in games cash....

Crash

One of Freddy's beloved
i was thinking about the money earnt ingame, that each account should have a kind of Bank - which is accessible only by this 1 account and is available on all servers for instance, Youve played up a char to 50 on HIBPRYD things are good in terms of money, but you want to move to MID EXC and have no money there, if you had an account bank with say, 2plat in it , you could access this on midexc and have 2p to play with, in some respects this would be good in others not so good. :eek:

[edit] excuse spackeh spelling its late :(

Yussef

Fledgling Freddie
Main problem is:

Somebody rolls a Necro on another server etc, farms cash, floods the other server with cash by using the bank. It would need limits on how much you can move at a time or over a period etc.

Crash

One of Freddy's beloved
tis a good point, perhaps put a 2p per /month limit and it would be brilliant :) because then it would be very difficult to exploit, praps 2p per server or 2p transfer LImit and maybe even transfer charges

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
They need some way of capping the amount of cash available to players otherwise we'll eventually get to the stages (already on our way) where things cost an absolutlely stupid amount of cash. I saw this on Ultima Online (Europa server) where anything considered even fairly rare could be sold for a thousand times it's actual value. Granted we have a cap on cash we can keep per char but imagine having to spread your cash out over your whole account just to buy 1 item at say 750plat. That's the way things are slowly heading...

Deadnala

Fledgling Freddie
Imposible imo
camlan is harder to play, it would be unfair if ppl start to farm on safe servers and transfer the money to the PvP server.

greetings

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Deadnala said:
Imposible imo
camlan is harder to play, it would be unfair if ppl start to farm on safe servers and transfer the money to the PvP server.

greetings

who fucking cares about camlann anyway?? its just a griefers paradise nothing more....

Lian

Fledgling Freddie
Actually it is easier to make cash on Camlann than on the normal servers as DF is always open. If you play during the day, you're not that likely to get ganked. That and crafters can charge more etc.

Korax

Fledgling Freddie
Would make it alot easier to change server witch is good (I think).

Chrystina

Fledgling Freddie
I'd already be happy with a bank-style-of-thing within one server so I can transfer money between my alts easier :m00:

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
In my oppinion, what happens on one server should never affect what happens on another - they are separate realities. Not to mention it would be hugely unbalancing. You could have an optimal farming character on several servers and always have access to df etc.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Fana said:
In my oppinion, what happens on one server should never affect what happens on another - they are separate realities. Not to mention it would be hugely unbalancing. You could have an optimal farming character on several servers and always have access to df etc.

so what would be so unbalancing with a set ammount of cash transfers a month?? like 400-500 gold a month?? not like u can buy any TG,Galla,Sidi items that way....

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
Fana said:

I agree, imagine for an example Excal is down, and great many Excal players play Pry for the evening, zeeergs everywhere, will be same for cash, people will have more cash, prices go up on things, making it unfair on someone else that hasn't the ability to farm with some ubah farm char.

You can even trade cash between servers anyways so I don't see why this would make any difference tbh

imo theres lot of ways to make lot of cash on your normal server anyhows, hinging, buying/selling, crafting, farming, maybe even sell your body on a consig merchant ;o

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
Make /bank <amount> command and /withdraw <amount> command and and only allow each to be used twice.

So no skipping realm to farm cash. But would allow you not to be thrown in a the deap end with 85% qual equipment and weapons.

I dont think there should be a limit to the amount of cash transfered should be limited ( u paid ure Sub u earned the cash etc). But limiting the amount of times u can transfer cash should only be two, allowing u one transfer and a spare one for erk i should not have done that.

How ever the Logistics and programming involved means its highly unlikely to happen.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Jaem- said:
You can even trade cash between servers anyways so I don't see why this would make any difference tbh

thats a TRADE of cash though so the amount of money in the realm stays the same but different people have it, whereas this would mean that someone with 100p on alb/excal could get 100p on mid/pryd which would kinda unbalance things in mid :p

Twonker

Fledgling Freddie
Jaem- said:
...maybe even sell your body on a consig merchant

I'll give ya 100g for the cat!

Think Garok's idea is the best so far, long as there was a limit as well.

Otherwise people would abuse it for cross-realm-thidspanki-fun.

Yussef

Fledgling Freddie
Garok said:
Make /bank <amount> command and /withdraw <amount> command and and only allow each to be used twice.

So no skipping realm to farm cash. But would allow you not to be thrown in a the deap end with 85% qual equipment and weapons.

I dont think there should be a limit to the amount of cash transfered should be limited ( u paid ure Sub u earned the cash etc). But limiting the amount of times u can transfer cash should only be two, allowing u one transfer and a spare one for erk i should not have done that.

How ever the Logistics and programming involved means its highly unlikely to happen.
That's like 400p you would be willing to let people move across servers? :p

Garok

Can't get enough of FH
Yussef said:
That's like 400p you would be willing to let people move across servers? :p

Yes they earn't it ...

How will it unbalance the realm ..

You cant by instant victorys against the other realms..

You can by Good equipment for you charecters, craft, help out members of your new guild spend it on drink and hookers for all i care ;)

But they have to be sure how much they want to transfer.. since they only would get 2 shots.. If they want to transfer all their funds why should we stop them. All the realms need fresh blood to keep them ticking over.. and most importantly to keep people interested.

A Chap and his Wife have joined my guild from Mid excal which they have played together from the start. They have now done all their is to do in Midguard and want a change. Why should they not be allowed to transfer their funds to Alb .. ?

Unless some people are worried they wont be the richest player on the server :D

You need to give me a better argument why not..

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom