In two minds weather to buy TOA

ranind

Fledgling Freddie
[FONT=]having serached the web for review's of what peeps have to say about this add on, im not sure as if i wanna buy....... So far i have only seen peeps running game down (trying to copy EQ) graphic's are surpose to be wicked, but they state it does not make up for the lack of game play and the immense differculty in the master lvl's. see http://software.mainseek.com/P-B0000BXIAJ-Dark-Age-of-Camelot-Trials-of-Atlantis-Expansion-Pack.html for some peeps verdict of game.
:eek2: was my first thought, but am still unsure, looking for good points to game so if u have any please say so.
I will no doubt purchase the game anyway as im a die hard fan of daoc, and have been for over 2 years now, (only 1 50 under my belt) but have lots of others 45 warr, 38 healer, 37 sham, 35 sm plus lots of bg alt's :) let me know what u have to say on TOA............. for now im going down the pub :drink: and will be back soon to getting my 45 warr closer to 50
[/FONT]

GDW

Fledgling Freddie
Buy my arse its for sale - same content just more of it

Korax

Fledgling Freddie
throdgrain said:
Dont buy it. Choose Life.
He don't want life, he wants a good game. He's asking if the game is good or not imo, not if he should chose something else. Anyway, as he only has one lvl 50 etc. he seems to be managing to find a balance and do both. Witch is the best of all imo.

Also, you should have learned NOT to listen to whiners by now. They are very loud compared to their amount. Also their whines are about stuff that most people has little or no problem with.

You know about ML's, you know about artifacts, you know that they are good, so when you know all that, you use your little sense of knowlage and logic you have and think that none of this will be free, but will have to be achieved, taking effort AND time. Whiners dont think about that, they just whine because they cant be best after PLing a char to 50.

If you belive that changes are good, you will like ToA. If you want things they were back in patch 1.12, you should have made a time freeze machine back then.

:cheers:

chretien

Fledgling Freddie
Something to bear in mind is that whether or not it's any good, all the people you know are going to be in there for a good while. Unless you like soloing, you might be forced to get it.

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
I'd get it, personally i'm in a bit of a grey area as to whether or not to buy it. Finally settled by agreeing with myself if its over £25 i'm gonna leave it. Not like i've been activly playing much recently anyway (clocked up about 30hrs i'd guess since i last updated my sub - mid january. Getting my moneys worth i am not :rolleyes: )

gervaise

Fledgling Freddie
Well if you are unsure you could wait a little and then decide. After 3 months it has come down in price in the US and by then the continual patching that is happening at the moment may be coming to an end and you can decide which of the many ToA timesinks are actually worthwhile and which have been totally nerfed. Maybe that's what Mythic meant when they said ToA wouldn't impact RvR!

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Look at it this way - when everyone else in your guild says "hey, let's go do a Sobekite Eternal raid!" do you want to be

A: kicking ass in TOA with your mates, or

B: sitting by yourself in the guildhouse making sure the kettle's on when they all get back

...?

:D

Roo Stercogburn

Resident Freddy
Svartmetall said:
Look at it this way - when everyone else in your guild says "hey, let's go do a Sobekite Eternal raid!" do you want to be

A: kicking ass in TOA with your mates, or

B: sitting by yourself in the guildhouse making sure the kettle's on when they all get back

...?

:D

Same thing pretty much happened with SI. Basically, you are more or less forced to get ToA if you intend to keep playing DAoC. Yes, you could buy some of the items but you're also going to be missing the PvE content that most people that hit 50 will be playing.

Tbh I tend to disregard most of the whines. Though inactive now, I had thoroughly intended to get ToA: only stealthers and hardcore RvR players really have a problem with it as MLs, artifacts and ToA items narrow the in-game gap between high RR and those that PvE to get some of the ToA goodies.

Sissyfoo

Fledgling Freddie
I think this piccie sums it all up quite nicely. :/

ToAWhoNeeds.JPG

Ashgen

One of Freddy's beloved
It will be interesting ...

I think anyone who wants to continue playing the game will need to buy it. Some us (well most) have more than one account, so will need multiple copies, which may prove expensive.

What I think will be good, or bad I guess, is that levelling artefacts will require lots of grouping and co-operation. The “power gamers” will probably take a week of work/school and get to their uber status that way, the more casual gamers will need more random groups to help level.

However, the biggest concern I have is money. I have spell crafted all my lvl 50’s now, and I hate to think how much that has cost. Does this mean that I have to go through the same exercise again or will it be possible to get the extra 10% buy getting 2 or 3 new items?

If it requires a whole new set of armour/spellcrafting/alchemy then the time spent levelling the artefacts will also be added to by the time required in cash farming to get enough money to pay for new armour.

I would say that the vast majority of players could be classed as casual players. So will this situation drive the likes of us away as we cannot compete in RvR any longer, and thus make the game just for the elite players who have the time and resources to take advantage of ToA?

Only time will tell, but I will give it a go and see. It will be interesting in 2/3 months to see if the customer data base has diminished.

Regards

Ash

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom