I'm not old!

C

cHodAX

It's getting on my nerves now, anyone know why its happening? And NO I don't mean the ageing process ;)

M

Madonion Slicer

lol this is pretty funny, but i am only 22

O

old.mili

barry has updated the forums so maybe summin went tits up

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Um,

we ran announcements last week that we would be merging the forums accounts with our membership system.

It is not rocket science, all one has to do is click the Migration link at the top of the home page of the forums.

R

reubs

We've syncronised our forum user database with our membership one, so users will only need one account to logon to barrysworld and forums.

You can 'reclaim' your old.username by 'attaching' it a BW membership account here :

http://www.barrysworld.com/Membership/Forums/ForumUser.asp

Why did we do it? - We needed to centralise account management in the one place for a number of reasons, one benefit to the forums going forward is that we can now control 'features' of the forums from our website, more on these features as we hook them in...

S

Solid

Oh Poo I have to have all lilly Hyphens and Equals signs next to my Alias, how lame :(

A

Alrindel

That was a very long and confusing process, with many self-contradictory "that user name is already in use" / "no such user found" error screens.

But at least I am young again.

P

- Pathfinder -

Pff Solid the other user name was better :p

A

Aileanara

Ive been trying to sort this out!

But I keep getting either "User not reconised" or "user name already exists"
I Think ive tried every possible combination of joining/migration options that are available!!!!!!!
I cant even submit a tech question help because "USER does not exist"!!!!!!

HELP

J

Javai

A very confusing process, I even ended up with another account by accident - but the link at the top of the forum works and makes it alot simpler!

T

Tiwaz

Took me quite some time to sort this out as well:)

You have to create a new account, and call it something - other than your alias in the forums!

then when your created your account, you can log into it, and 'bind' it to your existing forum alias.

Then, when you access the forums, you can log into it with your forum alias, and your membership password.

hmm, strange that you cannot call the membership account the same as your forum alias:(

E

Embattle

Originally posted by old.PieRowManiac
Ive been trying to sort this out!

But I keep getting either "User not reconised" or "user name already exists"
I Think ive tried every possible combination of joining/migration options that are available!!!!!!!
I cant even submit a tech question help because "USER does not exist"!!!!!!

HELP

You do have a BW membership account I take it, not just forum account?

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Originally posted by Tiwaz
Took me quite some time to sort this out as well:)

You have to create a new account, and call it something - other than your alias in the forums!

then when your created your account, you can log into it, and 'bind' it to your existing forum alias.

Then, when you access the forums, you can log into it with your forum alias, and your membership password.

hmm, strange that you cannot call the membership account the same as your forum alias:(

Um, you can.

My membership name is DBs, as is my forum alias.

K

Khalen

Indeed very confusing, thanks for your summary how to do it Tiwaz. (btw nice to put the support form on it but you need username for it :rolleyes: )

Weeehh got my old one back (btw fill in the forum name your old forum name (not old.name))

A

Aileanara

Sorted it! thanks Tiwaz!

To be honest I cant rember if I did create a membership account
(ill find out tonight when I get home, im at work at moment so cant check) & what the details where!!!!

O

old.Tohtori

Snickers

Not gonna change the name! I love the old thingy :p

M

Mesmer

To clarify the "Name already in use" messages, and order of precedence of the two sets of usernames that exist, here are the rules that are used...

When you request a new forum alias, these checks are made:
1) Does the username exist in Membership? If so, and the name is not the same as your Membership username, you cannot use the name.
2) Does the alias exist in Forums? If so, and the name is not the same as your current Forums alias (ie if you are migrating or renaming), you cannot use the name.

When requesting a new Membership account, it does similar checks. However, you cannot create a membership account of the same name as any existing username or alias.

If you have a forum account, and you are creating a membership account to link it to, the membership account must be a different name.

Merging two namespaces is never an easy process, and we appreciate that it will not be effortless for everyone.

Hope this helps.

T

Tesla Monkor

Well, that was fun. Took me a lot of fiddling, but I got it right now.. (Makes you wonder how many accounts are made by everyone until they get it right -- but it's more efficient! (But very confusing.. x_X)

T

Tagetes

Well after 30 minutes of trying to get this done, I'm finally at the Existing forum users point.

Click on 'I've read the notes below, let me in!'

Cannot find server -
The page cannot be displayed

Tried 6 times so far :)

O

old.Hendrick

I think it's nice to see we are still moderated by old.Brinx, old.Damini, old.Kemor and old.Zargar :clap:

B

Brannor McThife

Yeah...just saw that now...hehe...bet they can't figure it out. :cool:

-G

D

Damini

Originally posted by Brannor McThife
Yeah...just saw that now...hehe...bet they can't figure it out. :cool:

-G

I could too! I just have more pressing things to do. Like, erm.... I have sandwiches to make. And erm... a ball of string to chase.

*mutters incoherently under her breath and waits for her boyfriend to come home and fix everything*

H

Herbal Remedy

ah not that hard then, but i did all this account merging stuff ages ago when notice went up about account merging thingymagij ah well :rolleyes:

O

old.tRoG

im confused o_O

i made the membership tRoG aaaaages ago but ive forgotten the pass and oh..

im just so confused. and btw i do exist j00 f00! :)

using the lost pass wizard now but its so sloooow

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom