Inf`s & Grp`s

G

Galuder

Why is it that ppl dont want infiltrators in grp`s!?! Sure u heard it b4, but do u ppl REALY know how hard they are to lvl??? Im so tired of hearing "sry, need tank". Last night I soloed (with buffs) lvl 53 mobs in AC, and im lvl 45.5! So, plz give me (or at least try) a good reason infs have a hard time getting grp`s!

P

Pin

It doesn't really matter if you can do damage or can solo mobs, in an exp group.

They do more damage except for if you use the PA chain and use poisons, both of which are impractical in a fast-pulling exp group.

But the main reason is that tanks have a shield (guard), protect, intercept, better armour and more hitpoints - i.e. they hold aggro 10x better than you in groups which should be pulling purple mobs and letting nukers do the work.

Get over it or level a useful character.

N

Naewae

When I was in AC (hated the place, was glad to ding 50) I always took Infi's when I was GL 'cos I was well aware of the damage they can do. As a pally I kept the aggro and let other peeps (including scouts/reavers) do the real hurting.

So some of us do like you :)

S

stinkie

an infil does less damage than either a merc or reaver and also has less defence. cannot protect guard or intercept. and basicaly brings nothing at all to a group either of these classes cant do much much better.

I'm sure you knew the situation when u 1st made your infil. if u cant stick soloing roll a group friendly class.

J

Jiggs

why should other people help u level a solo character?

O

old.Ramas

Please make more threads about this.

Also; given I can get groups for my cabalist (though I feel guilty doing so), where the closest thing I have to a group friendly ability is an unspecced base lifetap; and given that when my cleric was levelling, groups regularly included infiltrators (despite the fact that most of them insisted on using their ability to suck mana directly out of my power bar); I have a hard time believing it's *that* much harder to get groups for an inf than it is for anything esle.

Yes, it's harder because you are far from essential, but I've not come across many people in excal/alb who aren't happy to accept anyone so long as the group has the essentials covered.

Everyone has difficulty getting groups from time to time.

Everyone finds groups that are saving their last spot for a tank/cleric/pbt/speed/cc.

If someone tells you they can't invite you becuase they need a tank, people do need to realise that it's just possible that they can't invite you, because, they need a tank.

B

belth

Just to make the point clearer - my 37 merc has more hitpoints than my level 50 infiltrator with AugCon2/Toughness2. That's one nice reason tanks are >>>>>>>>> infils.

P

Pin

Originally posted by belth
Just to make the point clearer - my 37 merc has more hitpoints than my level 50 infiltrator with AugCon2/Toughness2. That's one nice reason tanks are >>>>>>>>> infils.

And my Wizard had 50% more hps at 44 than some level 48/49 Infs that were in my AC PBAE groups.

A

Arnor

Originally posted by Galuder
Why is it that ppl dont want infiltrators in grp`s!?! Sure u heard it b4, but do u ppl REALY know how hard they are to lvl??? Im so tired of hearing "sry, need tank". Last night I soloed (with buffs) lvl 53 mobs in AC, and im lvl 45.5! So, plz give me (or at least try) a good reason infs have a hard time getting grp`s!

your here to fuck up for soloers in emain not be helpful in groups

B

belth

Originally posted by Pin
And my Wizard had 50% more hps at 44 than some level 48/49 Infs that were in my AC PBAE groups.

My merc doesn't have capped HPs & cons :p

K

kenshee-himura

The problem with infils is they have low HP and their high dmg out put get's em aggroed loads of times. Tbh 1 infil cant hurt a group when u got ur paladin in it. I got a infil my self and it is hard to level them trust me. They should give infil some grp friendly skills (dont ask me what just something)
All you can do is either go with group raids and try and gain xp that way or just hope u get a good GL who doesnt mind getting a infil in grp

A

acei

Originally posted by Pin
Infil's are EXTREMELY useful in RvR especially with keep takes, relic raids and just for annoying the hell out of SB's/NS's/hunters/rangers and anyone else that tries to solo.

There's no reason not to have a infil in a group at all, if they play right they won't get agro but they will still do a hell of a lot of damage. If there are Paladin's in group they can easily take agro off a infil, only cause they have low HP so therefore can't take agro isn't a reason.... e.g. wizards are weak and can take about 2-3 hits but i bet you still have them for their damage? Infil's do damage too but can handle but agro than a wiz!

G

Galiryn

Originally posted by Pin

my wiz has 800 hps ;(

P

Pin

Originally posted by acei
There's no reason not to have a infil in a group at all, if they play right they won't get agro but they will still do a hell of a lot of damage. If there are Paladin's in group they can easily take agro off a infil, only cause they have low HP so therefore can't take agro isn't a reason.... e.g. wizards are weak and can take about 2-3 hits but i bet you still have them for their damage? Infil's do damage too but can handle but agro than a wiz!

Infils do absolute shit damage compared to a wizard, especially Ice (which won't generate any aggro unlike that inf who's busy trying to drain healer power).

Any tank does more damage than an Inf in a good PvE group, can hold aggro better and protect healers and casters better.

The only reason to take an Inf into a PvE group is if he's a friend or you feel sorry for the poor solo bastard.

D

dawn-

And my Wizard had 50% more hps at 44 than some level 48/49 Infs that were in my AC PBAE groups

50% more than an inf 5 lvls higher... lol lemme guess.. highlander?

B

Bellona

while i leveled my infil in AC, i once grouped with another infil and mincer, and we did fine fast exp, even tried just duoing big fish like things in AC with mincer, was incredible exp too, infils dont need a group to lvl, duo/trio with other stealth classes works fine too, it just requires more work from urself, u cant be lazy as in a full group :D

A

Arkian

Originally posted by Bellona
while i leveled my infil in AC, i once grouped with another infil and mincer, and we did fine fast exp, even tried just duoing big fish like things in AC with mincer, was incredible exp too, infils dont need a group to lvl, duo/trio with other stealth classes works fine too, it just requires more work from urself, u cant be lazy as in a full group :D

I can vouch for Bellona's point. Not sure if he remembers, but I grouped with him a few times when I was nearing 50 on my pally, and was always glad to have him in the group. Damage potential of an infil is great, and if you couple them with a pally who really knows how to handle+maintain agro, then they are a valuable group member.

Even duo'ed with Bellona's inf the day I dinged 50, and we were killing extremely fast with zero/little downtime. All in all great exp, and I had real fun too.

So bottom line, an infil who knows how to play will always be welcome in my groups.

peace

Ark

D

Draylor

Originally posted by Arkian
So bottom line, an infil who knows how to play will always be welcome in my groups.
And the random infil youve never heard of will 9 times out of 10 be a liability capable of draining your clerics power at speeds youd never have dreamed possible.

Thats why infils have a tough time getting groups - if played properly theres no harm in having 1 (or 2) in a group, if played badly your in serious trouble.

P

Pin

Originally posted by dawn-
50% more than an inf 5 lvls higher... lol lemme guess.. highlander?

briton wiz with capped dex/con/int/hp (dropped armour) while levelling.

saracen inf with like +5 con on gear (full health after crap rezz and 2 crappy heals from my buffbot totalling ~700hp - surprisingly enough, he died in 2 hits even when buffed)

G

Galuder

Thx 4 all ure answers, i maybe sounded like a jerk when i posted it, 4 that i apologice :p . I just got a bit frustrated of the slow progress, which i guess im not alone about....

B

Bellona

Awww im soooo sorry Ark :D

totally forgot that and confused you with another infil/mincer, yeah, it was us killing those fishs things with legs, and it really was good/fun, and you knowed how to handle the pally too, aww ... thx for the fine words :D

Originally posted by Arkian
I can vouch for Bellona's point. Not sure if he remembers, but I grouped with him a few times when I was nearing 50 on my pally, and was always glad to have him in the group. Damage potential of an infil is great, and if you couple them with a pally who really knows how to handle+maintain agro, then they are a valuable group member.

Even duo'ed with Bellona's inf the day I dinged 50, and we were killing extremely fast with zero/little downtime. All in all great exp, and I had real fun too.

peace

Ark

A

Arkian

Originally posted by Bellona
Awww im soooo sorry Ark :D

totally forgot that and confused you with another infil/mincer, yeah, it was us killing those fishs things with legs, and it really was good/fun, and you knowed how to handle the pally too, aww ... thx for the fine words :D

Was a pleasure to level with you m8 :)

So to all the infil's out there trying to level atm, there is hope ;)

M

makgsnake

feel sorry for the scouts imo.
i allways let infys into my xp groups. hate inviting scouts but i feel sorry for em :(

O

old.CrazyMuppet

I did 90% of the levels on my infil solo, with buffs, and i usually leveled faster than in groups...

The exp per mob wasnt faster, but there was no time needed to form groups and all that hassle... i liked it just fine... from 40+ in snowdonia and barrows and i was 50 in no-time.

Might be tedious if you're not solo-minded, but i loved it really... and a lvl50 infil is worth the trouble... at least it was when i made mine :rolleyes:

B

Belomar

Originally posted by acei
Infil's are EXTREMELY useful in RvR especially with keep takes, relic raids and just for annoying the hell out of SB's/NS's/hunters/rangers and anyone else that tries to solo.
Take a look at Pin's signature and you will see that he knows practically all there is to know about infiltrators in RvR.

G

Galoma

Necro pl + infil

I found that when i pl an alt in AC, its useful to have one rough in the grp (3 ppl total), because then the mobs always baf, and i get the grp bonus (and my alt is still capped).
thoe i need the rough to be 43+ otherwise he won't help enough.
I can strongly recomend this to all... and u make an infil, mincer, scout happy. it won't be great xp for them, but for infils, all xp are great.
lvl 43-47 is best, after 47 they might aswell do somthing els, because then the 14-20 mill xp won't do it for them any more.
Hell pherhaps I could even charge ppl monny for this :p naaa i won't :)

F

froler-mid

all comes down too the player imo.

a 'good' infil, who knows about detaunt, aggro, etc...is waaay better then random gimp tank.

H

hercules-df

its coz ppl are boring cunts, MUST GET TO 50!!!!!!!!!!!!

S

Silenzio

Originally posted by Pin
It doesn't really matter if you can do damage or can solo mobs, in an exp group.

They do more damage except for if you use the PA chain and use poisons, both of which are impractical in a fast-pulling exp group.

But the main reason is that tanks have a shield (guard), protect, intercept, better armour and more hitpoints - i.e. they hold aggro 10x better than you in groups which should be pulling purple mobs and letting nukers do the work.

How Sad... you are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom