Infils.

bigchief

Fledgling Freddie
Downanael said:
Such little cockroaches. Hey i see bigchief there :p
!

Thats a lie (as im pretty sure im not :p)

For all I know 50% of them stealthers could be mids :p No names etc.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
what I mean is, there is no such imbalance in anything in daoc that is so big as it actually is on the stealtherside. Even savages was more balanced since they could be taken down using debuffs at least. Nothing can be done about minstrels+infil+scout. Its the best trio in the game and largely outperform any other trio you can put together.

And chanters alone is worth poo.. manaelds is what make hibs castergrps good and nothing else :)

Dumle

Fledgling Freddie
Shike said:
what I mean is, there is no such imbalance in anything in daoc that is so big as it actually is on the stealtherside. Even savages was more balanced since they could be taken down using debuffs at least. Nothing can be done about minstrels+infil+scout. Its the best trio in the game and largely outperform any other trio you can put together.

And chanters alone is worth poo.. manaelds is what make hibs castergrps good and nothing else :)

First part about stealthers, agreed... It is not easy to take down something that just pops up out of nowhere and throws a AE mess at you, more devastating than any insta AE.

Secondly, whatever it is thats nuking and PBAEing from hibside it fexxing hurts, chanter eldy dont matter ;) especially after the damn debuff, makes me one dead dorf fast as hell :'( hehe
Im guessing you were sarcastic about chanters being poo :p I think they are an awesome class. :)

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
gimmeeeh a mincer m8 so i can practice paing stationary targets :<

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Dumle said:
First part about stealthers, agreed... It is not easy to take down something that just pops up out of nowhere and throws a AE mess at you, more devastating than any insta AE.

Secondly, whatever it is thats nuking and PBAEing from hibside it fexxing hurts, chanter eldy dont matter ;) especially after the damn debuff, makes me one dead dorf fast as hell :'( hehe
Im guessing you were sarcastic about chanters being poo :p I think they are an awesome class. :)

hehe, no I wasnt actually joking, I would never ever dream of playing my chanter without a manaeld along. Chanter in itself is poo, its the combo of chanter+eld+3rd caster thats good. (and actually chanter is very boring too compared to manaelds)

In a world where tanks are kinda tough to deal with, a castergroup dont survive very long without diseased+debuffed tanks if the tanks know what they are doing.

Claudio

Fledgling Freddie
Platina said:
omfg ! such lamers.ZzZzZ bet 3-4 of them was rr9+ aswell same shitheads as usal.
Makes me laugh so much....and as for removing stealth!...omg....you aint got a chance!
regards from a happy inf :cheers:

Dumle

Fledgling Freddie
Shike said:
hehe, no I wasnt actually joking, I would never ever dream of playing my chanter without a manaeld along. Chanter in itself is poo, its the combo of chanter+eld+3rd caster thats good. (and actually chanter is very boring too compared to manaelds)

In a world where tanks are kinda tough to deal with, a castergroup dont survive very long without diseased+debuffed tanks if the tanks know what they are doing.

Argh, forgot about the str/con debuff and disease :(

And yeah, tell me bout casters having it rough, Im playing one of the most gimped casters, Runie... They are still really fun to play tho, always loved mages, whatever the game :)

Pio

One of Freddy's beloved
Thing is from that screenie.

You ask them all on irc why they zerging and they will respond.

I'm solo m8...

Mythic need to do something tbh.

Groborthir

Fledgling Freddie
I played on one of those emu DAoC servers a few weeks ago who had this awesome feature to prevent stealth zergs, and it was logical as hell: The more stealthers that were gathered in a close area should by all means be easier to spot, so the way this worked was that the more stealthers within a certain radius there were, the lower their stealth became, to a point where even non-stealther classes could spot them at a smaller distance when there was a lot of them.

It rocked so much. No stealth zergs. And those that were got spotted immediatedly and avoided or downright slaughtered. :)

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Groborthir said:
I played on one of those emu DAoC servers a few weeks ago who had this awesome feature to prevent stealth zergs, and it was logical as hell: The more stealthers that were gathered in a close area should by all means be easier to spot, so the way this worked was that the more stealthers within a certain radius there were, the lower their stealth became, to a point where even non-stealther classes could spot them at a smaller distance when there was a lot of them.

It rocked so much. No stealth zergs. And those that were got spotted immediatedly and avoided or downright slaughtered. :)

yep, I posted that suggestion some month ago in some other thread, would rock totally :)

that 40 infils can stand between the doors at agmE and you cant see em... i mean, hello? 40 infils is a crowd fgs :> nomatter how good and sneaky you are.. 40 people is still 40 people :p And casters can fire bolts of energy etc yada yada... (is what the zergfils will respond with now) ^^

Sycho

Can't get enough of FH
Tesla's screenie is ridiculous.

Either it's "barrowed" infs, ebayed or bandwagoners...never seen as many from hib/mid like that perhaps the most i seen is 5 hib stealthers amg odins.

Iceflower

Fledgling Freddie
What you see is the effect of having buffbots...get rid of those and stealther population would drop fast. I have a feeling only the true stealth players would remain with their toons then.

In Albion it is very easy to powerlevel an infi, just stick it behind a necro and poff you got a brand new lvl 50 char. With that said, you unfortunately find those powerlevel noobs in all realms on all servers. Nothing special for the infi class except that everyone and his mother wants one since they perform well if played well. Same situation applied to sbs before the LA nerf if I my memory dont fail me.

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
bring on ToA's stealth lore etc, get rid of these FOTMfils imo :eek:

koxine

Fledgling Freddie
bring on ToA's stealth lore etc, get rid of these FOTMfils imo

.. don't think Stealth Lore will solve any problems.. Stealth Lore, as I see it, is just GOA's way of making sure everybody will buy TOA if they want to continue playing RvR after TOA is launched...

Because.. say a caster gets an item with -20 Stealth Lore then he will be able to see stealthers far away... IF.. the stealthers out there hasn't got a similar item with -20 Stealth Lore.. then everything is back where we began.. stealthers will be just as hard to see as before...

NOTE.. this is only the way i read it.. and plz correct me if i'm wrong..

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
stealth lore got nerf'd anyway so its not active all the time only for short periods

Section

Fledgling Freddie
Claudio said:
Makes me laugh so much....and as for removing stealth!...omg....you aint got a chance!
regards from a happy inf :cheers:

of course you are happy.
you are fotm unbeatable!

Ezeine

Loyal Freddie
Everyone just talks about infils here. Hibs/mids zerg as much yet nobody talks about them. Odd imo :touch:

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
the amount of people lacking know how to play their class is rather funny ;p

exampleof a few days ago, solo huntress with only selfbuffs up gave 2-3 alb stealthers a run following me, from mmg to almost hmg only for me to speed shout off :eek6:

I was laughing so hard tbh, get a mincer if you want to be able to wtfpwn soloers imo :worthy:

:flame:

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Moriath said:
stealth lore got nerf'd anyway so its not active all the time only for short periods

RA respec out from TS, get volley or get ip/purge/ap much sooner ;P

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
Sycho said:
... the most i seen is 5 hib stealthers amg odins.

if seen mids and hibs in fg+ packs of stealthers

this pic makes me sad. haven't been in emain for a month now

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
old.windforce said:
if seen mids and hibs in fg+ packs of stealthers

this pic makes me sad. haven't been in emain for a month now
Friday night 5 min after i renewed my sub, i know there was atleast 8 infils outside mpk, how do I know this. Well 3 i uncovered with a mjolnir on a scuttlebug, the other 5 killed me in meele, only one managed to land a pa.

But i will continue my quest to find solo enemies, since not many groups want a Thane with them.

Ferengi

Fledgling Freddie
Fafnir said:
Friday night 5 min after i renewed my sub, i know there was atleast 8 infils outside mpk, how do I know this. Well 3 i uncovered with a mjolnir on a scuttlebug, the other 5 killed me in meele, only one managed to land a pa.

But i will continue my quest to find solo enemies, since not many groups want a Thane with them.
Im sure a certain gimp named azorius would love to grp with u m8 :)

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Ferengi said:
Im sure a certain gimp named azorius would love to grp with u m8 :)
You need to have a talk with your wife.

emma

Loyal Freddie
Sycho said:
Tesla's screenie is ridiculous.

Either it's "barrowed" infs, ebayed or bandwagoners...never seen as many from hib/mid like that perhaps the most i seen is 5 hib stealthers amg odins.
I have.. except it was a relic raid at the time ;p

http://www.thevortex.demon.co.uk/this-is-a-stealth-zerg.jpg

this is that took us several hours/days preperation to get those numbers ;p not 5 minutes like it takes albs.

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Fafnir said:

I think they don't bother with PA cause every infil seems to be a mercfil spec now days ;P

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Ezeine said:
Everyone just talks about infils here. Hibs/mids zerg as much yet nobody talks about them. Odd imo :touch:

I'm afraid you are very very wrong now Ezeine. Give us Minstrels though and sure, can give you the zerg you are talking about. Would at least lessen the time it takes to run to bloody Emain after getting ganked by too many Albs. :)

Alyssania

Fledgling Freddie
Well I dont understand why people continue crying about infs in Emain.

You guys should know by now that most of the infs in Alb dont know where to go others than Emain since nobody but hib stealthzerg goes odin and HW is just way too long run. And ofcourse those stealthers can sit at some distant corner of the zone waiting for some odd mid/hib using radar to run there. I usually try hunting in Odin but with 70% chance there is no one to fight with that would be solo or not be insanely buffed.

And while we whining can you guys get little less pbaoe and MA groups and try something else. Like rolling thane groups in mid and valewalker groups in hibernia and also could all hunters stop sitting away the ip since what I seen you cowards never run without it. ;) <pointless whining mode about others playing off>

You guys always say newb infs cant play their classes and all that but if they having fun with when they are playing I say let em play like they want and I suggest you guys try that too. Might be hard but try and if after month or so without fun I say quit/try another server/realm or just stop RvR'ing and try Pve. I sure hell would like to see less infs everywhere nowadays and I also liked to see bb's removed, pally being something else than end bot, tank without determination getting chosen to groups instead off det tank if player without determination is more skilled player, all overpowered mid and hib classes nerfed to hell (sm's, shammys, bd's, healers, sb's, hunters, zergers, savages, rangers, ns's, bards, druids(mainly because their internet connections ;), wardens, chanters and bm's. Just because they are in the opposite side and most of these classes have beaten me atleast once and I have seen them grouping with others.

I have a dw inf and its been over a year now I started leveling her and I desided then it would be dw since I thought it would be better for grouping in the guild groups but after that I have been smart enough to realise even that wont happen. Tryed to solo her for sometime but without buffs its almost useless. Been taking her to keeptakes where I can annoy mids but if there is some of there brave sb's in the keep I usually dont have much to do there against them and their bb's. So I duo with friends and since we are not able to compete in buffs (lowbie buffs with luck) we usually just try even kill one before we/one of us die to a fully buffed hunter thats hitting 3 times the damage about with same speed and with pet hitting same damage as I althought little slower and wont even start about other stealth classes out there. This is just my opinnion about current situation and I am not crying people to delete their chars or come meet me unbuffed im just saying im seeing things through albion glasses that show me different thruth than mids and hibs or even some albs see. But I have the understanding that this is just a game and some things are changed by only showing excample and some things cant be changed at all.

I really wish all you players reading this message to the end, have a very happy life and enjoy it. I hope we meet in the frontiers and what ever happens I enjoy playing the same game you guys play and it wouldnt be the same without you. Yeah I mean you! <points from the screen at you>

Now I spent almost a hour to write this without refill so fridge calls.

/salute to all and have fun ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom