in your opinion....

Are horror movie more or less scarey at the cinema

• Yes they are even more horrific on teh big screen

Votes: 8 33.3%
  • No, having the other audience members there means it's not so 'personal' experience & disturbing

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • It really depends on the horror factor of the movie and your own personal frame of mind

Votes: 6 25.0%

• Total voters

Ezteq

Queen of OT
Are movies more or less scarey when watched at the cinema?

Because I went to see wolfman on friday and tbh it was great atmospheric stuff and tbh I'm not a big jumper/flincher/omfg shit myselfer but I have to say I was very relaxed by having other people there watching the movie there with me and possibly (though haven't watched it at home so can't be sure) was less effected by the blood'n'guts than I would have been if alone.

I used to really like horror movies then we had that break in a few years back and I just find it hard to watch them at home (have to watch them alone because B2 is a big jumper/flincher/omfg shit hisselfer) but was thinking of maybe going to see some horror at the movies.

Whadda you guys think?

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
I think movies are always scarier at the movies, all the loud sounds etc sucks you in

Laddey

FH is my second home
I think movies are always scarier at the movies, all the loud sounds etc sucks you in
Yeah definatly, the experience is great at the movies with a good film.

I watched The Descent 2, experience was great really jumpy etc. Film was wank on the other hand.

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
Cinema is much scarier.
1. it´s dark around you
2. large silver screen
3. dolby surround sound, often very loud

Ezteq

Queen of OT
but it could be even scarier at my house...

dark, damp flat
in the middle of nowhere
random noises coming from the walls
slugs appearing from nowhere

...jeese no wonder I'm weird tbh :(

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Scarier at home alone, get surround sound, lights off, watch on your own.

Cinema you have everyone around you, it's not isolated at all.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
How can you possibly get scared with some fat motherlicker next to you scoffing down popcorn, whilst trying to finger his bird at the same time? Most people who go to the cinema act like monkeys as soon as the lights go out.

If you had the entire cinema to yourself, that would be atmosphere.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
How can you possibly get scared with some fat motherlicker next to you scoffing down popcorn, whilst trying to finger his bird at the same time? Most people who go to the cinema act like monkeys as soon as the lights go out.

If you had the entire cinema to yourself, that would be atmosphere.

No this is Atmosphere

51DWME8V5HL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Dahakon

Fledgling Freddie
Scarier at home alone, get surround sound, lights off, watch on your own.

Cinema you have everyone around you, it's not isolated at all.

What he said.

Although personally I find I get most scared by horror films after watching them when I am in a similar situation. Such as I watch Blair Witch and was a bit creeped out, but wasn't that scared, then camping in the woods at night I went off by myself to have a pee with only a torch for light and I was shitting myself in fear.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
At home, there is just no atmosphere at a cinema.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Yeah, but in space no one can hear you scream

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Alien is still a cracking movie
You can take your Star Trek 2009 and stick it up your arse
Alien is one of the finest sci fi / horror movies of all time. It even beats Event Horizon.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well, scared and scared, the fact that the cameraman is always a-ok kinda spoils it :p

But at home you don't get spooked by the movie blasting sounds at you at appropriate times.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
at home you don't get spooked by the movie blasting sounds at you at appropriate times.

Eh?

Usually the movie you see in the theatre is the same as the DVD. The Soundtrack's the same...

:confused:

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Lamp, there is a random thread spam for your random comments. Comparing Star Trek to Alien? Just bizarre.

Dahakon

Fledgling Freddie
Alien is one of the finest sci fi / horror movies of all time. It even beats Event Horizon.

I dunno, Alien has better psychological stuff running through it, but for sheer disturbing I got freaked out more by bits in Event Horizon.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I never did get that, alien as a horror movie. Sci-fi action movie maybe, but i never found it scary.

Now elm streets will f*ck you up for years :p

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter

Good call, especially about inserting Trek09 in a dirty dark orafice. :p

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
Now elm streets will f*ck you up for years :p

I have the complete box set and watch them upscaled on my bluray player :)

1 & 3 are my faves without a doubt, possibly 5 in there too. Watched the second one and thought that was just awful

Mey

Part of the furniture
Scarier at home tbh. You start thinking stuff is hiding in your house, or your garden etc..

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Even if it's not a great movie, this poll can be answered with one film;

Paranormal activity.

If you live in a house and watch it at home, you'll be sleeping with lights on if at all :D

It's a mindf*ck movie, even if it's a bit toss.

Oh and Sparx; should watch those in a row some time, been too long. Probably a marathon before the new one :p

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Whadda you guys think?

Nothing creeps me out more than watching a scary film in my own house. Movies just don't cut it like that. Only thing is that the sound at the movies is usually 100x louder than strictly necessary :/

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Even if it's not a great movie, this poll can be answered with one film;

Paranormal activity.

If you live in a house and watch it at home, you'll be sleeping with lights on if at all :D

It's a mindf*ck movie, even if it's a bit toss.

Oh and Sparx; should watch those in a row some time, been too long. Probably a marathon before the new one :p
I would have done, if the film wasn't so shit.

Cemeterygates

Can't get enough of FH
I saw Wolfman the other week, I fucking pissed myself at "the arm", the bit where they trap him in the pit and he rips the guys arm off and it comes flying up like a rag doll and it fires the gun when it lands, I laughed for about 5 mins at that lol.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
How can you take Nightmare on Elm St seriously. Nightmares? Please. Scary if you're 13 maybe

Waking up and finding a rabid lion in the bedroom - now thats scary

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom