Impressed and playing it now xD

Litmus

Resident Freddy
cant wait for friday, got my 4 man coop(few rl m8s) already sorted out, look cool as

aika

Can't get enough of FH
this is so trying to fit into the fallout "feeling" so hard its not even funny.
Even in the intro instead of Vault Dweller you're called Vault Hunter or something

I nearly uninstalled it just cause of that :p

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Been playing it for half the day, fking excellent. :D

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
this is so trying to fit into the fallout "feeling" so hard its not even funny.
Even in the intro instead of Vault Dweller you're called Vault Hunter or something

I nearly uninstalled it just cause of that :p

b...b...b...but?!!!?!! ur still playing it or? Dunno, imo still is ok. Getting more into it. Fallout3 for me was 4tl. Much of the content was far too repetitive. This isn['t proving to be quite the same. But any game that rips off George Orwell's 1984 deserves to be kicked in the nuts with a rip of its own tbfh ;p

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Sorry, but I am seriously loving this game now. The witcher 2 got put back >< So as a replacement of sorts, I am not complaining. Playing regularly now :)

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Been playing it for half the day, fking excellent. :D

To quote my nagging mother: Aren't you a little old for those videogames!?!? Don't you have anything better to do.. nag nag nag.

Had her visit me a few days so i couldn't really get anything (what i deem important) done. But since everyone praises this i must try it out, but is it demanding hardware wise?

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
To quote my nagging mother: Aren't you a little old for those videogames!?!? Don't you have anything better to do.. nag nag nag.

Had her visit me a few days so i couldn't really get anything (what i deem important) done. But since everyone praises this i must try it out, but is it demanding hardware wise?

My comp's a two year old quad and running it fine with an nvidia 8600 gts 512mb :)

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Just finished the game and I am still largely impressed with it. Albeit not that impressed to play it twice over on the same char - which some players are from what I saw. I guess at the end I rediscovered why I don't like the fps genre too much - the games just don't last long enough, even with an xp/levelling element to it.

Verdict on Borderlands : Fun but not lasting enough to keep persistent interest. Which is a shame it is a very well done game that's had much care and attention given to it.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
sucks that it's short lived. I had that with Prototype. Think its mmorpg's that make all other genre's seem 'short lived'.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Torrents: will decreasing upload bandwidth allocation increase download speed ? Or is that bull ?

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
My housemates and I are playing it, we have been playing it all weekend its brilliant. Will certainly keep us amused till next Tuesday

Helme

Resident Freddy
Torrents: will decreasing upload bandwidth allocation increase download speed ? Or is that bull ?

In general it's true, but for ADSL etc connections you are better off limiting the upload to about 50-75% of your max, else you'll utterly strangle download.

--

Regarding the game itself, I got bored at level 30 - and I fucking hated the interface, could it have been so hard to add a better map?

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Short lived?? Did you do all the side quests and explore everwhere? I am 30+ hours in now and still have quite a few quests to complete before it is game over. Not making a judgement here but people seem to rush through games these days rather than obtaining maximum entertainment from them, I had a massive arguement with a friend who said he had 100% completed Mass Effect in 10 hours which I know to be impossible, the main questline alone takes that and there are dozens of sidequests to pick up as well.

As for replayabilty, well get some friends and play through it co-op for much more of a challenge, the mobs really scale up in co-op and with 4 players the loot is insanely good.

Add me cHodAXuk if you fancy a run around at some point, myself and a few mates are trying to get a couple of hours co-op in most evenings at the moment.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
I'm playing it atm with a norwegian friend its well fun heh, if anyone fancies a game add Willdoon2 and Kornykido to your ingame friends lists that be me and norwegian friend (we're around lvl 26-28) zerker/soldier duo.

Edit: on a side note I also have Operation Flashpoint 2 and soon Modern Warfare 2 if anyone fancies a game of those at some point.

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
Deffo a fun game, specially coop :)
Love the amount of guns, using a submachine gun atm which empties its 50 bullet clip in a second and reloads near instantly

Only qualms are that it's such a lazy PC port - having to edit ini files to disable mouse smoothing, in game voice comms (hi2u vent) and enabling anti-aliasing is a pain

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Just got to playthru 2 yesterday still loving the game! :) definately onto a winner here I hope they bring expansions out for it or additional DL content.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
We wasted a good few minutes in the arenas. I can see that really taking off

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
We wasted a good few minutes in the arenas. I can see that really taking off

not tried them yet tbh, hopefully it'll take off tho yea not many online games up atm that I can see although i'm sure a fair few people still dont have the game.

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Was at my brothers house last weekend, he just bought a PS3 and borderlands we started playing after saturday's dinner, and after a while it was time to have dinner on sunday. Dam this game is fun... :)

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Was at my brothers house last weekend, he just bought a PS3 and borderlands we started playing after saturday's dinner, and after a while it was time to have dinner on sunday. Dam this game is fun... :)

Tis, i've finished it almost on the 2nd playthru now i'm starting to feel sad that it ended so fast :( wtb expansions! lots of them! lol... ah well 16 days and Left 4 Dead 2 is out :)

Fafnir

Resident Freddy
Tis, i've finished it almost on the 2nd playthru now i'm starting to feel sad that it ended so fast :( wtb expansions! lots of them! lol... ah well 16 days and Left 4 Dead 2 is out :)
I really like the music in game.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Saw it and i can't help but to think that i'd have to keep repeating "it's not fallout" during my whole gameplay :p

If i can find a cheap copy/borrow one, i'll be sure to try it out, otherwise i'll have to keep playing Fallout, especially since i paid a good money for the CE.

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
i think its supposed to be a fallout mock, it even has bobble heads in it

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom