Indian university qualifications

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I managed it, moved into support side then Project Management. I do well at it because I can speak to the Engineering teams on their level and understand their limitations and what they can really achieve. Most other Project Managers I work with do not have that technical background. The PMP courses do not take that long to get through, did mine in 6-7 months. Most of it is common sense. Once you have that you can take it almost anywhere.

I did the contract thing for a few years, it was a good experience. I actually worked on the BAe Hawks in Oman and UAE, on site rep for a couple of years. I nearly went to Boeing in 96 (B777 Entry Into Service Teams) but declined as I did not want to travel around flitting from one place to another every 2-3 years.

I used to work in the design office for Hawk 200 and T-45! Funnily enough my plan when I went to uni was to do exactly what you did, go back as a project manager and ally my techie background to my business and management qualifications (I even ended up doing a Technology Management masters), but then I discovered I really didn't want to go back into aerospace and my Masters dissertation was in the oil industry which didn't hold massive attraction either. I found marketing and then then online was a much cleaner (and more lucrative) way to make a living.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
On the subject of accountancy you don't need a degree at all, and some of the worst accountants I have met / interviewed have accountancy degrees... The best accountants I have had working for me have left school straight after A levels. They have either completed their AAT or the newer CAT and gone on to do CIMA or ACCA ( note if you do CIMA you get two sets of letters, the second gives you a sweet passport to work internationally). Alternatively if you get good A levels then you can do your professional exams immediately and be qualified in 3 years (so 21....). If for some reason you want to train in practice and start your life in audit normally a university degree is required, especially if you want to train with one of the bigger firms ie pwc, kpmg, etc.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom