info about RPG's

SevenSins

Fledgling Freddie
No DAoC games but, my life of RPG's I've had great fun playing, and was most impressed with. (When taking a break from DAoC I used to play these.)

Super Nintendo:

Legend of Zelda; A Link to the Past
Secret of Mana
Secret of Evermore
Lufia
Equinox
Final Fantasy 3(US) (Final Fantasy 6 JAP)

The rest isn't worth mentioning for the ultimate hoot. (Snes wise)

Playstation:

Final Fantasy 7
Alundra
Alundra 2
Suikoden
Abe's Oddesey (Not an RPG, I know, but damn funny :p)

Game Boy Advance:

Legend of Zelda; Link's Awakening (Actually a GBC game)
Lufia 2
Golden Sun
Golden Sun 2

Nintendo 64:

Legend of Zelda; Ocarina of Time MQ (MASTER QUEST, not the original that ones too easy)
Legend of Zelda; Majora's Mask

Nintendo Gamecube:

Legend of Zelda; Wind Waker
Skies of Arcadia

.End.

I know, I'm a Nintendo/Zelda freak, would explain why every console in my list except PSX has a Zelda in it.

Anyways, not sure if I am allowed to say this but, noone is really going to be arsed buying all those games (except me ofcourse :\) from my experience, and usually download them and play them on Emulators on their PC. I know it's illegal if you keep the rom on your computer for longer than 24 hours, so if you want to try out a game, download it, but don't forget to delete it within 24 hours! (/cough, and beware of virusses and such, lots of Hoax roms out there)

Hope it helped or something, if it didn't, well, bah.

:p

Helme

Resident Freddy
Im pretty suprised none have mentioned The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall, one of the best games iwe played might be hard to get nowdays tho. Have browsed through 4-5 swedish gamesites none selling it.. Morrowind is nice aswell, the expansion Bloodmoon is a pearl but Tribunal isnt worth the price it destroys the fun(talking about the assasins and the easy money they give). If youre going for Morrowind you might want to check this one out. Been lookin for it about 2 years by now looks really impressing Clicky. Another one more like Diablo in playstyle with a decent story is Dungeon Siege. I like the packmules in that one.. give those to DAoC imo :wub: .

Short summary from all that rubbish:
The Elder Scrolls II: Daggerfall
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind + Expansion Bloodmoon (skip Tribunal imho)
Dungeon Siege
And if it ever gets released: Middle Earth mod for Morrowind

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm Dungeon Siege...The sound at the start of the game when the farm is on fire, I still have it as mp3...The best game music I've ever heard!!

Escape

Can't get enough of FH
Thegreatest said:
Other RPG I want to try out is Stars Wars Knights of the Old Republic. Can anyone post their opinions about SW KotOR? Not like "it sucks tbh kk" cause thats useless..

Kotor is surprisingly good. Graphics/Animations are amazing and the plot/characters/dialog is ok too. The fights are better at lower levels though when your abilities are limited and you need a strategy(i.e. send in a stealthed rogue to plant mines; use grenades; set ambushes, etc) but later you get heals and stun(AoE) which makes you as overpowered as the average mid group and fights are just a matter of running in and kicking ass...

Depends on what type of RPGs you like, some of the recent titles are total crap. For old console RPGs like Zelda/Final Fantasy etc download an emulator and find the relevant rom(which are legal to dl providing you own the game). Chrono Triger(SNES) is pretty good, as are the Pokemon games... laugh all you want, but they are funny oO

Planescape Torment is ok, but I hate games which expect you to read too much and there is alot of that in PST.

Linnet

Fledgling Freddie
Another vote for Torment here. It's mercifully free from the stupid random battles/ wandering monsters that plague Final Fantasy-esque games, and has the best storyline I've ever seen in a computer game. Best setting also, come to think of it.

(But I might be biased since I bought a few of the D&D planescape books after playing it, for the art and the slightly funky writing style.)

Fallout/ Fallout II are also pretty good.

The original Prince of Persia had a fun storyline too, although its more of a platformer.

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
Escape said:
your abilities are limited and you need a strategy(i.e. send in a stealthed rogue to plant mines; use grenades; set ambushes, etc) but later you get heals and stun(AoE) which makes you as overpowered as the average mid group and fights are just a matter of running in and kicking ass...

LOL! Sound sooo interesting :D I've installed it already but I'm too drunk to try it out ;). I'll give it a go tomorrow..thanks for your opinion tho ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom