infiltrator guards

censi

Can't get enough of FH
just seeing things from the other side of the fence.

one fun thing assasin classes can do is get into keeps (infiltrate enemy lines) get to the heart of where the enemy forces are and if you work skillfully and fast and get a bit of luck you might get a kill before the 50 enemies inside spot you and blow your nuts off.

I remember back in OF like in keep sieges hoardes of brave little luris and elfs "john rambo'ing" it into keeps and somethings PA'ing and escaping and other times getting insta pwned etc. Dead luri courpses sloly descending as they got pwned in transit down to the ground or insta mezzed or summin.

All this was fun and for me was what the assasin class about.

So what do they do???

Go put guards in keeps that pop you and pwn you if you go anywhere near an enemy keep?

Kind of defeats the point in putting a climb point in there.

----

just my observation? do people agree (assasins or non assasins) that these guards are kind of pointless and just remove potential fun for both sides.

pip

Banned
censi said:

one fun thing assasin classes can do is get into keeps (infiltrate enemy lines) get to the heart of where the enemy forces are and if you work skillfully and fast and get a bit of luck you might get a kill before the 50 enemies inside spot you and blow your nuts off.

I remember back in OF like in keep sieges hoardes of brave little luris and elfs "john rambo'ing" it into keeps and somethings PA'ing and escaping and other times getting insta pwned etc. Dead luri courpses sloly descending as they got pwned in transit down to the ground or insta mezzed or summin.

So what do they do???

Go put guards in keeps that pop you and pwn you if you go anywhere near an enemy keep?

----

just my observation? do people agree (assasins or non assasins) that these guards are kind of pointless and just remove potential fun for both sides.
First of you need balls to get blown of, 2nd of infils back in the old days was just as op as warlocks back in these days, 3rd wtf you on about:)

bigchief

Fledgling Freddie
assassin type keeps are so rediculous its a bit of a joke. Mid and hib caught on LONG before alb did on pryd that the main keep in the realm should be an assassin one. Beno never was and albs paid the price with casters randomly dieing all the time. Bled and DC were always full of ns's so unable to go near as an assassin.

At the end of the day, the type of keep has fuckall effect on a force strong enough to take the keep. All it does is fuckover the people who try and get in by guile. And ye, its been moaned about loads in TL reports.

pip

Banned
bigchief said:
assassin type keeps are so rediculous its a bit of a joke. Mid and hib caught on LONG before alb did on pryd that the main keep in the realm should be an assassin one. Beno never was and albs paid the price with casters randomly dieing all the time. Bled and DC were always full of ns's so unable to go near as an assassin.

At the end of the day, the type of keep has fuckall effect on a force strong enough to take the keep. All it does is fuckover the people who try and get in by guile. And ye, its been moaned about loads in TL reports.
So true casters was rp foder once upon a time to stealthers:) Bit of a noob with other classes from hib/alb but can a champ weild 2h weapon + sheild?

pip

Banned
Elkie said:
hard to believe that you cant see what hes on about...
does it matter what lvl your guild is to get em up? infiltrator guards that is?

wittor

Can't get enough of FH
pip said:
infils back in the old days was just as op as warlocks back in these days

Aye lets compare the warlock vs the infil ! :rolleyes:

pip

Banned
wittor said:
Aye lets compare the warlock vs the infil !
lol lets talk about la in of,hell i can go back as far as to talk about skalds battle song

censi

Can't get enough of FH
First of you need balls to get blown of, 2nd of infils back in the old days was just as op as warlocks back in these days, 3rd wtf you on about

Im talking about assasin NPC GUARDS pip. wtf are u talking about?! :)

/glasses + /dictionary = /win!

wittor

Can't get enough of FH
pip said:
lol lets talk about la in of,hell i can go back as far as to talk about skalds battle song

whats your point ...?

pip

Banned
censi said:
Im talking about assasin NPC GUARDS pip. wtf are u talking about?! :)

/glasses + /dictionary = /win!
yes well i did mention it few post up just wonder if you get em on every keep due to how high your guild level was

pip

Banned
wittor said:
whats your point ...?
Every class will get there love when the time comes that is what fh is good for we all get to moan about something at some time:) i rember like abomination back in of,like bd before warlock

sweetleaf

Loyal Freddie
OF was horrible imo defending keeps. When playing me caster, there where what many alb stealthers on walls it was insane. Alot of keep takes you would know when keep was gone when the front door was intact and alb stealthers controlled everything but the lord room.

A would think a balance would be better. Maybe they could reduce aggro range or maybe guard a smaller area, the fact they have large aggro and chase you half a mile from keep is kind of silly.

wittor

Can't get enough of FH
OF keeps > NF keeps !

Atleast in OF you dident had to search fucking 30min for the climb point xD

pip

Banned
wittor said:
OF keeps > NF keeps !

Atleast in OF you dident had to search fucking 30min to find the climb point xD
lol try climb portal keeps back in them days wizard hits ya for like 10 million damage just for looking at the keep:( dam must put down this southern comfort,dam it's nice with lemonade

censi

Can't get enough of FH
NPC's are mobs man.

we want RVR not fucking mobs attacking us when we are RVR'ing etc.

Kagato

Fledgling Freddie
I love infil guards, specially when you got stupid zergs camping the keep like tonight.

Stick a infil on every section I can to protect the siegers and casters.

Arumos

Fledgling Freddie
censi said:

So what do they do???

----

definatly, although i already knew about the guards before i started playing inf, they are just one big annoyance that is uncalled for, scaling keepwalls as an assassin then twatting soem caster is damn good fun and putting some npc guards in there to ruin it defeats the object. that should be the job of PNs and traps etc , enemy stealthers so on and so forth

Influenza

Part of the furniture
Its not just the stealther NPCs i have trouble with in keeps but i always seem to get popped by the caster ones that are near to the climb points on mid keeps.

The nordic runemaster uncovers you! every time i try getting into a mid keep , happens on both my infil and NS and they both have 50 stealth.

Coolan

One of Freddy's beloved
As much as i agree that they are anoying, with beno what i do is move upto the wall climb up the climb point, get agro and move into the nearest tower, from there u can kill the guard without too much trouble, restealth and then wait for a target. :)

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Yeah is pretty stupid, annoys me greatly aswell. They got better detection then MoS10 (homing in on you on Mach6 from 2K range etc) and makes it very viable for a *SOLO* caster to deal with an assassin in a keep. Cmon, just stupid :<

They should recall 'Grapple-NPC's' who chaingrapple tanks and see how tanks would like it then :p

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
I think they should make an "Anti-magic" npc.

It casts a 500 radius, 2000 range antimagic field. The field will negate any attempt at casting.

More or less how the current stealther npc's work against stealthers these days.

Ahtlehson

Fledgling Freddie
Now I understand you stealthers! :D

Anti-Magic, Anti-Tank grapple robots.

Pretty much same thing. Delete those so stealther guards so I can get pwned inside the keep!

Luz

Fledgling Freddie
uhm.

I dont know if the keeps I climb about in is "Stealth" or not, but anywhere I see infils or SB guards, just pull them to a tower and kill them one by one?

MaCaBr3

Banned
I agree with Censi there, I was actually saying the exact same thing in gu a few days ago: what' the fucking point of having climbspots when it's virtually impossible to get into a keep, thus making climbspots obsolute unless all guards have been cleared during a keep take or something.

Also yes censi, believe it or not, I play a nightshade.

MaCaBr3

Banned
Luz said:
uhm.

I dont know if the keeps I climb about in is "Stealth" or not, but anywhere I see infils or SB guards, just pull them to a tower and kill them one by one?

I cant handle 2 orange infils.

I must be gimp I know.

anioal

Fledgling Freddie
assassin type guards are utterly annoying and should be removed tbh.
on a side note, last night got lucky and managed to slip past beno walls and had a nice time killing some of the albs that were wasting time inside

Gustav

One of Freddy's beloved
Bradlex likes to sneak inside keeps a lot....but I suspect he gets more than just aggro from the npc assassins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom