Important News

S

Scouse

....well, not really.

Just thought I'd mention that Tribes 2 runs flawlessly at 1280x1024 with all the sliders up to max on my new Alienware rig.

I'd turn it up to 1600x1200 - but what's the point? - I can't tell the difference on my 21" monitor. :p

That is all :)

S

Scouse

I would if I could find a game I enjoy playing half as much online......

It's good for a quick blast, looks pretty, requires more brains than the average FPS, has vehicles and a big green snot launcher...

..apart from a massively multiplayer online space trading space-station-owning Elite-stylee game which was free, what more can you want??!

:clap:

X

Xtro

Hmm...atm I'm crying as Freelancer turned out to be Space Harrier with trading :(

Hopefully EVE might be ok.

I'm enjoying X-Box live tbh, I play a lot of military based tactical FPS like Ghost Recon and Op Flash these days.

Daoc was a load of bollocks in the end.

S

sunsoar

ello gayboy
hows tricks
still playing daoc or have you jacked it in at last

W

Wij

Originally posted by Xtro
Hmm...atm I'm crying as Freelancer turned out to be Space Harrier with trading :(

Hopefully EVE might be ok.

I'm enjoying X-Box live tbh, I play a lot of military based tactical FPS like Ghost Recon and Op Flash these days.

Daoc was a load of bollocks in the end.

Realism games suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck :eek:

DAoC isn't bad. Not as good as QW TDM and UT CTF were but I'm too slow now :)

Try Mutant Storm !!!1 :D

S

Scouse

So freelancer suckketh the proverbial cock then? :(

I'm dying to play a persistent elite-style game.. What the fuck is the problem with programming one?

Did you ever play Hardwar? I thought that it had the most promise of any of the planet-bound space games - if they'd made that persistent, online and beefed up the gameplay it'd be great.

X

Xtro

*clears throat*

Hi sunny, hope you are well m8 :) I renewed daoc for one month to play the expansion but ...its a bit dull sssh ;) PM me let me know what you are upto bud.

Wij, I love realism games sry m8 :p

Scouse...if I had stumbled upon Freelancer without any prior preconceptions or info on it I would probably play it a few days then pass it up, maybe 75% if I had to review it. As it is, it was touted as an Elite type game with gorgeous graphics.

YOU PLAY IN THIRD PERSON FFS WTF IS THAT ABOUT? :(

It's like "Elite - The Hollywood Picture", ie. made by clueless people as a homage to the original.

This is how freeform it is - at the moment I am stuck as to progress to the next "pilot level" (rank in other words) I HAVE to do the next mission of the main story, no ifs, no buts. Of course to get the next ship and have better weapons I need to be the next pilot level. Argh....how shit :(. Total disappointment.

/edit: Nope, never tried Hardwar. Looked ok but wasn't in space so I didn't think I'd go for it. EVE online is meant to be THE thing we are after but I'll have to see. X2 is coming out too, first X was ok but a bit pondering.

W

Wij

Didn't like X.

Don't have a joystick near my PC these days anyway :)

Realism games abuse puppies !

T

Testin da Cable

I still have the jst that I bought specifically to play privateer :)
too bad freelancer sucks...and thus will EVE be our saviour?

A

adams901

Heh Eve keep trying to get me to beta test the game, they have been sending me emails since phase 2.

Just got this....

Dear Adam

EVE:The Second Genesis
Beta 6 Phase

Become an EVE Beta tester!

You are among the chosen few to participate in the current phase of testing for a new and exciting massively multiplayer game.

In this phase, we are focusing on:

· Load and stress testing
· Improving gameplay features and functionality
· Performance optimizations

We would like to emphasize that we are asking for your assistance with improving the game and that participating in specific game actions, and bug reporting is requested. Since playing will be done under testing conditions, the game will vary in performance - there will be interruptions to server uptime and various issues might come up with the game´s performance and state of gameplay.

We will be asking you to download the game.

To run EVE, you will need Microsoft DirectX9.0 and fulfill the minimum requirements for hardware

M

Mongrol

Eve will not be anyones saviour. :(

I`ve been playing it since beta2.

P

plightstar

Never had slow down from tribes 2, lovely and will always kick ass.

S

silv_

holy moly...

wassall this about.. tribers actually speaking to one another? i thought that we generally just idled!

S

Scouse

Blimey. It's like a reunion at the retirement home in here....!

Don't tell me we'll all start playing games again or something. :m00:

D

dread

Originally posted by Scouse
Just thought I'd mention that Tribes 2 runs flawlessly at 1280x1024 with all the sliders up to max on my new Alienware rig.

As it does on my £600 PC from the Adli supermarket. You flash fool!

D

dread

Originally posted by Scouse
With 4XFSAA and 8-tap anisotropic enabled? :p

:)

er, yes. :p

Its hardly a taxing game for 256Mg RAM, 2.66Ghz CPU and a GF4 128meg. UT2003 - now theres a bitch.

If know one knows about the stupidly cheep high end systems Aldi have been selling, then take a look next time they have them in. But they go fast - i had to que. Its was like a new console launch. Bizarre.
Not cheap OEM either - Sony 48x CD writer, good case, Flash card/USB post on front, Seagate 120Mb 7,200rpm harddrive... all for 600 notes and that was last year!

Users who are viewing this thread