I'm going to see the Pixies! *happy dance*

Damini

Part of the furniture
I've done it. Booked tickets for friday at Reading festival. I have to see the Pixies before I (or anyone in the band) dies, so it had to be done. I'm far too old and bitchy to camp at Reading now though, or to have people wee on my tent, or burn plastic near me, so I'm only going for a day. Anyone else going? What do us old fogies do for accomodation? Drive home that night? (Ugh). Get a train to a nearby town and stay there? Kill someone who lives in Reading two weeks before, dress in their clothes, collect their pension, and live in their house?

Pixies!

This monkey has definately gone to heaven. Now to endure the little I've Just Finished My GCSEs and Wish To Rebel By Burning Things And Tipping Toilets brigade. Might get a colostomy bag fitted, and have my nostrils sown together before I go. Maybe.

Pixies!

maxi

Fledgling Freddie
Nice one. They're *amazing* live. I saw them at Brixton last year with a pal who's old enough to have seen them when they were around the first time and he reckons they're just as good now as they were then. Just a bit fatter.

Will

/bin/su
Chew Airwaves gum while entering the toilet. Cheaper and easier than a colostomy bag. ;)

maxi

Fledgling Freddie
And damn well go and see the Arcade Fire too.(they're playing Reading)

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Surely clear sinuses is not something you want when going in to public lavs?

Mobius

Can't get enough of FH
I'm very possibly going with some friends. The thing is I only really want to see Iron Maiden, some of my friends want to see The Killers, and some want to see Foo Fighters. (Which of course all fall on separate days)

Are tickets likely to sell very quickly, or is it safe to wait a bit before buying?

maxi

Fledgling Freddie
I think due to it being a favourite of the above mentioned young middle class cracka types, tickets don't sell out so quickly("You'll have to do well in your exams before i'll buy you a ticket for Reading, Timothy" etc)

yaruar

Can't get enough of FH
getting tickets soon, Pixies were on top form last year at the Brixton gigs and at the festival dates (went to t in the park to see them too) Looks like a cool line up for reading, going to look into hotel accomodation though or a motorhome for the weekend, i can't be doing with reading bogs at my age!

Will

/bin/su
nath said:
True...you want to get in and out before the menthol hit finishes.

Nibbler

Fledgling Freddie
Saw em at T in the Park last year. I was shroomed up. They played for about 8 hours. Yes.

Embattle

FH is my second home
nath said:

Certainly not if you were to go in after me :)

G

I saw the pixies in 1989, they were really good, is that really 16 years ago, oh well, /me crawls back into his shackletons high seat chair

Jiggs

Can't get enough of FH
Pixies live o_O saw them on the 'Bossanova tour' around 1990 at Crystal Palace. i remember several fans jumping into the lake by the stage. they were a really great live band.

god its so long along its painful to think about, its great to hear they're playing live again.

have fun daminii^^/

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Nibbler said:
Saw em at T in the Park last year. I was shroomed up. They played for about 8 hours. Yes.

happy birthday Nibbley you youngster you :)

aaaaand...the pixies!! hmmm I loved them to death but I think I shall pass. too many things in my head will come out I fear :) doesn't mean you can't enjoy them D, they're great live!!

Vae

Resident Freddy
Saw the Pixies at V last year with an ardent Pixies fan. I'd heard of them and thought they were a band I should probably see (it beign their comeback and all) and that I was sure to recognise at least a couple of the songs.

They played a pretty good set (the ardent Pixies fan said it was a blinding set...) but when it got to the end I realised that I hadn't recognised any of the songs at all. I get a feeling my musical education is possibly lacking in certain areas...

Gef

Fledgling Freddie
I was at V last year, I missed em though, think I was watching the Killers or Elbow at the time. I have a couple of their albums but not a massive fan any more really.

On a side note, I went to go see Jimmy Eat World in Birmingham last weekend, they were absolutely awsome, didnt want it to end. Oh and they had Hundred Reasons supporting them too who were class as well! Still, tickets cost me £60 for two off eBay which was a bit of a ripper, but well worth it :)

Moving Target

Fledgling Freddie
Definitely going to Reading, as I live there, and my other idols (Iron Maiden) are also playing. Very excited :D

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Saw them at V last year. Tuneless monotonous shite. Easily the worst act of the weekend (that I saw anyway, I'm guessing the Scissor Sisters were worse, but I'd rather drink the contents of a Portaloo than go see them). Best part of their set was easily the end, cos it meant we could go down to the NME stage and see someone decent (Massive Attack - set of the weekend).

maxi

Fledgling Freddie
....which confirms that they are fucking awesome

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Damini said:
I've done it. Booked tickets for friday at Reading festival. I have to see the Pixies before I (or anyone in the band) dies, so it had to be done. I'm far too old and bitchy to camp at Reading now though, or to have people wee on my tent, or burn plastic near me, so I'm only going for a day. Anyone else going? What do us old fogies do for accomodation? Drive home that night? (Ugh). Get a train to a nearby town and stay there? Kill someone who lives in Reading two weeks before, dress in their clothes, collect their pension, and live in their house?

Pixies!

This monkey has definately gone to heaven. Now to endure the little I've Just Finished My GCSEs and Wish To Rebel By Burning Things And Tipping Toilets brigade. Might get a colostomy bag fitted, and have my nostrils sown together before I go. Maybe.

Pixies!
that's all well and good young lady but...

where the fuck's your book!?!?!?!?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom