infiltrator guards

illu

Part of the furniture
I really don't like assassin guards, but I can see - kind of - the need for them. They should be modified though, the aggro range is too much.

For an assassin to get into a keep, you need to
1. brave the olympic speed running guards circling outside and hope none walk on top of you that pop you = instadeath (or you can vanish! and then it usually fails)
2. get to the keep wall - for an infil guard to come THROUGH the wall and pop you out of stealth and get wtfpwned by circling guards
3. climb up the wall and get popped by infil guard somewhere in keep - you then run to the tower (but not a tower in the corner of the keep - because aggro from circling guards magically climb in and wtfpwn you)
4. you are inside! now you can try and kill people. Thing is, most people are rezz sick, so you put your balls on the line for 200rp or less - "this person has been killed recently" ggggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

But yes - I agree the old fights in OF were fantastic with casters being scared on the walls because there was an influx of stealthers climbing up to give them grief. It was exciting.

So they need to change:
Aggro range on guards
More Climb points at keeps - that are EASIER to find
Make guards not aggro through walls from inside OR outside, especially in the corner of the keep
Make Towers have climb points as well up to the first level, and possibly 2nd level, but with doors/access hatches so we can't get in until the front door is down - that would give us something to do at towers instead of twiddling our thumbs.
Mildly related - players who are rezz sick / worth no or reduced points, put a green warlock rotating sphere above their head. I don't want to risk life and limb to get F*ck all RP :)

Oli - Illu

Fuaip

Can't get enough of FH
these infi, ns and SB guards is annoying as hell tbh.. Why give people the chance to get inside a keep, if they just gets instapopped and then instazerged? cant see the point

judas

One of Freddy's beloved
Yes the old times where fun. (pre Toa when i actualy played infil)
the exitement of stealther into a zerg inside a keep. 1shoting some poor caster and manageing to get out w/o getting unstealthed.

or playing some class inside a keep and still not feel safe due to the Stealther zerg comming for the corpssummoner killing all they can after they did their work :p

brad

Fledgling Freddie
Gustav said:
Bradlex likes to sneak inside keeps a lot....but I suspect he gets more than just aggro from the npc assassins.

Gustav keep quite!

luribeauty

Fledgling Freddie
No inf guards in a keep make one hell of a difference in a keep on a rr.i love to go and drop siege wreaker mines on oil points as that helps a load also when a keep/tower has been taken i allways advice any ns's to drop them @ the door before we leave.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom