Inevitable City raided <Karak Hirn>

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
Well, this morning Order on Hirn finally opened up the Inevitable City.

After while of fumbling around inside, the PQ fun began.

48 v 48 in 5 instances....it was awesome rvr action.

However, the Invader loot is pretty naff considering what you have to go through to get it, no better than Lost Vale kit, although i think you need the wards on it to progress further in the city. Still, a bit of a letdown.

Without the valiant destro defenders it would have been SHIT boring tho. We had one instance to ourselves for a while and it was mind-numbing, also the wonderful contribution system meant the same few players won most of the bags...

The scenario in there is awesome fun, it's HUGE though, think we had a full scenario a few times...something i have NEVER seen before.

Bottom line, great fun, but all made by the players, remove the enemy and it sucks donkey balls.

Gratz to all who came and fought, it was awesome :)

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Been raiding each others cities for weeks on Karak Azgal :p

Jaberwocky

Loyal Freddie
Been raiding each others cities for weeks on Karak Azgal :p

On Hirn things have been pretty even, Destruction has been near to Aldorf twice before but server crashes and bugged forts stopped us in our tracks, it's been swinging both ways for a while. Sadly Order finally mounted and alarm clock push late night Fri stretching in to early morning Sat morning, one census showed 186 Order and 2 am and 56 Destro on line.

Personally I was out on the town at the time, the morning was then filled with 4 IC PQ instances with 48 Order and 0 Destruction, 1 with 0 Order and 48 Destruction then 2 with people actually fighting in.

If that's end game then frankly I'll be looking for something else to play very soon.

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
On Hirn things have been pretty even, Destruction has been near to Aldorf twice before but server crashes and bugged forts stopped us in our tracks, it's been swinging both ways for a while. Sadly Order finally mounted and alarm clock push late night Fri stretching in to early morning Sat morning, one census showed 186 Order and 2 am and 56 Destro on line.

Personally I was out on the town at the time, the morning was then filled with 4 IC PQ instances with 48 Order and 0 Destruction, 1 with 0 Order and 48 Destruction then 2 with people actually fighting in.

If that's end game then frankly I'll be looking for something else to play very soon.

Well, most of the pushing began at 6-7am on Saturday. However this required a lot of boring PQ grinding to get the final v-points, then you get inside the city and, lo and behold, more PQ grinding....

Definitely disappointing, but the conflict in the contested PQ's was great fun. Initially all PQ's were contested, but eventually two became pve farm sessions, one for each side, and the other three remained contested for the duration (remember, thats 6 hours of combat after many hours of grinding and combat to get inside...so a good show of strength and commitment on both sides imo).

This being said, we never progressed past the first ares of the city, so theres still more to see. Although the PQ point fights were epic, fighting under that massive monolith was cracking.

The amazing thing? No zone crash...

Personally i enjoyed it, but is it honestly worth going through all that again (locking zones, capping forts and mind-numbing PQ grinds) to get in? I'm not sure it is.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
48 v 48 in 5 instances....it was awesome rvr action.

well, more like:

48v0 - dull
0v48 - dull
48v48 - uber fun
48v34 - less so much fun for destro :)
48v0 - dull

For a lot of the time :(

I've heard 1.2 supposedly fixes that though...

Crazy fights defending the monolith in the instances that weren't half-empty = really quite good though.

Reno

One of Freddy's beloved
Crazy fights defending the monolith in the instances that weren't half-empty = really quite good though.
The dev who made the temple BO should be hung, drawn and quartered though.

Danita

Poag

m00?
Also make it not possible to fire people off the sides of IC. :/ or add the 'feature' to Altdorf :>

Tetley

Fledgling Freddie
I thought it was pretty boring inside the IC. We struggled to find destro players for most of the time so it was like an extended pve PQ raid with bad rewards. What is the point having level 33 rewards when you cannot get in at that level?

I am not sure about the 'alarm clock' bit that was mentioned though. Order generally had had a good week (quite rare) and this was just the culmination of that week. The last fort to open up IC was not taken until 11:30am UK time so that defence can hardly be classed as alarm clock - although I realise 11:30am on a weekend doesn't exist for some :)

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
I am not sure about the 'alarm clock' bit that was mentioned though. Order generally had had a good week (quite rare) and this was just the culmination of that week. The last fort to open up IC was not taken until 11:30am UK time so that defence can hardly be classed as alarm clock - although I realise 11:30am on a weekend doesn't exist for some :)

I was working through the weekend and up (relatively) early. I logged in before 8am to putter around on an alt for 20 mins or so before going to work. Order were already pushing zones and had been for some time going by posts I've seen elsewhere.

Although its not getting talked about much, thats pretty much the definition of an alarm clock raid.

But whatever works, works. By the time the zone pushing was done a lot of folk got to enjoy both sides of it and thats a good thing.

Tetley

Fledgling Freddie
I don't want to argue on the alarm clock point since that was one thing that frustrated me on a regular basis in DAOC, logging in on a Saturday morning and finding the relics gone, so I understand why it can be annoying.

I was just trying to make the point that this had been building up for a week, not just a night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom