I'm off.

Cromcruaich

Can't get enough of FH
Censi pretty much covered my sentiments in his first post.

Still good bye and good luck kinag. No point playing if you no longer enjoy it, and I sympathise with your position completely.

:fluffle:

Calmin

Fledgling Freddie
Take care mate.

Sorry we never got around to our Friar duo we planned....the evil Avalon server stole me away before we ever got it off the ground.

Would have been bloody funny if we had of done it though.

All the best

Cal

Gamah

Banned
C ya mate, nice playing with you in Alb and owning *ahem* playing against you on hib ;)

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie
It´s always sad to see a long-standing player leave, best of luck for the future.

censi said:
laters bro.

you were solid player and real nice guy...

what your describe ultimately is players who are not interested in competative RVR not respecting realm mates (or other players generally) that are....

its pretty pointless to argue or tell people about it, because the peeps that do it dont give a shit (or they wouldnt do it). The peeps that dont do it and play good, basically know exactly where your coming from anyway. but its got to the stage where peeps have giving up campaigning to see if mythic could address it (they wont). Hence servers dry up from ZZzzz. and population of lemons V proper players swings more to the left every week.

This has very little really to do with the server population drop, it´s been steadily dropping for the last 2-3 years. The population drop is mainly due to DAoC being old and tired, after 5 years a game like this just loses it´s appeal. Even the AC raids for many was just an excuse to move-on, something to blame rather than admit their beloved game doesn´t hold the same attraction for them it once did. Add to this attrition losses to players growing out of the game (or gaming in general) and loses to a multitude of other games.

Consider that a lot of players are now getting a bit too old to really care about a game as much as they once did and the game doesn´t really attract new blood as all they see is whining and moaning on forums (and the game doesn´t exactly advertise itself). Low population is a ever-decreasing-circle for a mmorpg. The lower it goes, the less appealing it is for new players. Those who do try it leave pretty-sharply. DAoC is a game known for the established player base, it has little attraction for a new player. Guilds are clicky, alliances are worse, groups are almosty non-existant, everyone has top templates and buffbots so the pve grind to be competative is very long and unappealing. 5 years ago this was the norm, nowadays players have less desire to work towards a goal, they demand instant gratification and there are many better games available that can provide this that were not around when DAoC was released.

Sorry to say, but DAoC is a dinosaur struggling to survive in the new-world. If it can´t adapt, it won´t survive long.

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
Cya Kinag, had some good laughs in the groups/duos etc - full agree with the last posters, its going downhill rapidly now - the US servers are holding a bit better due to more aggressive marketing from Mythic - but theyre still where the UK servers were about 2 years ago now - so the same slide is starting, just not as fast or as far along.

Be interesting to see how much of the playerbase is left 6 months after WAR release, as i can see that having a similiar effect to wow.

See you in another mmporg perhaps...

Kinag

Part of the furniture
You probably won't find me in WAR, considering the pvp video I saw :p

But you will however see me in Age of Conan :)

Frozodo

Fledgling Freddie
Tallen said:
It´s always sad to see a long-standing player leave, best of luck for the future.

This has very little really to do with the server population drop, it´s been steadily dropping for the last 2-3 years. The population drop is mainly due to DAoC being old and tired, after 5 years a game like this just loses it´s appeal. Even the AC raids for many was just an excuse to move-on, something to blame rather than admit their beloved game doesn´t hold the same attraction for them it once did. Add to this attrition losses to players growing out of the game (or gaming in general) and loses to a multitude of other games.

Consider that a lot of players are now getting a bit too old to really care about a game as much as they once did and the game doesn´t really attract new blood as all they see is whining and moaning on forums (and the game doesn´t exactly advertise itself). Low population is a ever-decreasing-circle for a mmorpg. The lower it goes, the less appealing it is for new players. Those who do try it leave pretty-sharply. DAoC is a game known for the established player base, it has little attraction for a new player. Guilds are clicky, alliances are worse, groups are almosty non-existant, everyone has top templates and buffbots so the pve grind to be competative is very long and unappealing. 5 years ago this was the norm, nowadays players have less desire to work towards a goal, they demand instant gratification and there are many better games available that can provide this that were not around when DAoC was released.

Sorry to say, but DAoC is a dinosaur struggling to survive in the new-world. If it can´t adapt, it won´t survive long.

Well as it is atm there is loads of action on all us servers.. and i heard that most english spking people start joining either us or Avalon so i guess it will give them yet another year :)

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Cya later in Conan Kinag.

Many years ago, but remember playing with you and my brother Tiac. Also remember you when I were in OÆ for some months.

Kinag

Part of the furniture
Chosen said:
Cya later in Conan Kinag.

Many years ago, but remember playing with you and my brother Tiac. Also remember you when I were in OÆ for some months.

Closer to a year really.

Talsar

Albion Legend
:( Take care bud, i hope that life treats you kind, i will miss our chats :) keep in touch so i can poke you on msn from time to time ;)

Twinky

Fledgling Freddie
Basic_X said:
Hade Kinag, var morro den gang for lenge sia da Odins Æresgarde enda eksisterte. Lykke til! ;)

Odins Æresgarde.. damn.. joina der etter at alle hadde quita :( gikk glipp av nå stort der jeg imo...

Lykke til videre i livet da Kinag! Damn ass.. var det ikke du som skulle spille Braakjekk da ;)?

/salute to an old school!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom