im sick of it!

H

halgaard

ive experienced this issue so many times lately its not even funny anymore. Spellcrafters charging P's for low low lowlevel stuff.

Idiot

just ran halfway through albion to meet this spellcrafter and as you can see above... i changed my mind.

I think 3-5p for a full suit of the high end of sc is fair but geez this is getting Rediculas!!

D

Draylor

Overcharging low level items takes near enough same time (and is just as annoying) as lvl 51 gear.

If you dont like the ripoff prices start your own spellcrafter - I did.

C

ChillyDawg

dont evr complaina bout crafter prices. If ou dont like it, dont buy it or roll your own, its not EASY or cheap or fast to get lgm anything. it takes time money and a lot of bloody retires to do a 5pt OC on wotever lvl item.

H

halgaard

there was no overcharging involved in this one. we didnt even get to the point of what jewels i needed. all i asked was if he was able of making 2 +10 stats to which he replied he couldnt ( as you can see on the screeny )

edit: this crafter was not lgm, so save me the crap about it taking time and money to get there.. i have a fletcher with 940+ so i know how long and how much it cost.

the funny part is, i made shaman on prydwen the other day, and took up spellcrafting. got to 200 for less than 20g and the stuff i needed here was all +2 skill +7-10 stats

I

influenza

If theres no OC ill happily do it for you if i can :)

D

doball

1 Piece of Armour with +10 CON and DEX

10 Gold

3 Pieces of Armour with +10 CON and DEX

25 Gold

6 Pieces of Armour with +10 CON and DEX

40 Gold

2 Weapons with +10 CON and DEX

15 Gold

The prices would be similar to the above depending on the mood of the Spellcrafter :)

B

Bleri McThrust

Is it just me or is there something in the screenshot im missing ?

Nice piccy of you binding at Caer Ulfwych.

H

halgaard

took a horse from camelot and took screeny when i arrived if you are currious.

W

Waok

;-)

SpellCrafting can be a tedious time consuming thing.

I can see your frustration about him charging that price, but it has tobe said once again, they can charge what they want, you dont find many crafters wanting to produce low lvl items simply becuase they cant level up on the items they produce, and it takes time and money to produce such things.

However, 1pp is a bit much and is greedy.

You will know when the price is right, many crafters stick to common prices, and you will know when they are charging too much. Ask around, maybe you will find a better deal for someone wanting to help their fellow avalonians out.

Good Luck and Have Fun ;-)

H

halgaard

spellcrafting is no diffrent than Any other craft
imagine the weaponcrafter doing your.. Bronze dagger charging 1p.... get the picture?

W

Waok

No, Spellcrafting is sell on demand, you do it there and then.

I woudnt find spending 2 hours sc'ing something for a lowbie, more fun than Scing a full MP set of 102.

Same time it takes to get 1pp for crafting you can make that in DF and trinket it for more.

And it's not me who charged you 1pp for sc, so don't start bitching at me, i'm just trying tobe nice.

And no, I don't use daggers ;-)

W

Wardevil

Hmm... All ppl do now and days is whine about the crafter.. Well they have the right to charge what they want. If you dont like what they charge i think you should make your own crafter.. Crafters use alot of money and if you would just take alittle time 2 read this

http://forums.barrysworld.com/showthread.php?threadid=71597

I dont have a crafter myself so i dont ask any questions or what so ever. If i find the price 2 high i just try and find another crafter. Maybe you should do that..

K

K0nah

there are nice and fair spellcrafters and then theres the *$%£("^)!'s.

guess which one u give your business to?

F

Fagane

There are several SpellCrafters who ask 500g from a level 27 wizard to SpellCraft a focus staff without overcharge and level 35 focus on it.

For sure, if you want overcharge you can ask good prices, but for a regular imbue, and for sure for the lower levels amoung us, I find it compleetly rude. Then just say you will not do it, instead of trying to rip new players off. At level 27 the cost of 35 gold is already a lot of cash.

Fagane

F

Flimgoblin

I think 1pp was "I can't be bothered working out what a +10 stat gem is" :)

T

Tharion

Originally posted by Draylor
Overcharging low level items takes near enough same time (and is just as annoying) as lvl 51 gear.

What Draylor said.
Besides SC is abit more annoying then other crafts as an order usually includes 4x7 or event 4x10 99% items.

So making some 99% longdirks or other stuff can't really be compared.

And I really don't think that this was a serious price it was just to make you STFU and go somewhere else :D (not saying that this was the right thing of him).

L

Larik-

As was said above it's on demand - and time is money. An order takes up time, fletchers need one good quality item for an order, spellcrafters need four. Low level stuff doesn't cost much in materials, but in terms of time spent, the spellcrafter could make much more money doing something else.

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

Like someone said, you get nice spell crafters and you get cock monkey spell crafters. If you get the latter then keep looking for the nice ones. They are out there...somewhere. ;)

B

Bellona

You cant compare those two things, WCer will only need 1/4 of the tries to make a "99%" item

Originally posted by halgaard
imagine the weaponcrafter doing your.. Bronze dagger charging 1p.... get the picture?

P

Puppetmistress

Originally posted by halgaard

It's not the same. Most tradeskills can just make items whenever they feel like it, put them in vault and sell when needed. They also have to make a maximum of 6 items (armour/tailor)

Spellcrafting: You need to make specific gems and regular template is 8 items x 4 gems = 32 gems (all on 99% for OC).

You cant stock those gems as easy, because the odds of someone asking you for a 99% +19 piety gem is abit lower then the odds of someone asking you a 99% large shield (to name an example).

Spellcrafting involves ALOT more work per customer then any other tradeskill.

T

thorwyntf

But that´s still no reason to charge twice as much for a +10/+10 item than the SC who charged 500g for my entire lvl 50 armour + staff. And no, not a guildie or anything. :)

B

Bellona

most likely.. ive sometimes told people prices like 666p if i were busy

Originally posted by Flimgoblin
I think 1pp was "I can't be bothered working out what a +10 stat gem is" :)

T

tripitaka

TO all those thinking of having their Armour / Weaps SC'ed - download this , use it - it itells you the cost price of having ur stuff SC'ed and then ull know roughly what ull be paying.

http://theharms.org/daoc/sc-calc.php

Normally ull find SC'er ( or any crafter in general ) will charge cost price to guildies and put a % on the total for a non guildie - at least they do when ive bought.

This program also allows you to see how much it'll be with different % markups.

K

katzzzz

Its business, if u dont like his price ask some1 else, if u cant find any other SCer u must pay his price.

S

skile

Originally posted by Draylor

But 1p? omfg

K

kenshee-himura

Originally posted by ChillyDawg
dont evr complaina bout crafter prices. If ou dont like it, dont buy it or roll your own, its not EASY or cheap or fast to get lgm anything. it takes time money and a lot of bloody retires to do a 5pt OC on wotever lvl item.

Still there's no need to rip off other ppl.
You can have cheap,medium and expensive SCers but rip off prices just suck

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom