

Queen of OT
hang 'em i say!!

throwing glasses about, blooming disgraceful and deserving of the death penalty...so does spitting in public and swearing...

fucking disgusting
*spits*

*piiiing*

Lollie

Loyal Freddie
That sounds like Double Jeopardy ?? which i think is only in the US where if you are found not guilty you can then not be charged again. So yeah Bloke A found not guilty then admits it to get bloke B off he does not get charged again. But i think that's America not here.

think it got knocked on the head over here, either way they'd probably get charged for purgury/wasting police time etc or find other charges just to fuck him over

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Also people that carry out these acts are usually kind of slow/dumb and stupid, therefore it would not be beyond the realms of possibilities that Mr A did actually throw the glass, but because of all of the other probable shit he's did before this incident (whcih means a longer jail term), Mr B is trying to take the flak away from his mate.

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Well that totally depends on the crime, and the person who did it. Alot of them are too far gone to be rehabilitated, and thats also a fault with the system. A friend of mine did 7 years for robbery and assault that he did when he was 19, his parents where addicted to booze and drugs. He used his 7 years to study and got help to deal with his problems, now he works as a computer engineer, has a pregnant wife and 2 kids.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Exactly Fafnir, the problem is that the government/justice system can't force criminals to actually take part in these opportunities, most of them just want to sit in the gym all day so they can look tough when they get out, and pull the slags on town.

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Exactly Fafnir, the problem is that the government/justice system can't force criminals to actually take part in these opportunities, most of them just want to sit in the gym all day so they can look tough when they get out, and pull the slags on town.

Perhaps its time for a lifetime sentence for every crime. But if you make an effort to change your way, and can prove you are a new man/woman you should be released. And if you stir up trouble while inside, lifetime in solitary confinement.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
surely then he may be perverting the course of justice and go to court him self for that charge.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom