News In other news...

Is it a good idea or barmy and insane?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
Clicky

Is it really sick and insensitive or are people just being prats? I can understand that some people mike think it's sacreligeous but really, it's actually a really good way to re-use the heat created by crematoriums. it's not as if any of the ashes will get mixed up with the pool water is it.

Waddaya think?

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
"I've seen them liquefy the dead so they could be fed intravenously to the living"

leviathane

Part of the furniture
stupidity at it's greatest. Was reading this earlier and thought ye that's a good way to save costs. Not like the "souls"/ ashes are gonna get pumped into the pool and we'll all be swimming in dead people or something.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
So they are cutting their carbon emissions by creating carbon...Hmmm

I dont see a problem with it to be honest, good idea

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
The ovens are gas fired and the exhaust goes up the chimney.
Why not rig a heat exchanger in there as well and use some of the wasted heat for some purpose? Heating swimming pool water is as good a purpose as any other.

The people reacting against it probably think that corpses are going to be used as fuel to burn. Those same people probably don't realise that it takes a lot of naked flame to burn a body and coffin to ash.

Access Denied

It's just a bunch of hot air really.

20080918_Picard_Facepalm.jpg

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
I see the argument, but something tells me that it´s wrong (not the argument, the idea). Can´t help it, it´s just against my personal level of deference.

kiliarien

Part of the furniture
I can only consider it from my position. If I died tomorrow and got cremated (and I do want to be cremated) I'd be happy to heat a pool for peoples' enjoyment.

Spreadin' the love :D

Septima

Fledgling Freddie
I can only consider it from my position. If I died tomorrow and got cremated (and I do want to be cremated) I'd be happy to heat a pool for peoples' enjoyment.

Spreadin' the love :D

following that idea in a very sick way, what not fead starvung peoples wih dead's?

(i'm a bit shame of this one ;()

megadave

I am a FH squatter
just a little bit too much stigma around it for that to happen ;) oh and the fact that's not at all healthy

Access Denied

just a little bit too much stigma around it for that to happen ;) oh and the fact that's not at all healthy

I don't see how it's unhealthy. The heat currently gets vented from a chimney atop the crematorium, why not have it flowing through an outflow pipe that runs through some sort of feeder tank for the pool. That way it'll act like a giant element, heating the water without there being any chance of contamination.

Ezteq

Queen of OT
I thought it was quite an ingenious idea and it is nice to see councils for a change actually thinking outseide the box and looking at ways to save energy and money. Though tbh they could do this but then if you look at areas where councils in the Uk waste money...well it kind of negates any savings they do make.

The one down here is an absolute shocker for wasting money in the most stupid areas and across the UK I am afraid they really are all the same.

rynnor

Rockhound
Sounds like a good idea - its just waste heat from the gas burners after all?

Thorwyn

FH is my second home
I think a lot of the ressentiments are coming from the "picture"... burning corpses and heating the water for a bath. Regardless of how much you break it down into small bits and facts, the picture is still there. I think it´s safe to say that if they would have used the exhaust for something different, something that´s not directly related to other people, maybe something industrial, it would not have been such a big issue.

Angrist

Part of the furniture
following that idea in a very sick way, what not fead starvung peoples wih dead's?

(i'm a bit shame of this one ;()

Oi Vitor!

Fix your english, it's broken. :D

How are you buddy?

Still playing DAoC?

Septima

Fledgling Freddie
Oi Vitor!

Fix your english, it's broken. :D

How are you buddy?

Still playing DAoC?

My english was always broken :(

Playing more GT5 on my PS3 than daoc atm, but popping by time to time :)
Big is back and someone need to look for wod time o time ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom