Independance Day

leggy

Probably Scottish
At work the American owners decided that we should celebrate 4th of July yesterday, with competitions and fancy dress and what have you. They seem oblivious of the fact that this is England, the other combatant in that war :confused:

I dealt with it by taking the day off holiday.

Hah quality.

I also like your defiance :)

Showercap{KEA}

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
I aren't bloody correcting it again Leggy :eek:

Trem

Wow Kryt no need for that I was just saying............

:(

leggy

Probably Scottish
What the fuck is wrong with me????

I'm a part time member of the grammar police and have fucked up twice now.

YOUR!!!!! FFS!!!!

Trem

You had better pump like you have never pumped before for me tonight now.

Zenith

Part of the furniture
I always wonder at people in England - supposedly "English" people - who never seem to stop going on about how bad we were.

Judging from what other cultures were/are like, its a damned good job we did what we did back then - if one of the other cultures took over as much land as we did I think we'd have seen something far worse happen.

Imagine an Islamic nation doing what we did? I reckon we'd have seen genocide on a far worse scale and I really dont think that they would ever give up thier empire as graciously as we did. Imagine what happened to Khartoum in the 1800's or whenever it was that the Mahdists massacred the city, but happening worldwide instead.

I know we did some despicable things, but tbh I dont think it was half as bad as some of the things others have done.
The islamic actually took over HUGE amounts of land in the northern Africa and even up to Spain, quite like how you did. Though, that tale is far more peacelike than many others. The horror in Spain actually started first after the Spain got free from the islamic.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
The islamic actually took over HUGE amounts of land in the northern Africa and even up to Spain, quite like how you did. Though, that tale is far more peacelike than many others. The horror in Spain actually started first after the Spain got free from the islamic.

Except...not true. The Islamic conquest of north Africa, then, as now, was "convert or die", unless you were Christian or Jewish. "Ooh, those nice tolerant muslims" you may be thinking, but, not quite. Muslims allow infidels to continue their beliefs provided they paid jizya, a tax on infidels. Very handy as Muslims are forbidden from moneylending or banking. Jizya has been the cornerstone of muslim conquest ever since, because until they discovered oil (or rather the English did) it was their main revenue source. There´s a lot of evidence to support Jizya as a principle reason for lack of Muslim progress compared to the West; too easy to simply tax subject peoples just for existing (at least the European powers usually taxed goods, not people).

Sure, the Spanish Inquisition was pretty fucking horrible, but once again, being despicable to one´s fellow human beings isn´t limited to those of us with white skins; and once upon a time the British in particular had a sense of morals that wouldn't countenance some of the worst evils, like suttee, and, ironically, slavery. We went from being one of the worst culprits, to stamping it out everywhere we found it in a few short years, and it was done because the British people, not Kings or Parliaments, demanded it.

Kryten

Old Cow.
Err, regarding my earlier post : disregard it... I didn't even post it, and not sure who did - didn't wake up till gone 10.

Looking into it now.

Trem

LMAO!

You said it to a spambot, or someone did.
:D

I AER THE LORD OF THRODKRYT!

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Err, regarding my earlier post : disregard it... I didn't even post it, and not sure who did - didn't wake up till gone 10.

Looking into it now.

A fine excuse.

You're all fucking *****, and smell of wee. And possibly AIDS infested.

;)

Kryten

Old Cow.
Gits :D
Turns out my brother was being nosey before going to bed this morning and came across an open FH window.
Little shit needs a slap :|

Dukat

Resident Freddy
Gits :D
Turns out my brother was being nosey before going to bed this morning and came across an open FH window.
Little shit needs a slap :|

Rofl Kryt, get him to post more often! :D

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
I'd be worried having him sneaking about while you sleep. Tbh I advise infiltrating his private space under cover of darkness wearing a knitted balaclava and a tiger-print jockstrap, and liberally unloading a tin of shaving cream on his unsuspecting person!

Kryten

Old Cow.
Sounds like a cunning plan :D

Might prefer to smear him liberally with jam and leave him to the ants.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom