info about RPG's

gtp

Fledgling Freddie
Can anyone give me some info about new offline RPG's.
Anyone has sth in mind or knows a game that is really cool? I would like DAoC style games (middle ages). I would appreciate some some titles and links! :cheers:

Thanks in advance. ;)

gtp

Fledgling Freddie
Darkhawk said:
Google is your friend.......

y I know m8... but asking here will propably give me the top results than a 3year old RPG that might come up at google or a rate 1 game that is worth crap...
anyway I just wanted to see some titles... that's not to hard to do.
e.g.: the time that took you to type and submit that kinda stupid thread you could easily write down a title of a game that might come up to your mind.

more creative answers please?!
Thanks.

Ardrias

Fledgling Freddie
The best RPGs are 3+ years old, so.... :mad:

Fallout series for instance. Not medieval however.
And well... Baldurs Gate series. :eek:

Ormorof

FH is my second home
arcanum of steamworks and magic obscura! uber game :p

planescape torment good too

oh and baldurs gate series.... :p

Gaeswen

Fledgling Freddie
Try this link:
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg.html

Lots of reviews and previews around here.

Scroll down the left menu to the special features section and check out the Beta Center , this list current beta's voor MMORPGs.
Nice way to get a taste of things.

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Wtf are you guys on?! BG series were sooooo bad, worst D&D rule system ever :p

And go play Final Fantasy or Phantasy Star (not the 3rd) if you want story :)

Drevner

Fledgling Freddie
Zebolt said:

Final Fantasy 7 ForTehWin!!!!!!

Brunore

Fledgling Freddie
Zebolt said:

Kill teh heretic!!!!!11

Teh FnoRd

Fledgling Freddie
Final Fantasu VII 4tehwin tbh! :D

Sacred is a very decent diablo-clone if you like that! :)

Asty

Fledgling Freddie
Baldur's Gate and Icewind Dale series are really good but neverwinter night sucks ass. Also Final Fantasys are pretty good, atleast some of em.

Darkhawk

Fledgling Freddie
gtp said:
y I know m8... but asking here will propably give me the top results than a 3year old RPG that might come up at google or a rate 1 game that is worth crap...
anyway I just wanted to see some titles... that's not to hard to do.
e.g.: the time that took you to type and submit that kinda stupid thread you could easily write down a title of a game that might come up to your mind.

more creative answers please?!
Thanks.

Thats as creative as i get. But you could try these............

Diablo 1 & 2
Baldurs Gate 1 & 2
Planescape Torment
Final Fantasy 7 , 8 , 9
Warcraft III (not a RPG but it kind of is)

All about 2-3 years old....been no real decent RPGs for ages if you are desperate you could always play the Pool of Radiance games which sucked big time.

If your feeling really lazy click this link and you can see most RPG games here.

http://shop.gameplay.co.uk/webstore...orm=PCS&genre=RPGADV&mode=games&parent=STRATY

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Teh FnoRd said:
Final Fantasu VII 4tehwin tbh! :D

Aye, still got that. First RPG I ever brought and still my favourite - though i'm still insanly bitter towards all PS2 owned about FFX :eek:

Another one I liked (though not a PC title afaik) was Skys of Arcadia. Graphics wern't what you'd call cutting edge but the story was good and ship battles Rocked! :D

Oldleaf

Fledgling Freddie
Best rpg games i played were the Ultima Series (The Black Gate, Serpent Isle, Pagan, Underworld 1 and 2) U9 graphics was a bit simulair to DAOC but very bugged and because of that hard to complete. Those games are from 92/99 so pretty outdated in graphics but still worth playing.

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Neverwinter Nights series, Final Fantasy (better on a console if you ask me) and Morrowind.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
morrowind i forgot to mention, brilliant game (i thought it was worth buying just for the water effects when i got it :p )

but arcanum of steamworks of magic obscura is the best! :p

Zebolt

Can't get enough of FH
Kami said:
Final Fantasy (better on a console if you ask me)
Gamepad 4tehwin :p

Anyway, as you notice if you missed Final Fantasy go get it, NOW! FF7 beeing my personal favorite and FF5 were awsome aswell.

And for those who loved FF, have you played Phantasy Star? An old Sega Mega Drive game, can dl some roms and play it on the comp. Phantasy Star 1 own, the 2nd is even better and the 4th are rly good. Not the best graphics but awsome story and game system.

If you don't have anything against old games (which usually have better stories imo) I can recomend Might and Magic 3 or 6 (3rd beeing the better but allso worse graphics ofc). Stonekeep is allso an awsome game storywise and game play.

Thats all I can come up with atm..

Ormorof

FH is my second home
i always found final fantasy really dull :flame:

but thats probably just me :p

Sigurd

Banned
Crapanese Fantasy just doesn't do it for me personally :flame:

(Disclaimer: The above comment is a parody on capitalist Japanese culture and not a racist slur)

gtp

Fledgling Freddie
Thanks guys!
The ones I liked the most were:

Sacred
Guild Wars
Baldur's Gate Series
Might and Magic VIII (??? is this worth playing cause the graphics were kinda awfull ???)
Throne of Darkness (Diablo ninja stuf)
Planescape Torment
The Elder Scrolls III

Haven't decided yet with which one will I go first. (prop with the one that will take me longer to finish)

As for Final Fantasy... it sucks :p

XeffoInfil

Fledgling Freddie
Kami said:
Neverwinter Nights series, Final Fantasy (better on a console if you ask me) and Morrowind.

i actually found Morrowind le bore! imo BD series is the best diablo clone ive played yet and of course...FF7 4tehomgwtfprawn!!

Teh FnoRd

Fledgling Freddie
Sigurd said:
That "Sacred" game looks nice, anyone played it?
Yupp I play it! Very nice game. If you get tired of the main quest, there's tons of side-quests to do, from freeing ladies in distress to find lost pigs and slaying dragons! :D
Nice skillsystem aswell imo. :)

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
If you want to play DAoC like RPG's the best games would be Morrowind and Gothic 2 (don't understand why no one did mention Gothic 2 :)). Theser are not 100% pure RPG's (its more like 75% RPG 15% action 10% adventure ;)) but they give the best DAoC like feeling (imo). Other RPG I want to try out is Stars Wars Knights of the Old Republic. Can anyone post their opinions about SW KotOR? Not like "it sucks tbh kk" cause thats useless..

gtp

Fledgling Freddie
Thegreatest said:
If you want to play DAoC like RPG's the best games would be Morrowind and Gothic 2 (don't understand why no one did mention Gothic 2 :)). Theser are not 100% pure RPG's (its more like 75% RPG 15% action 10% adventure ;)) but they give the best DAoC like feeling (imo). Other RPG I want to try out is Stars Wars Knights of the Old Republic. Can anyone post their opinions about SW KotOR? Not like "it sucks tbh kk" cause thats useless..

Just saw some screenies from Gothic 2... VERY NICE!!!! As for Sacred... I think saving pigs in distress wont be such a challenge :D but seems very nice too.

zelrokyz

Fledgling Freddie
My vote goes for Gothic and Gothic II... amazing games, although I remember it took a while to get used to Gothic's control system when I first played it.

In fact, I think I'll give them another run though and reply them from another faction.

You probably can't go wrong with either of these games, in my opinion...

Thegreatest

Fledgling Freddie
zelrokyz said:
My vote goes for Gothic and Gothic II... amazing games, although I remember it took a while to get used to Gothic's control system when I first played it.

In fact, I think I'll give them another run though and reply them from another faction.

You probably can't go wrong with either of these games, in my opinion...

One of the most annoying part of Gothic I was the controls, which got a good fix in Gothic II by the way...The controls in Gothic II aren't annoying anymore, I've played both Gothic I and Gothic II and they are, with Morrowind, the best offline RPG's I've played so far :)

You can find a lot of Gothic II reviews here

Aran Thule

Fledgling Freddie
ill just suggest 2 as most have been covered already.

Planescape torment is a nice change from the norm, one of the few games when you dont have to worry too much about dying.
Also has some great background ( emotion samples are my fave) also has multiple ways you can finish it.
Try it as a fighter first time then try it again but as a mage (might need to search web to find out how to do this early in game), will open up a whole avenue of choises.

Star Control 2: very old game (original was recomended spec 10Mhz cpu) but someone has redone it with voice overs and allowed it to work on XP.
Large game with lots of strange races and a sense of humour.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom