Import Gamecube

L

leggy

I was wondering if anyone (Ono) could tell me the best place to get hold of an import US gamecube.

I have decided that I can't be arsed waiting for Zelda and Prime. I know about freeloader but would prefer an import cube.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks.

O

Ono

By far the best way to get hold of an import Cube is second hand from a reputable seller. I got mine from someone on another forum who had a good history.

The advantages of this are:

- cheaper (I got mine for £90 delivered)
- no customs worries
- you normally get Mem Cards, extra controllers thrown in.

You could try putting a Wanted up in the classifieds of either The DVDForums (where I got mine) or at the EDGE Forums. You need to register. Obviously only buy from someone who has been a member of the forums for a bit (not someone who just registered).

If you are after a brand new Jap/US modded Cube then:

www.Goblindirect.com are a very good company to buy from. They are pretty expensive but they are UK based which avoids customs.
£165 for a Platinum modded Cube with Metroid Prime is a very good deal IMHO.

Whatever you do - make sure it is a JAP/USA modded Cube and not only a USA one.

Oh, and another tip: the transformers provided with import Cubes can be a bit cumbersome. I suggest phoning Nintendo Customer Care and buying a UK power supply which you can use on the import Cube (which I have done).

Anymore questions - let me know.

O

Ono

Freeloader does work - but there are some memory card issues.

If you don't want the hassle of deisc swapping then a modded Import Cube is the way to go. The games can often be cheaper on import as well - I got Animal Crossing and Metroid Prime for £28 each for instance.

N

NaveT

Oh, and another tip: the transformers provided with import Cubes can be a bit cumbersome. I suggest phoning Nintendo Customer Care and buying a UK power supply which you can use on the import Cube (which I have done).

However, buying a decent transformer from Maplin (£50) ,means that any future NA consoles you buy abroad will work in the UK no problem. I agree though, that these 230v --> 110v transformers are bit on the bulky side.

Only 2 weeks to the NA Zelda, should arrive :)

H

Hotteh

Is your metroid Jap or USA ono? If its spawned in yankland whered u pick it up for 28 quid from :eek:

O

Ono

USA Version mate.

DVDBoxoffice.com is where I procurred it. Be prepared for a wait of 2 weeks + though.

S

sheepsteak

i always use teh boxoffice :clap:

i just got 4 copies of animal crossing to sell to some poor fucks on ebay who don't know any better :spin:

B

buffys_boy

Originally posted by sheepsteak
i always use teh boxoffice :clap:

i just got 4 copies of animal crossing to sell to some poor fucks on ebay who don't know any better :spin:

what a cunt!:spin:

D

DJSonic

If you'd like to have a modded GCN than just an US one, you can get one from www.micmic.net. I bought my GCN from there November 2001 and it still works today. Best buy I've ever done.

Users who are viewing this thread