Incidently Requiel

Draylor

Part of the furniture
oblimov said:
also opentransit has been shite for years not weeks
Obviously, but its been unplayable (multiple LDs in 2-3hours of play) for the last couple of weeks since their 'maintainance' :eek6:

Edaemos

Fledgling Freddie
Would like to know if opentransit is going to fix this problem anytime soon, because atm large raids fo any kind are just a waste, and taking away part of the game for paying customers is wrong.

Gear

Can't get enough of FH
Actually lads, most LDs do happen because of Opentransit. There is free software available that let's you trace your connection from your PC to the destination and indicate where there is an increase in packet loss and in ping rates. 99% when i LD and i check it, it's opentransit London servers. Not really that much GOA can do about it.

Franya

Loyal Freddie
Clipse said:
there were not many Animists. Mushrooms were NOT a problem. We were only 51 people. Everytime we have raided a relic keep the servers go. Therefore we nuke for 20% less damage than Hibbies. If the game can not handle 100 people in a zone, remove relics from game. Harsh but true :D
Secret hibbie defence plan: If relic attacked log in all your lowbie alts in Druim Cain to crash the server...

Clipse

Fledgling Freddie
Franya said:
Secret hibbie defence plan: If relic attacked log in all your lowbie alts in Druim Cain to crash the server...

Does anyone know how many LD Relic raids we have had ?

I think I personally have been on about 4 raids that failed because servers crashed.

All I am saying is When DAOC first came out Relic raids were Laggy yes, but rarely crashed, the last 4 raids I have been on have all crashed. I find it hard to believe toward 2005 the servers are getting laggier and laggier than they were on release...

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
Clipse said:
All I am saying is When DAOC first came out Relic raids were Laggy yes, but rarely crashed, the last 4 raids I have been on have all crashed. I find it hard to believe toward 2005 the servers are getting laggier and laggier than they were on release...

I don't know exactly what happened on your raid, but I can't think of that many where the server itself has crashed. There's been quite a few where a majority of people (or a big enough minority) have gone LD- but when people go LD it's almost always traffic related rather than server related. If somewhere along the line there's a piss-poorly configured ancient Cisco, it's going to cause LDs :)

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Gear said:
Actually lads, most LDs do happen because of Opentransit. There is free software available that let's you trace your connection from your PC to the destination and indicate where there is an increase in packet loss and in ping rates. 99% when i LD and i check it, it's opentransit London servers. Not really that much GOA can do about it.

Still OpenTranshite, eh? *chuckles* nothing much changes in 2 years ;)

More info on what to do in this thread:

https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=35942

Pingplotter is a great tool to use for this and can easily be run in the background while you play. You can get a screenshot or a text download of the stats from pingplotter and complain to your ISP who in turn should apply appropriate pressure up the chain towards OpenTransit.

In my experience these issues were never GOA's.

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Jupitus said:
In my experience these issues were never GOA's.

True, but...

You own a local computer store business is pretty good, then one day the council come and do some roadworks outside your shop, yes people can still get in but they have to walk around some bollards and over planks covering holes in the pavement.

Do you say to your customers Its not our fault, just walk around ohh and call the council if it bothers you, or would you get on to the council yourself and say its affecting your business, when will it be over.

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I was talking purely from a technical standpoint, in that the LDs aren't caused by GOA's servers. Of course, we would hope that GOA are applying as much pressure on OT as possible anyway, but users also reporting the problems, with clear evidence from pingplotter or other apps can only help, no?

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Thats what i get for reading only the tail end of a thread,

Anyone have a step-by-step guide on how to obtain ping plotter, configure it, monitor DAOC, extract reports in a format an ISP will understand.

Also an email address for opentransit

UndyingAngel

Can't get enough of FH
Jupitus said:
we would hope that GOA are applying as much pressure on OT as possible ?

You can alwasy E-mail / phone your own ISP, they are normaly well to phone up on your behalf anyway Telewest did for me, not had a problem with the lag since :clap:

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Clipse said:

SI, TOA, patches

how much new crap do you think the server has to process now compared to release?

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
People keep saying 'crashed', but, afaik none of the zones crashed. Or did they crash? People just went LD, didn't they?

Clipse

Fledgling Freddie
crash, popped, Slowly destabilised, Link Death,closed opentransit line, Leaves on the Switching box, France Telecom, who cares......... Every raid, people disconnect, not from their own choice.

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
Clipse said:
crash, popped, Slowly destabilised, Link Death,closed opentransit line, Leaves on the Switching box, France Telecom, who cares......... Every raid, people disconnect, not from their own choice.
Nor is it GoA's fault. The least that people can do is to do a traceroute to the Prydwen server (use the search function of the forum) using PingPlotter and complain at their ISP and ask them to contact OpenTransit's complain thinger.

I assume that GoA is stuck to OpenTransit (via a contract, or worse, via Wanadoo), so they can't tell 'em to stick those connections up their arse and switch ISP like a consumer would do.

Clipse

Fledgling Freddie
Okay, Everyone with an Active DAOC Account send a complaint to your ISP, coz it seems every ISP in the modern world is having "Open-transit issues"

Boni

Fledgling Freddie
Of couse you could argue the game shouldnt cause you to linkdead if you hit a tiny little lagspike from some opentransit hub.

I see half my guild get a lag, some linkdead some dont, and like Clipse said, we used to have big relic raids that survived in very laggy conditions, but now the slightest sign of a decent battle or any lag and half the server gets disconnected.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom