Important Hint/Tip

xane

Fledgling Freddie
The loudspeaker system in Hue can be destroyed, giving temporary sanity back until it respawns !

Cdr

One of Freddy's beloved
Apparently the control towers at the various airbases can be destroyed, preventing any planes from spawning.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Cdr said:
Apparently the control towers at the various airbases can be destroyed, preventing any planes from spawning.

You're joking ? Yet another winwin\o/ for base-campers :)

Cdr

One of Freddy's beloved
I'm not sure if it applies to all airbases, but on some of the maps you can destroy the tower.

Clown

Part of the furniture
If you destroy your BF:V CD, then you can't see any base campers either! If you can't see them, they don't exist!!

Cdr

One of Freddy's beloved
And if we ignore clown, perhaps he'll go away?

adams901

Can't get enough of FH
they take quite a beating before they blow up, so if you lose one to base campers you deserve to have it destroyed.

I hit one with all the bombs in a plane and loads of shells from a tank before it blew up, plenty of time for the enemy to get reinforments.

xane

Fledgling Freddie
Seeing as the NVA have a ton of classes with timebombs, explosives and such, doesn't that give them an advantage ?

I'd try it out, but I have no idea what the "towers" are.

adams901

Can't get enough of FH
The radar symbols on the map indicate where the towers are.

Utini

Can't get enough of FH
If so xane, its about the only advantage NVA have.

Deadmanwalking

Fledgling Freddie
Utini said:
If so xane, its about the only advantage NVA have.

Apart from tunnels, Quality sniper classes, Anti-air weaponary, Better APCs, mobile spawn points, yada yada.

xane

Fledgling Freddie
The sniper class sucks, what the hell are caltrops used for ? Now a sniper/punji combo would be nice :)

adams901

Can't get enough of FH
I havent seen any NVA tunnels, and the USA also has a mobile spawn point as well as a good sniper rifle.

Ive also noticed that the opposition dont get the RDP gun on every map where as the USA always get the M60 gun.

Darthshearer

Can't get enough of FH
I saw what I think was the opening of a tunnel but still dont know how to make one :eek6:

Deadmanwalking

Fledgling Freddie
Caltrops are excellent for rigging popular camping places. And most of all for covering your back from being stabbed/shot when sniping.

Chuck them on stairs or doorways leading into the building you are in and you are relatively safe. Not to mention bouncing bettys and that wonderful rifle.

Not seen a tunnel adams? You do PLAY the game yeah?

throdgrain

FH is my second home
On the subject of hints / tips, Ive been struggling to get rid of the lag, particularly mouse lag, since I got this game.
My problems have been enormous fps loss in buildings too.
This all came to a head last night after 2 or 3 maps, when I was trying to shoot someone the other side of a river. Because of the wavering uncertainty of my crosshair it took ages to shoot this guy, like probably half the magazine of an M60. Then I discovered he was on my team too :/
(Sorry Adams901 :) )
Anyway, Ive tried lots of things, including the normal sound adjustments, and they have made a bit of difference, but not enough.I even tried going down in resolution to 1024-768, but the mouse lagginess was still there, and I still lagging badly in buildings.
So, last night I , extremely reluctantly, moved the sliders back on all 3 detail settings, from high to medium.
The difference was amazing. I can shoot things! The game is still at 1280-960, and theres still grass and foliage, it still looks great. But the mouse lag has completely gone, and going into, say, that temple in the middle of the Ho Chi Mihn map I still make 70+ fps no problem, and can play the game just the same as if it was outside. In areas where there is some sky it makes (an admittedly irrelevant!) 130 fps +.
I am a happy bunny :)

adams901

Can't get enough of FH
no, what is battlefield: Vietnam anyway?.

Even the developers have said they have not "yet" implemented VC tunnels, there are some areas with a roof covers in foliage but it can hardly be classed as a tunnel.

Now if there was a complete underground network that allowed the VC to move about the map I would agree with you that tunnels exist.

Deadmanwalking

Fledgling Freddie
By tunnel i am on about the moavble tunnel exit bits.

You know those things that the engineers can pick up and redig later on.

adams901

Can't get enough of FH
oh you mean the shovel :-/, thats no different to the crate the choppers can move about.

I want the proper tunnel systems inplemented, they are in the game code just not in any maps.

Deadmanwalking

Fledgling Freddie
The big dif is the NVA have that shovel tunnel thingy on alot more maps then the US and it is alot less obvious then a big fat box. Espec as it has to be carried by choppers.

adams901

Can't get enough of FH
but but but, you have to be the engineer class to carry the shovel, so not everyone can carry it, plus the engineer is a shit class to be if your stuck in a gun battle.

The USA have the big fat M60 on all maps where as the NVA have the RDP on only a few maps. so I guess each side has its own strenghts

granny

Fledgling Freddie
throdgrain said:
Because of the wavering uncertainty of my crosshair it took ages to shoot this guy, like probably half the magazine of an M60. Then I discovered he was on my team too :/
(Sorry Adams901 :) )

Lol, just read that, classy :D

I did that yesterday when sniping on the Ho Chi Minh Trail map, missed some bloke running through grass about 5 times then finally got one in his head and he was on my team, doh!

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Wij said:
You're joking ? Yet another winwin\o/ for base-campers :)
hate when I enter a map, and every1 is basecamping...
Get in Them airplanes ! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom