Inf template help needed

Oboy

Fledgling Freddie
bigchief said:
but the stats on the offhand slower weapon (champ weapon) can be gained elsewhere (ie ml10 weapon) which has a better speed for a high dw infil, hence why use a slow weapon when you can get all the bonuses you want with a better weapon?

Incidentally, if you're going to pm me a template (not you specifically, just in general to everyone) and go 'its better than yours!' .. do actually cap skills, 300+hp, 90+con, toa bonuses etc. Anyone can make a template with better resists than mine if ur willing to ditch other stuff which ive specifically said I'm not happy to lose at all.

ty
ur template isnt bad, its just that i want a mainhand independent, u will having problem against high pd users and remedy shades with just malice and if u swap it out u will loose pretty much dmg. The only way i see a stabile template with no off hand is using cw off-hand, the 2% extra dmg and style will overweight the fast speed on ml10. But its all about playstyle and how much cash u got. I wanted to do a cheap template and improve it later and cw is free and ml10 is kina hard to get

Jergiot

Fledgling Freddie
Vladamir said:
Grats on being pl'd first off.

If you're swinging with a 4.1/4.0 (whatever Malice or Lw's are) mainhand, and a 4.0 offhand, you're gonna swing once in a blue moon, even less with low DW (as most do).

And gl 'easily' replacing a ML10 wep :p

just want to say its a very nice temp bc, just that this post made me react abit :)

just wanna give u some numbers vlad, since u dont play anymore and all :>

4.1/4.0 weap combo with 10 melee speed haste, 250 qui and 20% charge haste (yes we got 20 now with dr)

Actual R-Weapon Swing Speed: 1.83024
Actual L-Weapon Swing Speed: 1.7856000000000003
Dual Wield Swing Speed: 1.8079200000000002

4.1/3.5 weap combo with same bonuses as above

Actual R-Weapon Swing Speed: 1.83024
Actual L-Weapon Swing Speed: 1.5624000000000002
Dual Wield Swing Speed: 1.69632

so saying its once ina blue moon aint really a correct statement, as u can see the diff is ~1.70 compared to ~1.80 when offhand swings, and then u got the hole the slower weap makes more dmg thing etc.

myself i prefer chiefs temp with the faster offhand, also ml10 weap bonuses "stack" with toa bonuses allowing u to go above the 10% harcap. but the swingspeed diff aint really that big.

the numbers are from here btw http://daoc.nisrv.com/modules.php?name=Weapon_Speed_Calc

bigchief

Fledgling Freddie
Jergiot said:
myself i prefer chiefs temp with the faster offhand, also ml10 weap bonuses "stack" with toa bonuses allowing u to go above the 10% harcap. but the swingspeed diff aint really that bighttp://daoc.nisrv.com/modules.php?name=Weapon_Speed_Calc

nah they don't :<

I did some initial testing on this once i first got some ml10 weapons and concluded that they did. However at the time I did not know that %style dmg also increases the dmg caps.

Some later testing showed that sadly I had the same caps with ml10 weapons and '12%' melee 10%style as the usual 10% 10% :(

Jergiot

Fledgling Freddie
bigchief said:
nah they don't :<

I did some initial testing on this once i first got some ml10 weapons and concluded that they did. However at the time I did not know that %style dmg also increases the dmg caps.

Some later testing showed that sadly I had the same caps with ml10 weapons and '12%' melee 10%style as the usual 10% 10% :(

humz wtf, im almost 100% sure this was on grabbag and that they confirmed it, ahwell guess we cant be sure till we test everything ourselfs since mythic dont know their own game :|

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom