Inline skates

Keitan

Banned
Anyone got a pair of these??

might be getting some soon and was wondering if they are nice for skating and doing tricks... also how long do they take to master ? :D

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
you wanna do tricks? i reckon you can get rather cheap roses (been a while since i skated, ought to start up again but i was OLDSCHOOL with side-by-side :p).

echome

Fledgling Freddie
What kind of tricks are you talking about?

If you want to do stuff like sliding and stuff you need "stunt skates".
I used to have a pair of Roses Fifht Element. - Really really nice boot.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
i have a peir, dont ask me about any tricks tho i mearly use them to get from A to B with :)

easier to get around with then a bike and faster then walking :)

leviathane

Part of the furniture
inline skates or rollerblades or they the same thing i duno lolz xD

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
How about something like the Roces M12-UFS... It's a nice skate, small wheels for stunting.
It ain't easy though, and get good protection when you start out. Wrists vs. Asphalt... wrists usually lose bigtime...

Roces. Spirit&soul of skating

Thadius

Part of the furniture
Agreed, inlining skating is so 10 years ago. Its not fashionable and you dont see many about nowadays.

I recommend skateboarding or bmxing, those babies will never go out of fashion!

Levin

Can't get enough of FH
About hard to master: they are very easy to master if you know how to skate on ice. It's exactly the same principle except you can't slide stop like on ice. If you never skated before at all, I imagine it's the same difficulty as ice skates. My personal view is that it's much easier to learn than the side by side rollerskates. I never could figure those out.

I think inlines are great for doing tricks. Mind you this is 13 years ago, but I bought my first pair of inlines in the US, and the store had a group of kids going out every day doing tricks. I went with them and within a few days I was going down stairs and on railings, narrow ledges and such. Great fun but as someone said remember to wear pads and helmet (I had pads but stupidly "forgot" to wear a helmet -luckily didn't smash my head). Expect many falls and scrape wounds though. :)

Btw rollerblades is a brand of inline skates. :)

Craft

Fledgling Freddie
I have a pair of Roces Fifth Elements - Once upon a time the best skates you could buy, aggressive of course, the higher ABEC Bearing the better the 'glide' as these allow your wheels to spin alot smoother, if i was you i would google inline skating and aggressive skating and don't skimp on buying safety gear, a helm IS important and so are knee pads / wrist pads and elbow pads, if your not self concious then it doesnt matter else try and get your self down to a skate park and try skating around for a bit, ask the other guys there how to rail and to take it from there, you can also try various jumps and stuff from a box but just make sure before you try any moves to get a good solid skating style first because if you can't skate then you dont know where your feet are to land this stuff which can hurt alot :/ just skate skate skate, you should be pretty comfortable on your skates in about a month, with tricks taking from a week to a couple of months to get right, even if you get a couple of inches of air, its all good, plus competition with other skaters leads to many nights of fun :) Enjoi.

Keitan

Banned
so i shouldnt get inline skates.... i should get Roces Fifth Elements? ... also may it be good idea to get walk n glide things that u attach to shoe to pratice balance first? they seem so cheap :D

echome

Fledgling Freddie
so i shouldnt get inline skates.... i should get Roces Fifth Elements? ... also may it be good idea to get walk n glide things that u attach to shoe to pratice balance first? they seem so cheap :D

No need for it to be fifth elements, but if you want to go aggressive you ofcause need some sort of stunskates.
K2 also makes some pretty sweet aggressive skates.

And as the others have said remember kneedpads etc.

Keitan

Banned
well atm i just wanna learn how to skate :) then maybe in a few months learn tricks :D so ill get meh self a pair of inline skates then some nice trick ones :d

thx guys btw ... rep for u all

cant give more then 2 reps in a post :<

Morphius

Fledgling Freddie
well depends what ur budget is and if u wanna start it seriously. A lot of people start and buy big and then when they find they cant do it fairly quickly they stop

Route One is a great website to start it covers all areas of the skating scene.

Clicky

on the whole Skateboarding/BMX/Blades, Blading is by fair the easiest to start on and get confident with. If your looking for more of a challenging extreme sport which ur gonna really go for i'd recommend Skateboarding, it's a lot more rewarding landing your first Kick Flip than your first Frontside. But im biased in that way :)

Blading has a lot easier tricks and therefore easier to start with.

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
Got to love the people who've said "It's soo 10 years ago" - Don't they realise it's a great form of exercise aswell? Sheesh.

Dude, go to any sports store (Quicksilver etc) and ask them about it, they'll let you know.

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
some time ago i found a pair of m12 in an salvation army store for 20 kr (2 quid), old as hell but just need new wheels

Helme

Resident Freddy
Was my primary mode of transportation a few years ago as I always managed to break my bicycle and it was on constant repair and or at the police station found stolen..... again.

It's really easy to self-learn to atleast go around with them, never bothered with tricks etc. but overall it should't be that hard.The only major drawback I saw with them was the pain in the ass that is having to carry a pair of shoe's and locking them away etc. when you're where you wanted to go.

Keitan

Banned
got a pair :) found em easy on flat ground but where i live is quite steep so :< hard to learn outside atm ;< not got protective stuff atm ( know how to stop and when im about to fall over how to fall over safe ) and thats either fall on my arse or put my hands on the floor or drag one behind the other :)

Morphius

Fledgling Freddie
cool :)

I'm fucking hopeless at blading, someone borrowed my deck (skateboard) and shoes and I wore his blades, omg - skatty as anything.

like a 360 inverted backflip

yeh but there's tricks just as hard in anything like a 360 christ air or 360 flare on bmx, but bladings starter tricks are a lot easier than say skateboardings starter tricks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom