Cerb

I am a FH squatter
...for atleast a year

*gulp*

Advice?
wish me luck? :p

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
At the airport, make a joke about having a bomb strapped around your waist. It'll be funny.

Helme

Resident Freddy
Don't get injured in any way unless you want to bankrupt yourself.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
At the airport, make a joke about having a bomb strapped around your waist. It'll be funny.

That is a good way to get yourself a 12 month free stay in Cuba. ;)

Laddey

FH is my second home
Good luck man. Take care out there.

Keep in touch!!

Vasconcelos

Part of the furniture
Good luck and remember:

In Alabama, It is illegal for a driver to be blindfolded while operating a vehicle.

Dont say i didnt warn you

:cheers:

Ezteq

Queen of OT
twinkies and three musketeers bars are lovely but tbh avoid Oh Henrys!

Good luck and have a splendid time
xxx

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
Just because you CAN eat half a cow in a restaurant doesn't mean you SHOULD.

Make a point of cultivating your english accent and general englishness. You've seen "Love Actually" haven't you? :)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Just because you CAN eat half a cow in a restaurant doesn't mean you SHOULD.

Make a point of cultivating your english accent and general englishness. You've seen "Love Actually" haven't you? :)

He's Irish.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Don't go? :D

NAh, best advice would be to forget all the stereotypes etc you've been bombarded with and think of it just as another country where everything is a bit bigger.

Rent a dodge viper, piss cheap there.

Also consider getting a car, cheaper and could brnig it basck home. Think it's a year that you have to own it, to bring home without taxes. Look it up.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
I've heard from friends who've been over there that the American people are some of the most friendly and polite in the world

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
A minor detail that actually helps his case. :)

I think this may be true. I made a call today to a agency that finds you work and I could almost hear the girl I was talking tos eyes widen :p

Thanks for all the advice and well wishes and such!

Ingafgrinn Macabre

Can't get enough of FH
I've heard from friends who've been over there that the American people are some of the most friendly and polite in the world
I had the same experience.
Same.

Cerb,
Things you need to know about the US...
  • Get health insurance.
  • Tips are obligated. 15-20% is normal. Tip if someone does something for you, e.g. the waitress bringing your beer. No tip necessary if they don't, e.g. the cash registry lady in a supermarket.
  • Be prepared for a pocket full of bills and worthless coins. Normal wallets don't cut it. I used a money clip in one pocket and the change in another.
  • Tip the poor. Your change is worth almost nothing, so when you see one of those big water bottles of a homeless foundation, it doesn't hurt to throw in your change, and perhaps a single or two for the cause.
  • There are some areas in almost every city, where you don't want to drive without your doors locked.
  • Gasoline is rather cheap, but cars guzzle. Overall you're still cheaper off than anywhere in Europe, but not by as much as you'd think on first sight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom