Increasing internet lag over time

Exinferis

Fledgling Freddie
So the last 2 weeks ive been not been able to play at all, starting playing, and all is fine, but then after say 5mins or so, the lag gets worse, and worse and worse, and it usually ends in a crash to login. Anyone got same problem? or should i just reformat and reinstall windows again?

Havnt got torrents running etc, cleaned computer with CC cleaner, but alas, nothing has helped :(

its really annoying, anyone know what todo?

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
Check the size of your Data.myp

It should be around 49MB. It may well have grown to over several GB in size. Delete it the patcher should replace it.

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
Do you play any other games online? Can you give a more detailed description of the problem? Are there any patterns you can spot?

How are you connected to the internet? Could someone else be leeching your connection?

Exinferis

Fledgling Freddie
i play cod4 online, no problems with ping there

its fine when i start to play, and it degrades over time

currently on a 4mbit/500kbit line, upgrading it to a 5mbit line sometime this week, alltough im doubtfull thats the reason.

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
Is it connection lag or fps lag?

If it is connection lag could it be your ISP? They could be throttling your connection to the servers? Do they have a fair use policy or something? You could try using ping plotter to see where the lag comes from. (I think you can find your server IP with a few google searches)

If it is fps lag maybe try re-installing WAR, it could be some wierd memory leak. Do you find the harddisk is churning? Is your harddisk nearly full? How much RAM do you have?

Exinferis

Fledgling Freddie
its connection lag, just when im about to disconnect, the NPC's etc disappear

Harddisk is not full, and i havnt noticed it churning any either, but then again my computer is pretty noisy, so im not 100% sure.

I got 4gb of 6400 ram of pretty good quality, but i have had some problem with one of the sticks, but it went away

And running vista ultimate 64bit

MesS°

One of Freddy's beloved
Ill try to send you some of my awesomeness. Maybe that will help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom