[SUGGESTION] Ingame calendar

Grotnob

Fledgling Freddie
24hr clock time option, please.

Yes, I know it says am or pm, but when events are posted for 12:00 pm, it'd be nice to know for sure that the poster means 12 noon rather than 12 midnight.

That is all.

bronnac

Fledgling Freddie
24hr clock time option, please.

Yes, I know it says am or pm, but when events are posted for 12:00 pm, it'd be nice to know for sure that the poster means 12 noon rather than 12 midnight.

That is all.

If someone posts an event to start at 12:00pm then whta do you think that means??? there is only ONE 12pm in a single day?????????????

Grotnob

Fledgling Freddie
If someone posts an event to start at 12:00pm then whta do you think that means??? there is only ONE 12pm in a single day?????????????

Okay, you're trying to insinuate that I'm a moron. There really was no need for that, especially when you go on to demonstrate your own ignorance.

In answer to your question; 12:00pm means absolutely nothing. It is never 12:00 am or 12:00 pm.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
lol sounds like your guild needs to learn how to read the time

Ovron

One of Freddy's beloved
Instead of laughing at him, and at the same time making fools out of yourselves, have a read. 12-hour clock - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

Anyone outside of the UK, US, India and a few other countires, does not use the am/pm 12h time system. 12pm meaning noon is per tradition, and not something that can be logically derived.

To avoid confusion, the correct designation for twelve o'clock is 12 noon or 12 midnight. Alternatively, the twenty-four-hour-clock system may be used. The abbreviation a.m. stands for ante-meridiem (before the Sun has crossed the line) and p.m. for post-meridiem (after the Sun has crossed the line). At 12 noon the Sun is at its highest point in the sky and directly over the meridian. It is therefore neither "ante-" nor "post-"

For an international game, 24h-system is not too much to ask for, and certainly nothing to be laughed at for.

:m00:

Tetley

Fledgling Freddie
I agree completely. It would be better to be a 24 hour clock.
If you have to laugh at someone you may as well do it at those who think 18:00 is 8:00pm since it has an 8 in it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom