FH news IMPORTANT!! Changes to the forum

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
So what changes will be inc to FH as a result of GOA dropping DAOC EU?

Can we have a Ywain section please?

Original Suggestions **Edit Crom 25/1/2010**

Ok, clear that there are just too many sections here than are now needed.

Have raised the issue with the gods above and there is scope to rejig if we can get some good suggestions and a general consensus.

My initial thought was as straight forward as follows:

Dark Age of Camelot
----General discussion
----Game resources (templates, walkthroughs, hints, tips and to include technical help etc)
----Creative
----Off-Topic
----Archive
--------All other historical content, read only.

I've undertaken to move 'current' threads where required.

feedback please.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
have no fear, I'm sure the people who can actually make (sub)forums will be totally on the ball ;)

best bet is to inventory the change(s) you think will be needed, and post about it here. someone's bound to notice in a few days...weeks.....hello? *tumbleweed*

GReaper

Part of the furniture
Perhaps wait and see what's going to happen first?

They might have a separate Euro server, or could allow some to transfer to Ywain but not others, etc.

Jiggs

Can't get enough of FH
Current inventory:

Dark Age of Camelot
Sub-Forums:
General Discussion
Game advice and Walkthroughs
Technical Help
Creative
Off-Topic

Excalibur & Prydwen
Sub-Forums:
General Discussion
Off-Topic
Albion
Hibernia
Midgard
RvR Discussions
Battleground Discussions
Crafting Discussion
Trading, Templates!
Gratz-ulations

Camlann
Sub-Forums:
General Discussion
Trading
Off-topic

Other DAOC servers
Sub-Forums:
General Discussion
Glastonbury
Trading

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
A sub section for raids to be organized on US servers since EU ones are closing down.

TdC

general
off topic

and raids. the rest may get consolidated into an "old" forum or something. it will happen when it happens though. I can't do it, so if the Mrs Jup forgets to let the man-thing out of the speshul room it may take a while ^^-)

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
The mods will do a good job as always - just lets get it sorted FH > VN boards and can we please keep FH secret from all the cretins in the US...

.... nothing like some xenophobia to get the weekend started

Jiggs

Can't get enough of FH
Dark Age of Camelot
Sub-Forums:
General Discussion
Game advice and Walkthroughs (maybe this should be for class discussion also?)
Technical Help
Creative
Off-Topic

EU Cluster (whatever it will be called)
Sub-Forums:
General Discussion (you can put raid info here with a [ALB] [MID] [HIB] tag surely?)
RvR Discussions

Ywain
Sub-Forums:
General Discussion
RvR Discussions

Other DAOC servers
Sub-Forums:
General Discussion

Jiggs

Can't get enough of FH
alb mid and hib sections imo

I'd rather tags though. My reasoning was that most people play more than one realm and it's easier that having to check a different forum just to see if someone is running a raid on mid.

Are there any mods who are active DAoCers? Looking at the list at the bottom it seems a bit of a clearout is overdue^^

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I can sticky threads, merge threads and move threads but any sub-forum creation has to be done by Deebs or Jupitus as far as I know.

I would suggest asking here

Nate

FH is my second home
I'd rather tags though. My reasoning was that most people play more than one realm and it's easier that having to check a different forum just to see if someone is running a raid on mid.

Are there any mods who are active DAoCers? Looking at the list at the bottom it seems a bit of a clearout is overdue^^

I think it'll just get confusing, people will forget to tag/not bother

TdC

good ideas there guys, cheers. now that there is a thread in the feedback forum it won't be forgotten :)

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
good ideas there guys, cheers. now that there is a thread in the feedback forum it won't be forgotten :)

What won't be forgotten?

;)

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Dark Age of Camelot
--General Discussion
--Game advice and Walkthroughs
--Technical Help
--Creative
--Off-Topic

--EU Cluster (whatever it will be called)
----General Discussion
----Albion
----Midgard
----Hibernia
----RvR Discussions

--Ywain
----General Discussion
----Albion
----Midgard
----Hibernia
----RvR Discussions

This does not include any 'other servers' section, but I'm pretty happy with that. [ALB][MID] and [HIB] tags will be available in most general areas for those with the sense to use them.

I'm inclined to retire all excal/pryd threads within the appropriate section of the EU cluster, and I can try to find Ywain threads and move them to the Ywain general area.

Comments?

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
This does not include any 'other servers' section, but I'm pretty happy with that. [ALB][MID] and [HIB] tags will be available in most general areas for those with the sense to use them.

I'm inclined to retire all excal/pryd threads within the appropriate section of the EU cluster, and I can try to find Ywain threads and move them to the Ywain general area.

Comments?

I would go for less forums.
--General Discussion
--Game advice + Technical Help
--Templates
--Trading + Crafting
--Creative
--Off-Topic

Why have a Ywain and EU cluster when we don't even know what clusters there will be yet?
Also I don't think its worth having sub forums for alb/mid/hib, people play multiple realms, and you don't want to have to look through 3 forums in case there is a raid you want. Make 1 sub forum for events if you really must.
Also can we keep the template forum. Templates should have there own forum, so its easy to find what you need. Try looking through the template thread for a template you want, its much easier to use a forum and have a thread for each template.
A Trading + Crafting forum as well so people can list who you can buy SCing from and if you want to trade item etc.

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
OK they are asking for some feedback including suggestions - please post your suggestions here.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Comments?

Like Jiggs says, we don't know what the set up will be yet, whether the UK server will get merged with Ywain or not. I believe it will do, simply because there is such a small number of active accounts (if any) on the current UK server. There would be no need for 2 sections then, unless people want one for the German/French super cluster.

I wouldn't make any changes for a month, with the time frame between now and GOA losing the licence so small, I would think we will know more in a months time.

Maeloch

Part of the furniture
I would go for less forums.
This, traffic is too small now to have a load of different sub-forums. Need to be as simple as possible to get a critical mass or they won't get used.

GReaper

Part of the furniture
One sub-forum per server maximum. If things are categorised too much then there's going to be far too few posts in each section, few posts gives the impression of dead forums. FreddysHouse isn't the main place for all DAoC players anymore.

If a server forum does manage to get too much traffic then you can add sub-forums for things later.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
General Section - Template thread, questions about servers and classes etc.
RvR Section - For fine Whine and Dining
PvE Section - For raids, xp grps etc.
Trading/Crafting Section - Got plats on hib, but need on mid?
The Holy Off-Topic - Do not touch

TdC

remember folks, as said above, less=good :)

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
1244752105257.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom