In game voice

O

old.job

Has anyone played those PS2 games where you can actually talk to each other, how does it go?
Or anyone here use a voice program on DAOC?

Does it work or just degenerate into screaming and abuse.

O

old.Dillinja

I used to use a voice program on CS, nobody ever got into arguments on it while I was using it. It worked quite well. There was always the odd idiot who would start talking a load of crap down it such as '4 terrorists remaining' in a stupid voice or whatever but it was all good fun tbh.

O

old.tRoG

We used to use it back in the day (Playing Q3). It's far more efficient than typing... once you get to understand the accents :)

A

amazingsteve

Used to use it for RvR with the Jarakin crew. Mostly ppl said "inc enemies <direction" :) and "bollocks, fucking zerg again":D

Although there were some odd moments too, Piojo singing torero for us and Tantalon and Jarakin talking to each other for over an hour, bunch of girls :p

O

old.Kerosene

voicecomms here when duo'ing with my 50 Champ mate. Increases our survivability a hell of a lot I think because we are both singing from the same hymn sheet and know exactly what each other is doing.

O

old.TeaSpoon

Used to use Battle Com or Roger Wilco back in the day of serrious UT, but most people were really quiet. Use Teamspeak for guild stuff now, and its a good laugh, makes XPing alot more funny and we've had occasions at guild meetings where we had to kill the server because we were laughing to too hard to concentrate on it. :D

S

shadybrack

i use ventrilo with a few ppl is teamspeak much different to that or better in anyway?

O

old.Tohtori

When we played Aliens versus Predator at the office, we used a thing called "Shouting Loud". It worked rather well. Usually it was quiet but when i hugged a marines face you could hear "Fuck" or "Goddamnit" over the SL. Especially if i did it repeatedly.

Only problem with the SL is that it's not really designed for anything but LAN games and even in big offices, the distance(for some reason) of two computers seems to effect the quality and volume of SL.

C

Cush

Used Ventrillo, Sidewinder Game Voice, Roger Wilco, Team Speak.

Team Speak was the worst of them 4 from my experiance.

Sidewinder Gamevoice is realy easy to use. Specialy if you use msn and the ppl that you play with does it aswell. It will appear as they are on the phone if you look on them at msn and all you do is click and join and talk. No fuss about putting up a server or anything. One just press create and the others join. If the one with the server leave for some reason the server is simply just shifted to someone else so no need for remake or anything.

N

)nick(

We used teamspeak on prydwen. RB mostly use ventrilo which I prefer.

'PIIIIIIIIBEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!'

K

keela is

using TS or something like that is rather difficult in my life... got a noise house and family around, would like to use it, but can't really. :(

D

Darw!n

Lets not forget Roger wilco... wait lets forget it, it sucked

O

oblivion_6

imo ventrillo is good as you can assign a button to opening your mic

like the side button on my mouse which means when im in DAOC i can just click on thta to talk without causing much trouble

not used it much in rvr mostly just to slag of xaldrick for sounding like a pron star :p

S

Sibanac

I used to use RW back in my TFC days. worked verry well.

ofcourse there are side effects, never ever use voice activation !

I was using voice acc one late night , when my then GF had a better proposal then TFC, beeing a red blooded male I could not decline the offer, logged of forgot to shutdown RW, needless to say the clan enjoyed the performance

O

old.Tohtori

If you really wanna look like a geek, play Dark Age of Camelot with a headset.

"Heal! Peel! Incoming!"

And allthe appropriate words, when your sitting by a computer, make you look stupid. Tape yourself sometime. You need a hermitcabbin to do that.

B

Brynn

We use Ventrillo when we are RVR-ing. Makes it fun. Coz we can slag people off who ain't got Ventrillo :p

Users who are viewing this thread