Incidently Requiel

Clipse

Fledgling Freddie
Realisticly what are the chances of out servers being able to handle NF.
Lastnight we raided Hibb Power relics with a measly force of 51, and all went constantly LD. We couldnt kill guards properly, because we cant re-invite group members logging back in. We got quashed due to LD.

Last week we raided Fens, , I used MOC and VP the inc Midds, and the whole server goes kapput.

Seriously, what are the chances of Servers coping with NF ? and is it really fair that every time we raid Relics the server goes Bang, leaving ALbion without a relic for over 2 years ?

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Bear in mind the live servers are more powerful than Gorre and people will be more evenly spread through the zones.

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
servers will be upgraded for nf anyway.
and a lot of lag/crashing (hi2u vp spammers) issues are fixed by nf client.
the only times in game on normal server ive seen vp used is to crash / mass ld the enemy force.

Clipse

Fledgling Freddie
haarewin said:
only times in game on normal server ive seen vp used is to crash / mass ld the enemy force.

VP is just another AOE, we could quite easily spam AOE nuke, with same grafix just less damage...

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
Clipse said:
VP is just another AOE, we could quite easily spam AOE nuke, with same grafix just less damage...

vp seems to do it better than normal nukes :(

Jpeg[LOD]

Fledgling Freddie
the servers not being able to cope with nf is my main concern for when it arrives....

GOA's history for remarkably shit servers is a HUGE worrying point for the mass battles that NF brings with it.....

as zoy said . if a alb army of only 51 + hibs can crash a server. what hope have we for when nf arrives ?

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Was this on Gorre or a live server?
The live servers are getting upgraded again for the NF release. Also, as far as I have seen the lag causing LDs and most ingame problems is in Opentransit and isn't a problem with our servers or our network. We've let them know but it's not something we can fix because it's not in our equipment.

If it was on Gorre then what I just said still counts plus the fact that Gorre is running on lower spec machines than our live servers.

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
Jpeg[LOD] said:
GOA's history for remarkably shit servers is a HUGE worrying point for the mass battles that NF brings with it.....
Really? What specs are the GoA serverclusters compared to the Mythic serverclusters? So, could you tell me what kind of servers they'll need then, you seem to be all knowing..

vintervargen

Banned
the gorre frontiers server seemed to cope with the rvr.. tho not sure if the excal server will be running all areas, and not one separate for the frontier.

Clipse

Fledgling Freddie
It was on Excaliber server, we attacked Dagda, the Hibernian Power relic keep, with 51 Albs lastnight, there were about equal number of hibbies. There were some Mushrooms, not loads and there were quite a few Theurgist pets. 2fg of Midds were in the zone too. After we got door 1 down, people started going Mass LD, log back in, remake groups, continue fighting, then Mass LDs again.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Requiel said:

I believe it was on excalibur,

Requiel said:
The live servers are getting upgraded again for the NF release.

Any chance you want to let Excalibur or Prydwen go live a week early with NF so we can test the new hardware :)

Requiel said:
Also, as far as I have seen the lag causing LDs and most ingame problems is in Opentransit and isn't a problem with our servers or our network. We've let them know but it's not something we can fix because it's not in our equipment.

Best you let them know a bit more harshly that this is impacting on your business or your paying customers will get fed up and go somewhere else.

:cheers:

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
I hear France Telecom just bought back GOA (maybe I heard that a lil wrong) and they got 14 brand new duelpentiumxeoncarlosfandagosuperswidewheeledwithchavspoilernunderbodyglowmakesfastnfusriouslookdaftfluffydicevauxhallnovaknobendboyracer servers purely for NF, along with double bandwidth.

Again I ask....."have faith brothers". --->translated "wait till it happens b4 u whine":flame:

oblimov

Luver of Buckfast
Requiel said:
The live servers are getting upgraded again for the NF release. Also, as far as I have seen the lag causing LDs and most ingame problems is in Opentransit and isn't a problem with our servers or our network. We've let them know but it's not something we can fix because it's not in our equipment

jesus !

If we had a supplier in my work who was causing problems for a user of our products which had to relie on this 3rd party supplier, we would like to hope we had some power with them to get em to change

Sarumancer

Fledgling Freddie
That and there was a severe telecoms outage most of yesterday on the east coast of america, most of washington was completely knocked out due to Level3 having equipment blow out. This caused other routing issues in a cascade that would have had some impact on europe.

Then throw in the servers being hammered by frogs n krauts whilst being you know .. AN ENGLISH SPEAKING FREAKING TEST (ie, speak english or log the hell out), various schmucks running a client and a buffbot, 400+ Hibs being online at any given time. THats miraculous, pryd/hib rarely see's over 300 these days

Add up that Gorre is significantly underpowered compared to the other servers and that the patches and code havent been optimised for that server/node/cluster...

Frankly, youre whining over nothing.

F I D O.

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Sarumancer said:
That and there was a severe telecoms outage most of yesterday on the east coast of america
Irrelevant. Opentransit's problems have existed daily for the last 2weeks or so.

Gorre is significantly underpowered
Maybe learn to read before posting - this thread is referring to Excalibur, not Gorre :twak:

Awarkle

Fledgling Freddie
i would say the problem with excalibur is that too many of you play there all come to prydwen :D

btw need at least 8fgs for hibby pryd :)

ps bring your friends

pps and their dog.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Mythic put NF through a whole load of optimisations when it was in beta/after going live - we get all of those ;)

Server crashes happened on relic raids on the US servers too during OF - it's not a GOA thing...

How many animists were defending dagda last night? :)

Clipse

Fledgling Freddie
there were not many Animists. Mushrooms were NOT a problem. We were only 51 people. Everytime we have raided a relic keep the servers go. Therefore we nuke for 20% less damage than Hibbies. If the game can not handle 100 people in a zone, remove relics from game. Harsh but true :D

Firebirth

Fledgling Freddie
Have to agree with Clipse. Its pointless in Albion attacking Relic keeps if the server is going to conspire against us. Maybe it will change with New Frontiers, i have a feeling it wont. :eek7:

Mirt

One of Freddy's beloved
>there were not many Animists. Mushrooms were NOT a problem.

I only saw 3-4 animists in dagda. There where a few shroom stacks, but they where mostly getting blown to bits.

To be honest I think the albs where cheated out of a relic there, regardless the LDs where not fun on either side.

Some other games (most notibly PlanetSide) routinely have rather large battles (100 v 100) and while frame rate does drop, LDs tend not to happen much and it's still fairly playable. I guess the other difference is that Planetside can recover from a broken connection and DAoC can't.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
from what I saw on my wifes screen it was linkdeaths rather than a server crash...

the front door was still broken when she got back and half the albion force was still there...

Jpeg[LOD]

Fledgling Freddie
Daedalus said:
Really? What specs are the GoA serverclusters compared to the Mythic serverclusters? So, could you tell me what kind of servers they'll need then, you seem to be all knowing..

who cares what specs they are? .. we all know goa live servers are crap and are constantly crashing when large numbers in same zone....

and ive played usa servers . and been on american relic raids (pre-nf) and the zones didnt crash.. whereas if those raids i been on was on excal the servers woulda crashed.

if u really think the servers as they are now are ready n will cope with NF fine then your a moron plain n simple.

Formash

Fledgling Freddie
Jpeg[LOD] said:
if u really think the servers as they are now are ready n will cope with NF fine then your a moron plain n simple.

:kissit: hi, moron here.

Doesn't matter if they will or won't run NF on current setup - the GM said it was going to be upgraded. read up ....

The question you should be asking is whether NF will run on the upgraded system.

Edaemos

Fledgling Freddie
The lag really is getting silly now, it shouldnt take any credible company 2 weeks almost to fix lag.

Jpeg[LOD]

Fledgling Freddie
Formash said:
:kissit: hi, moron here.

Doesn't matter if they will or won't run NF on current setup - the GM said it was going to be upgraded. read up ....

The question you should be asking is whether NF will run on the upgraded system.

and as u will of read my comment about there shitty servers was BEFORE GM posted :) ..

if they upgrade the servers so they will RELIABLY run NF then good on em ,,,, and i'll be one of 1st to say well done... but with goa's track record im gonna put my "well done" on hold till i see how it goes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom