info on Leviathan

Nightrider

Fledgling Freddie
Lo folks

I would like to try and take down Leviathan.

Can anyone give me some pointers as to what crew is needed and any pointers of tactics?

Treyguard

Fledgling Freddie
um, been months since I last tried to kill him so I don't remember much, but I do remember the zephyr-ing he does. I also remember the huge numbers of yellow/orange (to 50) parasites that spawn off him to protect him, and that will wipe your raid from interrupts when combined with leviathan. They pop quick and get everywhere, on all the healers/casters etc, so they need to be killed quick before they get out of hand. Good luck :)

Jarroman

Fledgling Freddie
he is a biatch m8 .... , i have bad memories too from his aoe zephyr's and his spawns, that means that raid should have fairly good aoe dmg standing before the healers - and some heavy tanks on him with turns perhaps... when the half raid gets zepphyred the other half engages or sth like that... ofc that's my guess, i have no actuall clue on how/if he is ever been killed

PS: don't even think of killing him with less than 50 in a bg :twak: (unless ofc u know some tactics)

Mr Trade

Fledgling Freddie
1 Warlock can do it, bolt+dot, blow your pbaoe chambers on the adds...takes 10 seconds to kill.

or if your a bainshee nuke once then coe bolt

or if your a valkrey, oh wait they aren't overpowered!

Herjulf

Banned
Mr Trade said:
1 Warlock can do it, bolt+dot, blow your pbaoe chambers on the adds...takes 10 seconds to kill.

or if your a bainshee nuke once then coe bolt

or if your a valkrey, oh wait they aren't overpowered!

oh, what else u learnt on ebay. lol.

X

xGenocidex

Nightrider said:
Lo folks

I would like to try and take down Leviathan.

Can anyone give me some pointers as to what crew is needed and any pointers of tactics?

bribe 3 animists to hack there way into mid.. (yes its been done by 3 animists before :p) other than that i'd say 2 strong fg's / levi aoe zephyrs sooo its abit of a piss about + lil parasites which are very very annoying - 2 aoe casters and a shit load of tanks/healers/bb's :p

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
pet spam doesn't work on levithan (i think) and kraken (for sure)

and if it works on levithan, which i doubt you need at least 6 animists or 3 theurgists and 2 necro's (powerfeeding)

Yeke

Fledgling Freddie
Had a look around a few weeks ago for information on this and there is definatly a lack of it, found something on vn but never tried it couple of ml9/juggy sm pets and entourage of healers stand on EoY island wait for him to pass send pets out to him group heal pets, as long as agro stays on pet and pet stays in water and all ppl on island adds wont come on land.

Cant find the link but thats basically what it said think you have to do this without damage shield as you need the adds to agro people on land and get "stuck" at the shore line so could take a long time, and like I said absolutly no idea if it works or is just yanks spurting random bollocks on vn.

X

xGenocidex

old.windforce said:
pet spam doesn't work on levithan (i think) and kraken (for sure)

and if it works on levithan, which i doubt you need at least 6 animists or 3 theurgists and 2 necro's (powerfeeding)

dunno about kraken not seen or heard of theurgs or anis trying it but 3 animists can defo do levi they all just setup shrooms in levis path and waited for him to pass / had buffbots abit further away from shrooms so levi didnt zephyr them / soon as levi got close to shrooms all animists fire lvl 1 bombers aswell as shrooms hitting levi = goes down in seconds.. i think 2 of the anis died before levi did tho but they defo killed levi :> i think kraken only possesses one of your pets aswell don't think he does anything to pets after that (i tried to focus pull it used a CT first he possessed the ct then i sent ml9 pet in and he didnt do anything to it apart from melee it) sadly he killed sm+bb with ranged attacks

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
I have run a few Leviathan/Kraken raids but due to a general lack of interest I had to stop them.

Of the times we succesfully killed Leviathan we did have alot of people (over 40) however it is certainly doable with less. Due to the way the mobs were designed and with that number of people the fight took under a minute because we were able to break the to-hit code and people were able to nuke for ~300.

Having read the patch notes since they were released Leviathan/Kraken no longer suffer penalties from being in combat with mutliple people. This means the "zerg" tactic probably won't be so effective anymore. I don't know specifically about Leviathan but Kraken has certainly been designed to stop pet spamming/focus pulling and often won't drop any loot if killed this way. Something similar may well be in place for Leviathan although if you can get some ML9 spiritmasters together for a try it could be possible.

If I was going to try killing Leviathan now I would want 3fg.
First 2 groups would contain something like:
2 healers
1 shaman
1 warlock - chambered pbaoe and powerless spread heals for when things get tough!
2 shield tanks
2 zerker/savages
The third group would be pbaoe. Replace the 2 zerkers/savages with supp sm's. Its very important that each pbaoe gets guarded properly.

Tactic: Box up just beneath the surface. This will limit the effect of the mass FZ. When he does do FZ make sure everybody returns to the box ASAP and kill the parasites. Make sure you have a shield tank guarding each pbaoer, there are alot of parasites but they are only blue-yellow con.

Leviathan hits very slowly for around 1000-1200 a time. My warrior was also able to block him fairly frequently so as long as you stick together and deal with the parasites you can deal with him fairly easily. Leviathan himself isn't that dangerous really its just the FZ and mass parasites that will kill you if you don't concentrate on dealing with them!

Hopefully you can find a clever way to farm Leviathan but if not hope this helps! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom