Advice Import Duty

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
A quick question;

I am led to believe from research that if I was to order a laptop from, for instance, Amazon.co.uk, and have it shipped to me in Denmark, I would not be liable to pay any import tax on it as its coming from one EU country to another. Could anyone in the know confirm or debunk this please?

Cheers

Tom

I am a FH squatter
No import duties whatsoever within the EU. That's the point of the thing (well, one of the points).

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
...unless its Ireland and you're importing a car.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Don't even think about importing anything from America though. I don't know what it's like to England but I've been hit with pretty mahoosive duty payments each time to France.

Punishment

Resident Freddy
...unless its Ireland and you're importing a car.

Im trying to buy a Golf GTI MK V atm and its's so stupid as there are loads of nice ones and Edition 30's in the UK but the VRT on 07-08 2 litre Petrol with a turbo just makes it a non option tbh, stupid fucking illegal tax and they keep ramping it up and up :(

soze

I am a FH squatter
Don't even think about importing anything from America though. I don't know what it's like to England but I've been hit with pretty mahoosive duty payments each time to France.
I got a vinyl skin for laptop. Cost £18 + £12 postage, then the post office charged me £21 to deliver it. £6 VAT and £15 handling fee. It is a fucking con as the items should of never incurred VAT but they included the postage into the total price and shafted me. Even better was the threat of a CCJ unless I paid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom